"PUFF felt that WOLF services were NO LONGER NEEDED...JEEZY is 100..he is the SNOWMAN"-SOSA (BMF)

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
I wanna say I remember Jeezy years ago, shortly after he first blew, intimating that he was a millionaire...

And I might've bought it as a young and impressionable dude, but after being on the front lines and trafficking myself, there are very, very few nikkas who touch a mil. I mean very few, like 1%ers...

I doubt any rapper ever came into the game as a millionaire. We all hear the same names tossed around whenever cars are having shop talk, all the same names that were supposedly millionaires. I'm not buying any of them...

Because if you had a million dollars you'd be Meech himself...

Now, I do think Jeezy is probably one of the most rich rappers to come into the game. But before we started hearing about him on a mainstream in late 2004, he'd already been rapping and making money underground since like '01. And its widely acknowledged he was successful underground, so a percentage of his change was from repping already...

It's been verified he was trafficking, so regardless of anything he was caked up. Being very liberal, I'd say he had $150k to his name when he really blew up mainstream. In reality I think it was less than that, because having and maintaining 6 figures made mostly off drugs is not an easy feat and something nikkas just get walking outta bed...

But I do think he's probably one of the most "hood rich" rappers before his celebrity...and he definitely marketed himself early on as being a millionaire before rap or close to that...

He's also talked/rapped about putting cats down but the understanding I have is that he wasn't known as a gunner, but he was legitimately a pusher...

I remember there was a article when Jeezy was coming up which made a big fuss about him being a new rapper and having a lamborghini, insinuating that he was caked up.

I think it came out later that the lambo was borrowed to him from the bmf car showroom lmao.

not gonna lie, jeezy's swag and persona had a young me :wow:

now that I'm older I see that 50k a year legit x 40 and owning a house is much better than 100k+ a year illegal cash x 5-10 and going to jail.

I'm hitting 32 now and most of the bros who were real flashy from selling in our teens and early 20s are now doing football numbers, killed or just bums.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I remember there was a article when Jeezy was coming up which made a big fuss about him being a new rapper and having a lamborghini, insinuating that he was caked up.

I think it came out later that the lambo was borrowed to him from the bmf car showroom lmao.

not gonna lie, jeezy's swag and persona had a young me :wow:

now that I'm older I see that 50k a year legit x 40 and owning a house is much better than 100k+ a year illegal cash x 5-10 and going to jail.

I'm hitting 32 now and most of the bros who were real flashy from selling in our teens and early 20s are now doing football numbers, killed or just bums.

I know cats who have rented foreigns. Cats just not out here owning foreign vehicles...

Because hip hop glorifies dealing drugs, our culture also exaggerates how much money cats make; exaggerates how easy it is to run it up; and minimizes the challenges along the way while dealing...

Alot of us come from relatively nothing, so cats can be making money, but being able to maintain a certain amount of money while taking care of yourself, people you care about/love, being in beefs, getting robbed or raided or losing money otherwise, going in/out of jail stints, etc...when I'm in barber shops or when I was incarcerated and cats talk about nikkas with money, most don't have a clue. It isn't easy to have 6-figures/$100,000 of your own money off strictly dealing, and maintain that------>and by the time you get to that level you should be looking to cash out anyway...

...but the big time pushers we know or heard about don't, it's hard to cash out with that kinda bread...

I consider myself to have been a semi-successful, mid-level dealer at a point in time. Was around cats who had more money than me, others who didn't, and I never had close to $100,000 of my own money at a single point in time. Not even close, and for sure I was more successful than alota nikkas I knew...

So I'm with you, I remember the aura and talk and hype around Jeezy when he first came out. I was a teenager and didn't have clarity on alota things then, and there's grown men who don't have clarity on that shyt now...Jeezy probably had up to $150,000 of his own money when he got big, but it wasn't all dope money and he wasn't nowhere near a millionaire....

I salute the brother because he's one of a small percentage of cats who I think are legit in the background. I think he's a genuinely good dude, watching his journey the last 15 years and how he's evolved into the person he is now is inspiring, and regardless, being late-20s and having $150k liquid is an accomplishment. The route he used thru dealing isn't something I think any of us would encourage our kids to do, but I think the attainability of telling a child from nothing that if they stay focused and pursue shyt the right way, you can be in a position at 27/28/29 years old where you have six figures plus liquid cash on hand, your own money, that's inspiring...

I'd bet in the entire history of hip-hop, very few guys who were the RAPPER had as much or more than Jeezy by the time they sign with a label/get their first mainstream exposure...