Which album u like more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
The title song purple rain in itself has more soul and blues than any of both albums and a perfect guitar solo played by the artist. It's not even fair

Prince - Pac
MJ - biggie
Quincy Jones - puffy
Big chick - suge knight

Not saying that mj and thriller aren't an absolute masterpiece in itself.

Last edited:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Purple Rain and it's not close.
qF9H5vg.gif

WT3bsi6.gif

dkCkVOZ.gif

:mjcry:
"BABY BABY BABY LISTEN TO ME:damn: "

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Thriller was better as a kid cause it's literally an album for kids and Disney believing cacs...

But as an adult...

I ain't listening to shyt like Thriller, Beat It, PYT, Girl is Mine...that shyt is corny...

I only play Human Nature, Wanna Be Starting Something and Billie Jean off Thriller...

As a kid I didn't understand Prince...but the older I got...I could understand a song I Will Die For You...or Nikki...or When Doves Cry...or Purple Rain

And then when I listen to other genres...I could appreciate Prince's breadth of musical knowledge...

Prince made real Rock music...Michael made a half assed rock song...Prince made actual Dance music, Prince made actual Funk, Prince made actual RnB

Lol like Prince is the best artist in the 80s if you wanna talk about albums and not music videos and dance moves...

Although Off The Wall is one of the best Pop albums ever and captures 70s music like no other...

He sold out with Thriller...
You forgot

Baby be Mine and Lady in My Life
:ufdup:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Album really goes hard. It doesn’t get as much respect as it’s predecessors but it’s fire too. Remember The Time is Timeless.. :wub:

Agreed. Not saying it's his best album but Dangerous was my first MJ album as a kid, remember my aunt used to always play it whenever I came over. It's the MJ album I listen to the most

Still think Can't Let Her Get Away is one of his most slept on tracks

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As for this thread, it's tough but I'll give the slight edge to Purple Rain. I never skip any songs on there while on Thriller the one joint I skip is The Girl Is Mine.

Ya'll need to peep the Purple Rain expanded edition. It's got the hallway speech version of Computer Blue on there. Absolute masterpiece

Jermio

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thriller. Prince's songs and albums just aren't as memorable as MJ's. For all of his musical knowledge and ability to play instruments, Prince just didn't have as unfailing a sense for melody and production as MJ. He got off more on being weird than commanding your ear.