(R.I.P) Lakers Owner Jerry Buss Dead At Age 80

killacal

Banned
Daps
From his wiki: :wow:

Buss worked his way through the University of Wyoming, graduating with a B.S. degree in two and a half years in 1955. He moved to Los Angeles and attended the University of Southern California (USC), where he earned a M.S. and Ph.D. in physical chemistry by age 24.[2] Buss started as a chemist for the Bureau of Mines (now the Mine Safety and Health Administration); he then briefly worked in the aerospace industry and was on the faculty of USC's chemistry department. He originally went into real estate investing in order to provide an income so he could continue teaching. His first investment in the 1960s was $1,000 in a West Los Angeles apartment building. Finding great success in the real estate business, he pursued real estate investing full time. In 1979 Jerry purchased Pickfair Mansion in Beverly Hills from the estate of Mary Pickford.[2] He was also the co-owner of a real estate investment company called Mariani-Buss Associates with his long-time business partner Frank Mariani.

:damn: That man was fukkin grinding

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
But Buss has been hospitalized for much of the past year, his health worsening, and the Register recently explored the potentially difficult future for the franchise upon Buss' death with son Jim and daughter Jeanie not speaking to each other and possibilities abounding regarding various ownership groups, even within the Buss family, getting involved.

The Buss family released a statement after that piece was published, saying: "We unanimously agree that we have no intention of ever selling the Lakers, and intend to keep ownership of the team in our family for generations to come."

Jeanie and Jim bout to have a fight to the death over control of the team.

kbtwofour

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The rumor is true and he's had cancer for a while. The media did not report the news out of respect for Dr. Buss and the family's request to not report it.

I think the surgery he had in 2012 was because of his cancer.

This season has been a complete disaster. We lost Chicky Baby and now we are about to lose Dr. Buss. :sadbron:

Sad he won't get to see the Lakers raise another championship banner and win more championships than the Celtics.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
tumblr_m4skysZ4aJ1qi5z3io1_500.gif

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
From his wiki: :wow:

Buss worked his way through the University of Wyoming, graduating with a B.S. degree in two and a half years in 1955. He moved to Los Angeles and attended the University of Southern California (USC), where he earned a M.S. and Ph.D. in physical chemistry by age 24.[2] Buss started as a chemist for the Bureau of Mines (now the Mine Safety and Health Administration); he then briefly worked in the aerospace industry and was on the faculty of USC's chemistry department. He originally went into real estate investing in order to provide an income so he could continue teaching. His first investment in the 1960s was $1,000 in a West Los Angeles apartment building. Finding great success in the real estate business, he pursued real estate investing full time. In 1979 Jerry purchased Pickfair Mansion in Beverly Hills from the estate of Mary Pickford.[2] He was also the co-owner of a real estate investment company called Mariani-Buss Associates with his long-time business partner Frank Mariani.

:damn: That man was fukkin grinding

:ohhh: No wonder his old ass was living that yolo life and living up so hard gambling, busting down top notch groupies and shyt; i remember when he caught that DUI with that 23 year old bytch in the whip :salute: Someone needs up that pic With Dr.buss and Kwame big chillin wit some bytches. Anyway i hope DR. Buss pulls through