racism in boxing?

Off the Onion

No tolerance for the fatherless
Daps
I did a quick Google search and I noticed I couldn't find any articles or 4 videos that talked about the history of racism in boxing.
does anybody know of any good articles or videos and talk about boxing's racist history?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
More or less history of racism in the sport.

there is not really a fully comprehensive article i know of..there are notable incidents of racism in boxing that have their own numerous write ups or videos about it

murderers row is one

jack johnson and finding the great white hope
boxers with racially insensitive nicknames (brown bomber, boston tar baby, etc)
hell google black professional fighters from 1890-1960..im sure you will get some shyt

Off the Onion

Daps
there is not really a fully comprehensive article i know of..there are notable incidents of racism in boxing that have their own numerous write ups or videos about it

murderers row is one

jack johnson and finding the great white hope
boxers with racially insensitive nicknames (brown bomber, boston tar baby, etc)
hell google black professional fighters from 1890-1960..im sure you will get some shyt

The Black Murderers Row stuff is excellent history. I'm almost ready to buy the book but I really didn't see a lot specifically about the issue of racism. It seems more of a case of Big Time Fighters dodging not so big Fighters.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Thanks man. I've been checking out some of these videos online and I'm seeing how they really not giving a lot of black Fighters a fair shot these days because they're saying people don't like that fighting style which seems like a lot of nonsense.

definitly a bunch of nonsense...

matter of fact the sport of boxing has built a succesful business model based on the ever telling story of the search for the "GREAT WHITE HOPE"

it fuels ticket sales..tv viewships and even spawn films such as the infamous ROCKY series........

not to mention the media or OLD MEDIA as the boxing clinic loves to refer to them as...

which is basically comprised of a network of condescending psuedo boxing analysts who observe the sport with a RACIST SLANT

a good example would be RING magazine which happens to be owned by GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS..a serious conflict of intrest

but anything goes in a world where boxing media outlets..magazines...blogs and podcasts

are bribed...ahem i mean sponsored by Promoters :sas2:

Off the Onion

Daps
definitly a bunch of nonsense...

matter of fact the sport of boxing has built a succesful business model based on the ever telling story of the search for the "GREAT WHITE HOPE"

it fuels ticket sales..tv viewships and even spawn films such as the infamous ROCKY series........

not to mention the media or OLD MEDIA as the boxing clinic loves to refer to them as...

which is basically comprised of a network of condescending psuedo boxing analysts who observe the sport with a RACIST SLANT

a good example would be RING magazine which happens to be owned by GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS..a serious conflict of intrest

but anything goes in a world where boxing media outlets..magazines...blogs and podcasts

are bribed...ahem i mean sponsored by Promoters :sas2:

I mean I'm looking at this you even got Mexican singing the black Fighters are really that good it don't sell. I think that's ridiculous.