Question: When Did The N-Word Stop Being A Word That Black People Use "privately amongst themselves"?

RickyDiBiase

The Health Inspector
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Blaxploitation era?

Martin Luther King used it

Personally I don’t see the issue

Breh,

Southern Whites, with "Southern Drawl", regular called Black Folks "Nikka" with the "A", HUNDREDS of Years before Modern Hip Hop.

The Word is DESIGNED To DISPARAGE US, regardless if some of us have chosen to "Embrace" it (Term of "Endearment").

The fact that when some of us get Mad, that word is one of the FIRST Words used, betrays the wickedness of it.

It's a VILE WICKED WORD, that is Bathed in the Blood of Black Folks!

Hike ya skirt down.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I’ve made a conscious effort to stop using it and I’m succeeding :ehh:

Only pop out every now and then and mostly on thecoli, but even that has largely been replaced with “coli breh”
Yeah same. I pretty much never use the word and that's been the case for a while now.

COLI MANDINGO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
2 extremely public tweets sent out to the world recently by popular black celebrities:

IeN3BkJ.png

XWauNcS.png

Its frequently said that the Nword is a word that black people use AMONGST THEMSELVES but that's clearly no longer the case..... especially since it was added heavily to the music we make that's packaged and sold to the world to consume.

From my understanding of the word, no black person should ever go on a public platform like Twitter and type that word, let alone go in a recording booth, make songs with the word and then commence to SELL THOSE SONGS TO THE WORLD.

Idk, I stay confused about that word and the rules surrounding it.

When did it stop being a word that we use privately amongst ourselves and become a word that we share with the world?
Rap music mostly… there were a few pimp movies and soundtracks that had tho but rap music made it mainstream

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
I don’t think it matters

Your a grown man who likes cartoons if anybody who needs therapy its you

I Don't "Like Cartoons", LMAO.

I haven't watched a cartoon in over 25 Years.

Your Assumptions, are WRONG
:pachaha:

YOU on the other hand, are on here CRYING every other week about "Therapy" and Family/Father issues.

And Yelling at the DAMN THERAPIST, SMH.

:deadrose:

YOU are the one who CLEARLY needs Therapy!

And your Therapist will need Therapy for dealing with you, LMAO!!!!!

Last edited: