Put a nikka on stocks

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
put 20 grand in an index fund a month ago, it's worth 20,500 now. i dont know shyt about stocks

i think im gonna wait for this fukkin recession before i put major money into this shyt. it's gotta crash in the next 2 years from everything they're saying

If it does crash index funds will get hit hard first because they're just a mixture of the whole market,but the same if it goes up.

Daps
watch EatSleepProfit's videos on youtube. he's really good at explaining stocks to a beginner.

important things i've learned:

1. get a scanner. i use Thinkorswim on tdameritrade. it gives live updates on which stocks have the highest volume/biggest price increases each day. it takes some skill, but you can jump in on the momentum. you can also find gems while they're cheap w/ a scanner.

2. learn about what makes a stock move: high volume, low float (number of shares), upcoming catalysts (FDA approval for drug companies, buyouts), any kind of positive news w/ numbers involved. (i've seen stocks tank on positive news cause it was 'fluff')

3. you don't have to be an expert w/ charts, but you should know about support & resistance levels. Claytrader on youtube is good at explaining it. its pretty basic & you can pinpoint where the stock is headed.

4. picking stocks is pretty easy. but the skill is in getting a good entry & taking profits. if you bought too high, you can buy more shares whenever the stock dips to lower your average.

almost everything i said earlier in this thread is wrong, sorry about that.

its a rough game. i've lost money in every way possible....

NLST- they were in the middle of a lawsuit w/ Hynix & Google. got pumped from .20 to a dollar, everyone was screaming to hold out for 5-10 dollars (beware of pumpers) and people like me kept buying as it went up. but that was also greed on my part. better to take profits when you can.

MNGA- a very popular penny stock. people were bragging about having a million shares. the CEO went on livestream, announced the company was changing its name, with a dumb logo, and a huge reverse split which made the stock useless.

NBEV- had a huge day. everyone was saying to hold out for a multiday run. the next morning, it went up just like they said. out of nowhere, i saw my first short attack. people were panic selling like crazy. the stock was literally going down a dollar every minute & got halted for suspicious behavior...the smart thing would've been to sell half after the first day & let the other half run, or just take profits after the first day. taking profits is so hard when you're a beginner.

i've also taken out cash advances on credit cards to buy more stocks. never do that.

last week BPTH went from 4 dollars to 70 in a couple days. there were a Bunch of stocks hyped as the next BPTH this week, and i went all in on one of them. once again didn't take profits (4 to 6 wasn't good enough for me) so i'm holding onto it & buying the dips.

edit: ^ this is mostly for trading purposes. if you have a large cash flow, you can invest long term with stocks you think are safe like AMD or whatever. but if you're on a budget you have to do a bit of trading.

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
watch EatSleepProfit's videos on youtube. he's really good at explaining stocks to a beginner.

important things i've learned:

1. get a scanner. i use Thinkorswim on tdameritrade. it gives live updates on which stocks have the highest volume/biggest price increases each day. it takes some skill, but you can jump in on the momentum. you can also find gems while they're cheap w/ a scanner.

2. learn about what makes a stock move: high volume, low float (number of shares), upcoming catalysts (FDA approval for drug companies, buyouts), any kind of positive news w/ numbers involved. (i've seen stocks tank on positive news cause it was 'fluff')

3. you don't have to be an expert w/ charts, but you should know about support & resistance levels. Claytrader on youtube is good at explaining it. its pretty basic & you can pinpoint where the stock is headed.

4. picking stocks is pretty easy. but the skill is in getting a good entry & taking profits. if you bought too high, you can buy more shares whenever the stock dips to lower your average.

almost everything i said earlier in this thread is wrong, sorry about that.

its a rough game. i've lost money in every way possible....

NLST- they were in the middle of a lawsuit w/ Hynix & Google. got pumped from .20 to a dollar, everyone was screaming to hold out for 5-10 dollars (beware of pumpers) and people like me kept buying as it went up. but that was also greed on my part. better to take profits when you can.

MNGA- a very popular penny stock. people were bragging about having a million shares. the CEO went on livestream, announced the company was changing its name, with a dumb logo, and a huge reverse split which made the stock useless.

NBEV- had a huge day. everyone was saying to hold out for a multiday run. the next morning, it went up just like they said. out of nowhere, i saw my first short attack. people were panic selling like crazy. the stock was literally going down a dollar every minute & got halted for suspicious behavior...the smart thing would've been to sell half after the first day & let the other half run, or just take profits after the first day. taking profits is so hard when you're a beginner.

i've also taken out cash advances on credit cards to buy more stocks. never do that.

last week BPTH went from 4 dollars to 70 in a couple days. there were a Bunch of stocks hyped as the next BPTH this week, and i went all in on one of them. once again didn't take profits (4 to 6 wasn't good enough for me) so i'm holding onto it & buying the dips.

edit: ^ this is mostly for trading purposes. if you have a large cash flow, you can invest long term with stocks you think are safe like AMD or whatever. but if you're on a budget you have to do a bit of trading.

i'm really hoping this T-Mobile/Sprint merger goes through.. i got 150 Sprint shares i'm holding onto but its hard..

i got it @6.48 each... its down now.. but my main focus is whats T-mobile gonna be. anything over 78 and i got a 25% profit once they merge...
T-mobile giving 1 share for ever 9.35 of sprint.. if the DOJ screams antitrust. i'm dumping

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Overkill for me.
This whole shyt is...damn man.
So much information. Ive even made my own thread and still dont know where to start. Tried downloading simulators, games, etc...none of it gives me a "ok this is THIS...that...is why you want to do this..." Its a lot of foreign lingo mixed with massive amounts of information that leads to more shyt and even more shyt than that.

Like damn bro.

I know I want to invest in Aurora...and maybe Canopy.

get you Aurora now .... its down to $9.00 / share

I bought 20 last week at 10.5 each..

damn 2 hours into the market and I'm down $400

edit: Aurura under 9 ... damn . I might pick up 20 more shares .. I'm -600 ... hopefully i'll make it all back next week...

another rule of stocks... don't panic...

Last edited:

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
get you Aurora now .... its down to $9.00 / share

I bought 20 last week at 10.5 each..

damn 2 hours into the market and I'm down $400

edit: Aurura under 9 ... damn . I might pick up 20 more shares .. I'm -600 ... hopefully i'll make it all back next week...

another rule of stocks... don't panic...
I had already bought 2 before getting on here. Then my moms said to get ROBO...got one of them...

Then I got two free good lil shares from big Robin

I wish my bro would have told me about the damn referral system b4 i signed up. His dumb ass didnt get a free share.