Racism in Australia against the Aboriginals (documentary by John Pilger)

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
He doesn't represent all the white Australians :beli: neither is it his fault his ancestors fukked shyt up
you gonna hate on all Germans cuz of the Nazis and Hitler's short ass too?

His earlier commentary on how Australia is "different now" in the NYPD shooting thread is refuted by this documentary. He doesn't represent all of White Australia, but he does represent views which say "We're all Australians"..."Australia is not prejudiced anymore"...etc. etc.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
His earlier commentary on how Australia is "different now" in the NYPD shooting thread is refuted by this documentary. He doesn't represent all of White Australia, but he does represent views which say "We're all Australians"..."Australia is not prejudiced anymore"...etc. etc.
Australia IS different. Most white people there aren't racist anymore, because we live in the 21st fukking century where the entire world is connected. It is simply foolish to apply umbrella concepts and perceptions to an entire country because of one documentary, which might or might not be accurate.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Australia IS different. Most white people there aren't racist anymore, because we live in the 21st fukking century where the entire world is connected. It is simply foolish to apply umbrella concepts and perceptions to an entire country because of one documentary, which might or might not be accurate.

It's arguable to say that most white Americans aren't racist anymore. However, they do live in a racist society or a society which was constructed on white supremacy (like Australia! Your first PM's White Australia policy for instance) and the destruction of its Aboriginal people. The low living standards which structurally disadvantage the indigenous people from Australia indicate that Australia is racist. Even if they don't have overtly racist policies like they did in the 20th century.

For example, take the U.S. Why do so many black people live in ghettos in Northern cities after housing discrimination was prohibited? Because the structures that be keep oppressing black people. Australia is similar in that regard. The longer you refuse to accept the plight of your fellow Australians is because of racism - the longer they will suffer.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
To be fair OP, you do have a point. I cannot speak on ALL of Australia, because I live in the Melbourne suburbs. I have no doubt there are a bunch of backwards rednecks and racist trash out in the countryside :scust: But I do live in what is annually rated as one of the very best cities in the world. And I can speak on that.

And Australia (at least the major population centers) isn't different now? Really? You honestly believe that?

I asked this in the other thread, but can you name me the most multicultural and diverse cities in the world? Because I'm positive that Melbourne and Sydney would be right near the top in whatever criteria you use.

You should take a holiday here some time, you would be surprised.

Last edited:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
He doesn't represent all the white Australians :beli: neither is it his fault his ancestors fukked shyt up
you gonna hate on all Germans cuz of the Nazis and Hitler's short ass too?
:mjcry: :salute: Not only that but I'm not even related to any of the convicts... My ancestry is from immigrants in the 20th century

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
It's arguable to say that most white Americans aren't racist anymore. However, they do live in a racist society or a society which was constructed on white supremacy (like Australia! Your first PM's White Australia policy for instance) and the destruction of its Aboriginal people. The low living standards which structurally disadvantage the indigenous people from Australia indicate that Australia is racist. Even if they don't have overtly racist policies like they did in the 20th century.

For example, take the U.S. Why do so many black people live in ghettos in Northern cities after housing discrimination was prohibited? Because the structures that be keep oppressing black people. Australia is similar in that regard. The longer you refuse to accept the plight of your fellow Australians is because of racism - the longer they will suffer.

Well.. it's up to them to break free of the ropes that hold em back. Sitting there and complaining really accomplishes nothing. I know I know.. the setbacks and obstacles.. but you gotta conquer those too.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Aren't they called Aboriginals ? That's what I learned in my english classes in high school :unsure:

Daps
Reppin
Le Continent Noir
I remember when I was a kid and watching the summer Olympics when it was held there on how the the olympic torch bearer was a non-white (I think Aboriginal) long distance runner. All this symbolic BS to mask away the intolerance/racism of the society seems to be the mantra of white-dominated society especially when it comes to those who came to power by slaughtering the native population. It's like sorry killing millions of your people but here you can hold the torch so the world knows that we aren't bad and have become tolerant LOL