Psychologist says only 30-50% of people have an internal monologue

Ransoming

Rookie
Daps
I don’t have much of an internal monologue. My mind is usually quite unless I decide to actively think about something. Its probably why I rarely dream.

However when I used to smoke weed every now and then, some twisted dark suicidal thoughts would enter my mind. It is weird because I would never entertain these ideas or thought otherwise.

Last edited:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

The Egyptian priests had a detailed guide to fighting Apep, referred to as The Books of Overthrowing Apep (or the Book of Apophis, in Greek).[12] The chapters described a gradual process of dismemberment and disposal, and include:

• Spitting Upon Apep
  • Defiling Apep with the Left Foot
  • Taking a Lance to Smite Apep
  • Fettering Apep
  • Taking a Knife to Smite Apep
  • Putting Fire Upon Apep
Papyrus_of_Hunefer%2C_detail.jpg

In addition to stories about Ra's victories, this guide had instructions for making wax models, or small drawings, of the serpent, which would be spat on, mutilated and burnt, whilst reciting spells that would kill Apep. Fearing that even the image of Apep could give power to the demon, any rendering would always include another deity to subdue the monster.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Would be very interesting to see the same research done on pro athletes as I'd be willing to bet they don't think a thing but feel everything as that is the swiftest, most efficient possible reaction with no waste and full traction.

0:53 Definition of flow state.

1:23 Intensely focused attention on the current task of the present moment only, letting go of everything else. Very narrow focus.

3:33 Fully present and aware in your physical body.

Note that last one, just as predicted because you can either feel or think, not both.

The peak of all of these factors comes with:

8. Egolessness​

• Many of the descriptions of flow quoted up to now have mentioned the fact that while immersed in the experience one tends to forget not only one’s problems and surroundings, but one’s very self. It is as if awareness of one’s personhood were temporarily suspended. This is another result of the intense focusing of attention that pushes anything not directly related to the task at hand out of consciousness.
  • The transcendence of individuality that flow makes possible provides a rare chance to take an active involvement in something larger than the self, without relinquishing any of one’s mental, physical, or volitional skills.
  • While one typically forgets the self during the flow experience, after the event a person’s self-esteem reappears in a stronger form than it had been before.

Michael Jackson spoke about it a lot and how its a spiritual state, a case of getting out of your own way and feeling the music, not thinking it. Translating the beat in the moment. Pac said the same and thats why he disliked multiple takes because creativity doesn't repeat, it just pours out and is captured complete with mistakes as thats what makes it real and authentic.

Ego is the opposite of Self. Its what it pretends to be. How does it pull off this trick? By whispering sweet nothings in your ear using your own vocals tones that then lead you along like a puppet that follows its prompting. In ancient times the metaphor was that of separating water from milk as that is how difficult it is to discern who you are and what isn't but seems like it is.

I've got a simpler way:

If you can hear the voice in your head, you can't be it. The next step is what is that thing, that process that is observing in silence? That state I call The Witness. This is you. The real you, in and beyond this realm. The moment you grasp this the water is ejected from the milk and its pure presence is felt as the volume switch is hit on the blown out of proportion spiritual GPS known as the egoic process which is currently at the helm of most heads in this level of the Game, tricking them into thinking its them when its no such thing.

I can prove my perspective to you right now, with remarkable clarity and ease:

Everything that comes from your ego, that constant spew of commentary in most peoples heads is entirely predictable, ten times out of ten. You know this. Those threads and tangents in your heads never take you anywhere beyond what you already knew. The Self, on the flip, presents you with information that pops fully formed into your awareness and often requires cogitation to comprehend and break down into its components and make sense as its source is beyond this realm hence the Game of Souls. People sometimes get a glimpse of this, the proverbial "bolt from the blue" so its said and this shows the difference between water and milk.

Once again MJ spoke on this with perfect clarity and precision that matches my experience:

I am the thinker, the thinking, the thought

I am the seeker, the seeking, the sought

I am the dewdrop, the sunshine, the storm

I am the phenomenon, the field, the form

I am the desert, the ocean, the sky

I am the Primeval Self

In you and I

Pure unbounded consciousness

Truth, existence, Bliss am I

Hence you are another me, together we:

me-we-ew.png

Let me put it to you like this:

The hit dogs hollering and protests about how having that chatter draining your voltage in your head is the best thing since sliced bread etc.. is actually the egos defense mechanism to prevent you realizing its trick. In effect its living your life hence 81% of the populace are Slaves draped in invisible chains laboring under the delusion of things that exist solely in their head that they take as gospel as they have no other barometer of experience. Water and milk. Kind of hard to tell the difference between two liquid states of consciousness.

By the way your brain doesn't create consciousness. You are consciousness.

There are levels and rules to the Game and its not for everyone in this current age to Self actualize and activate their true state as we're playing the dark stage at the moment which is currently being ushered into the next wave of artificial illumination - more water, less milk but its flavored this time so people will happily slurp it and not catch themselves slipping. Once they clip the chips in its a wrap because you'll be riding this coaster without end as silicon augmented carbon connects the minds of the plebs into a totally different kind of neural net than you suspect. Time is a flat circle.

Last edited:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
I don’t have much of an internal monologue. My mind is usually quite unless I decide to actively think about something. Its probably why I rarely dream.

However when I used to smoke weed every now and then, some twisted dark suicidal thoughts would enter my mind. It is weird because I would never entertain these ideas or thought otherwise.

Next time you decide to indulge try this:

Map your standard awareness using whatever barometers you wish. Get creative. Unleash your imagination so give it a texture, a color, a location in space, free associate. Map the frequency. Puff on that tree and you'll notice a click and shift when your adrenals start pumping (side note - amazing isn't it how something that purporedly relaxes the mind actually stresses the physical system in the same instance. Don't you wonder why that is and the implications therein?).

Now using those same barometers and tools of measurement you noted previous see the terrain you currently find yourself in.

This is how you chart higher states of consciousness and create your own personal maps of meaning. Way beyond any academic text, accepted reference of Simon Says spiritual acceptance that details anothers adventures for your second hand pleasure and observance.

Once you've got familiar with being active in the state instead of just riding the wave then you'll start seeing what I mean about water and milk. You'll also be able to leap to whichever field you wish in order to examine whats therein and the subjective effects on your consciousness. The rest will unfold as and when and thats when it gets really interesting as you start feelseeing the pixels, code, algorithms and patterns that make up this realm as well as what its suspended within:

Your awareness.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Yeah, I've been asking everyone at station and on the train. Everyone, no matter the color, says yes.

But this woman I'm talking to said she doesn't. How is that possible

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: MMS

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
If you are going to invest in your inner dialogue at least make it creative:

If you're offended or refuse to accept the concept that Voice In Your Head = NPC ask yourself why. Who is actually hollering about that statement? You or the voice? Is there a difference? Can you even tell?

Yeah, I've been asking everyone at station and on the train. Everyone, no matter the color, says yes.

But this woman I'm talking to said she doesn't. How is that possible

Ask her how she comes to a decision or makes her mind up about something where there are pros and cons and see what she says.