Putin Is Filling the Middle East Power Vacuum; THIS IS WHY GEOPOLITICS IS IMPORTANT

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Strange, I remember some Coli brehs telling us a couple years ago Russia was irrelevant :francis:
If Putin wants to use his Military to prop up regimes in unstable countries and want to stay there in perpetuity, let him

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
ME, Africa and the rest of South East Asia rather fukk with the Russia/China axis. OBOR is coming along smoothly. The Anglo-Cacxon empire is done. At Putin treating the Khazar like a lil nikka tho :wow:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
ME, Africa and the rest of South East Asia rather fukk with the Russia/China axis. OBOR is coming along smoothly. The Anglo-Cacxon empire is done. At Putin treating the Khazar like a lil nikka tho :wow:

Turkey and Iran becoming closer from sanctions busting to Astana

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
Russia will eventually regret involving themselves in the middle east especially Syria, already a lot of Russian soldiers including generals were killed there.

it seems Russia didn't learn any lessons from our intervention in Iraq just like we didn't learn anything from their intervention in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Russia will eventually regret involving themselves in the middle east especially Syria, already a lot of Russian soldiers including generals were killed there.

it seems Russia didn't learn any lessons from out intervention in Iraq just like we didn't learn anything from their intervention in Afghanistan.

The Russians haven't lost many men in Syria. I believe its about 40 in 2 years. Though they did just lose a couple of generals last week in Deir Ezzor in an ISIS attack.

Syria isn't Afghanistan for them. The Soviet Red Army had 100,000+ men there from 1979-1989. In Syria, there's probably 1,500 men based in Latakia, Tartous, and Damascus with men embedded with Syrian army units on the front lines. Private Russian Military companies also litter the fields in Hama and Deir Ezzor. The Syria war changed because of Russian airpower and increased intelligence on the ground. The Russians really aren't spending a lot of money, the Syrian intervention is a small part of their defense budget.

The Russians have had their naval bases in Syria for 50 years. It's a completely different situation to Afghanistan.

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
The Russians haven't lost many men in Syria. I believe its about 40 in 2 years. Though they did just lose a couple of generals last week in Deir Ezzor in an ISIS attack.

Syria isn't Afghanistan for them. The Soviet Red Army had 100,000+ men there from 1979-1989. In Syria, there's probably 1,500 men based in Latakia, Tartous, and Damascus with men embedded with Syrian army units on the front lines. Private Russian Military companies also litter the fields in Hama and Deir Ezzor. The Syria war changed because of Russian airpower and increased intelligence on the ground. The Russians really aren't spending a lot of money, the Syrian intervention is a small part of their defense budget.

The Russians have had their naval bases in Syria for 50 years. It's a completely different situation to Afghanistan.

So what do you think about the situation in syria? You still support Assad.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
So what do you think about the situation is syria? You still support Assad.

I'm no Assadist Baa'thist. All I've posted were the facts on the ground dictate he's won the war because of Iran and Russia's intervention in 2013 and 2015. His army's morale got a boost from those and they've re-taken much of the country back from the rebels and now ISIS. I was initially pro-opposition but when a lot of rebel groups got compromised and they themselves had elements of extremists, I said there's no 'good guy' in this conflict.

The Syrian war is closer to the end than it is to the beginning but the questions now will be what will Damascus' relationship be with the Kurdish region in the north. What will become of Idlib province where Al-Qaeda has crushed many rebel groups into submission. And what type of pressure will Russia put on Damascus to reform itself to a political solution.

The Syrian tragedy sucks. It's very sad and it was all for nothing. Things didn't have to go to armed conflict especially a country that had little history of civil strife.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
If America didn't spent so much time fukking the Middle East up then there wouldn't be a power vacuum for putin to fill.

You reap what you sow and the west's actions in the Middle East are coming back to bite them. :yeshrug: