PUNK/HARDCORE THREAD

keepitrealprk

All Star
Daps
RIP Riley Gale

that shyt hurts, dude was one of the most charismatic and classy frontmen out, period.

always at the merch table cracking jokes about autographing shirts.

watched this guy play the smallest dives to selling out big venues.

a top notch human that helped so many.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
RIP Riley Gale

that shyt hurts, dude was one of the most charismatic and classy frontmen out, period.

always at the merch table cracking jokes about autographing shirts.

watched this guy play the smallest dives to selling out big venues.

a top notch human that helped so many.
I read so many good stories about that dude. Sad to lose another good one.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My fav hxc band currently. They remind me of Have Heart and bands from that Revolution Summer movement. From Wilkes-Barre PA which is like a hotbed for this shyt

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Peace & light Sid McCray. He introduced H.R to punk. There’d be no Bad Brains without the brotha.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I read so many good stories about that dude. Sad to lose another good one.

I haven’t looked at this thread in a minute and was looking for the name of the song I remember posting in here..

just thought I’d tell tell my personal story and friendship with Riley.. first things first..

Riley was a legit aas dude, through and through. Genuine fukking dude, humble as hell and would become friends with you instantly. I had become friends with him through friends of a friends, Franz of Turnstile actually when Power Trip brought him on tour with them to sell merch. During the shower before they played and after we hung out in the bar kicking it drinking beers and he treated me and we talked like we known each other our whole lives..

when Riley passed away I was legit shaken up because him and I talked a bunch of times about our internal metal health struggles (bipolar) and connected about things he was dealing with on and off tour. It was never revealed how he actually passed and people assumed it was drugs but knowing him and I conversations I believe it was not that and it sucks.

Power Trip was one of the best modern bands and made me excited for hardcore music again. And I wish I made more effort to see them and hang out when they came around. Still sucks and I get bummed over it from time to time.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I haven’t looked at this thread in a minute and was looking for the name of the song I remember posting in here..

just thought I’d tell tell my personal story and friendship with Riley.. first things first..

Riley was a legit aas dude, through and through. Genuine fukking dude, humble as hell and would become friends with you instantly. I had become friends with him through friends of a friends, Franz of Turnstile actually when Power Trip brought him on tour with them to sell merch. During the shower before they played and after we hung out in the bar kicking it drinking beers and he treated me and we talked like we known each other our whole lives..

when Riley passed away I was legit shaken up because him and I talked a bunch of times about our internal metal health struggles (bipolar) and connected about things he was dealing with on and off tour. It was never revealed how he actually passed and people assumed it was drugs but knowing him and I conversations I believe it was not that and it sucks.

Power Trip was one of the best modern bands and made me excited for hardcore music again. And I wish I made more effort to see them and hang out when they came around. Still sucks and I get bummed over it from time to time.
Beautifully written, breh.

Peace & Light to another one we lost too soon.