Racist fraternity email exposed at University of Maryland "Don't invite any ****** gals"

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nygga gals is a reference to django unchained i think. i think this was partially in jest, even though obviously in poor taste.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
@GiGi @MayQueen

these are the white pekcers y'all love so much
:russ:
You know how they roll..constantly on dat
5849LqP.png
tip.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
nygga gals is a reference to django unchained i think. i think this was partially in jest, even though obviously in poor taste.
Stop.

There is no "in jest" with these types.

I'm sick of some of y'all and your excuses for white racism.

You're just as bad as those white people that say "I'm not racist, but..." and follow it up with some extremely racist garbage as if the preceding statement somehow negates the racism of the following statement.

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
:what:
when shyt like this happens, i don't care about the white person involved - i feel for that black person who happens to be in that situation.
and then i think back to all those discussions i've had with #newblacks and how 'naive' they come across.('oh, racism is a thing of the past' or 'it'll die out with the old generation')
this shyt has been going on for too long,my breh
that is why i'm calling out other black people.
i cannot believe that there is still such a large contingent of the black community that cannot see this shyt!!
(and p.s.: i'm not one of those who thinks all white people are this or that!!)

fair enough

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Vice President for Student Affairs announces measures to 'move beyond' offensive fraternity email

In an email sent to the campus community Wednesday night, Linda Clement announces creation of advisory group, indicates student involved will not return to campus this semester

Jeremy Kim/For The Diamondback
VP for Student Affairs Linda Clement

Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:00 pm | Updated: 1:22 am, Thu Mar 26, 2015.
Vice President for Student Affairs announces measures to 'move beyond' offensive fraternity email

The former Kappa Sigma member who sent the now-viral offensive email in January 2014 will not be returning to the campus this semester “by mutual consent between the student involved, his family and the University,” according to an email Vice President for Student Affairs Linda Clement sent last night.

Clement, along with university President Wallace Loh, Chief Diversity Officer Kumea Shorter-Gooden and Assistant President and Chief of Staff Michele Eastman, met with student group leaders earlier in the day to discuss how to heal from the incident. The student’s email, which surfaced online two weeks ago, used racist and sexist language, including the phrase “f--- consent.”
“The focus of our discussion was how to move beyond the email, how our community, working together, can cultivate and maintain a healthy culture of respect, diversity, and equity,” Clement wrote.

Clement’s email includes a list of measures already in the works, including the creation of a multicultural student advisory group that would counsel Loh on diversity issues.

“Obviously the administration knows diversity and multiculturalism are issues on campus, but it’s hard for them to see what students really want,” said Student Government Association President Patrick Ronk, who attended yesterday’s meeting. “It’s great to have a direct line to President Loh to talk about the issues we’re facing on the student level.”

The Department of Fraternity & Sorority Life will begin mandatory training programs on sexual assault prevention, multicultural competency, hazing prevention and drug and alcohol education for its members beginning next year, the email states.
The DFSL has also applied for a grant to hire a graduate student to educate fraternities and sororities on diversity throughout the year, and is working to implement a social justice project for its chapters on “quality multicultural competence programs.”

“While we are a diverse campus, we’re kind of self-segregated a little bit,” Ronk said. “We’re hoping to open up avenues where [Interfraternity Council] and [Maryland Panhellenic Association] and [National Pan-Hellenic Council], [Multicultural Greek Council] can have events together and we can have actual multicultural events.”

This university’s chapter of Kappa Sigma has pledged $500 to the Office of Diversity & Inclusion to work on diversity programming within Greek life. Together with Kappa Sigma, the office will also work to determine mandatory diversity training.
Junior Kevin Fryc, the president of this university’s chapter of Kappa Sigma, said he hopes other chapters follow suit and each pledge between $500 and $1,000 to fund an annual retreat focused on diversity for 50 Greek life members.

“The issue of diversity in fraternities all over the nation has been ignored for a long time,” the accounting and finance major said. “If Greek life is going to continue, it can’t keep going in the direction it’s going and the first step is inclusion and acceptance of all races, sexes, religions and creeds.”

The SGA and office of Multicultural Involvement & Community Advocacy plan to co-host an open forum at 3 p.m. in Stamp Student Union's Colony Ballroom next Thursday. Loh, Clement and Shorter-Gooden will attend along with Matt Supple, the DFSL director, and Catherine Carroll, this university’s Title IX coordinator.

“We certainly won’t stop there,” said Paul Becker, this university’s IFC president. “We’re certainly looking for more concrete solutions for the general student body. We’re looking to make those steps forward in kind of tangible ways.”
newsumdbk@gmail.com | @thedbk

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Just seen this on my fb. Damn, my alma mater :mjcry: I hate it had to be us. Just got exposed last night, idk if it has or will go viral but it's kind of fresh.

The fraternity dude is in is called Kappa Sig. Dude has since went and tried to delete all his social medias.

This cac was just foul, racism and rape :scusthov:. The modern white fraternity brehs...

11044576_10153156110967463_5582234173597065795_o.jpg

School President just released a statement: http://www.president.umd.edu/statements/campus_message031215.cfm

:francis:

@mastermind
@FAH1223
@Boesky
@superunknown23
@THE MACHINE
"unless they're hot."

Heh.