PS4 - First Pictures Of SplitShock Controller For PlayStation 4?

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
First Pictures Of SplitShock Controller For PlayStation 4?

Alright, probably not, but it’s an intriguing glimpse at what it could be all the same. We received materials earlier today from a source claiming to work for Sony’s creative agency BBH New York, with what are apparently early-stage renders – and therefore in no way up to date – of what the new PlayStation 4 controller might look like.

Named the SplitShock, the most noticeable feature is that the classic analogue sticks have been removed and replaced with touchpads which apparently serve the same function. The accompanying literature, if it is to be believed, says this about the touchpads:

“When a consumer is not playing a game, the SplitShock touchpads function as a track pad with both halves making a larger area to swipe and select items. The touchpads are also fully programmable by developers. This gives them the freedom to use the touchpads as they see fit. For example, if the game doesn’t require analogue controls, the touchpads can be used as an alternate input device. This allows games ported from IOS or Android the ability to retain their original control scheme”.

The addition of a “share” button at the bottom of the controller will enable players to instantly share data with friends, aided by a 4GB memory chip in the controller, which will sync with a user’s PSN account.

Furthermore, the ability to split the controller into two halves will allow for PlayStation Move functionality on the fly; users won’t need to splash out on extra peripherals as the controller has built-in motion sensing.

00161.jpg

00523.jpg

00335.jpg

00721.jpg

:merchant:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
my ps3 just took a shyt the GPU is fukked, instead of repair I should hold off, but damn, when is this coming out? I was hearing later this month, but I think that's a very false rumor, that just can't be, anyone got a 'close' release date?

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not long now until they do the full reveal.
That looks terrible, I don't see the appeal in a touch pad controller.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I have no plans of buying a Playstation 4 so this actually looks pretty good :obama:

It will just assure that the XBOTS keep winning and we stay getting the hottest exclusives well into the next generation. :mj: