Question: Publishing

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do any of you have your production published (I know you do, just a general question)? What is the best way to go about doing so? Is TuneCore or other similar services the best option for novices in this area?

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Do any of you have your production published (I know you do, just a general question)? What is the best way to go about doing so? Is TuneCore or other similar services the best option for novices in this area?
Tunecore is great for a lot of reasons, they collect the money, for you and pay you if need be. If you go with Distrokid, you keep 100% of your publishing. Distrokid doesn't have a publishing company so you they don't charge admin fees. CD Baby also has a publishing company, which will help you collect. CD Baby doesn't take ownership in your songs but they take a 15% admin fee from what they collect on your behalf.

I know tunecore takes a 15% admin fee, and a 20% sync fee if you opt in for synch. The benefit of going with Tunecore/CD baby is that they actively try to get the music that they have on other work if the songs fit. I would look into Tunecore and CD Baby first, if you don't mind paying the administration fee's which are fair especially if they get you on projects you wouldn't be on otherwise.

Last edited: