CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
What didn’t you like about Cincy?

How was Nashville?

Cincy is racist asf, not as many opportunities for blacks(very small percentage of blacks are doing well in Cincy), there isn't much to do at all, and it's small, so you sort of know everybody, especially if your black.

I LOVED nashville. People were friendly, beautiful city, good food, even though there wasn't as much to do as bigger cities, there was a unique vibe to Nashville that I really fukked with. I will probably move back there eventually.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Cincy is racist asf, not as many opportunities for blacks(very small percentage of blacks are doing well in Cincy), there isn't much to do at all, and it's small, so you sort of know everybody, especially if your black.

I LOVED nashville. People were friendly, beautiful city, good food, even though there wasn't as much to do as bigger cities, there was a unique vibe to Nashville that I really fukked with. I will probably move back there eventually.

Did you like Nashville better than Charlotte? Its been years since I've been to Nashville but I didn't like it as much as Charlotte...

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I have a few questions about the Triangle area

1. Is competition for say life science and biotech jobs very high?

2. For those who do like nightlife, where are the bars? Preferably 30 and up crowd. Should have a bar, dance floor, maybe some pool tables. Just your regular hood spots.

3. Are there any suburbs that are underrated? Just looking for a walkable suburb and i know that's rare to find in the south. but I'm hoping. Something equivalent to say Arlington, VA or Silver spring md

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I'm here right now and we are either moving here or back to Fayetteville in May....

Raleigh is wonderful to raise a family, safe, somewhat diverse, and great for black people, so far as there is anywhere great for blacks in America (a bunch of places are worse). I prefer Charlotte, but my girl's family is all in Raleigh and Fayetteville and I can't get her to commit to Charlotte...

Dope city though, I fukk with it...

I would go Charlotte if it was solely my choice, but it isn't lol. Honestly it and Raleigh aren't that different, but Charlotte has multiples of everything Raleigh has and just feels like a bigger, more popping place....

Not gonna happen, and Duke just pulled its funding from it a few days ago...

•Raleigh is country, but it's more suburban than country. Just a giant suburban mess...
•can get boring. Downtown is improved but the infrastructure and neighborhoods are wack, and everything so far away. Has some decent cultural events, I def wouldn't say "nothing" to do there...
•is kinda slow...
•to be real honest with you, Raleigh is probably the most hustler oriented city in the Carolinas. I've known some hustlers from there, it's definitely comparable to NY on a small scale, where nikkas are bout them dollars. Obviously this dynamic exists to a degree everywhere, but I'd say Raleigh and Greenville jump to mind as hustling ass Carolina cities...
•Raleigh definitely has culture...
•ton of white people, and the white people in Raleigh are white white--->which I prefer if I'm gonna be around white people. The other part is Raleigh is VERY unique in that a mostly white city (52.4% white in the city, 61.2% white in the metro) is a comfortable place for blacks. Not many cities like that...
•definitely some bad ones in the R, but Charlotte's is better...
•there is real gangsters in Raleigh. Nobody has a culture like Cali, but it is generational in Raleigh and structural. The thing with Raleigh is, it isn't a city that is wild with a bunch of crazy bodies. It has a different vibe, the hoods in Raleigh aren't buzzing with killers. But the nikkas with the shyts around Raleigh are really with it, I know a nikka personally born and raised in Raleigh who got at least two bodies on him, beat one in court. He stands out in Raleigh cause it ain't that type city, but in a hood in say Atlanta or Richmond there's multiple nikkas like him in every hood...

You ain't lying, Carolina chicks love OTers. My chick from there, and I love these Carolina girls too lmao...
4½ year update...

Moved here 4/23/19. Its grown on me and as Raleigh grows it gains more notoriety yet is still somewhat underrated...

This city is easily one of the GOAT cities for black people nationally. Economically and socially, we have such strong culture here. I'm glad my daughters are growing up here because you don't see these images of black success to this degree in most places...

Raleigh will always be mostly suburban but it's definitely urbanizing pretty rapidly, from interstate projects, the ongoing Atlantic Ave redesign, the changes in housing stock. It's a suburban city with a light dash of urban flair, at the same time they are "city nikkas" in the sense they are cultured people...

It can still get boring here but they are upping the entertainment ante, for instance the Dreamville Festival didn't exist when I came here 4 years ago. Raleigh has a Carnival, all kinds of other festivals, downtown has expanded and continues to grow. There's some shyt going on most days of the week here...

One of the least racist places I've lived. This is America, there's racism everywhere and that includes Raleigh but man, its so much worse in so many other places. Race relations here are really, really good...

These people are about creativity, moving forward, pushing the envelope, about their money, more than anything. From all career paths to the streets, its cool to see. It's easy to avoid the hot areas here, and in general street dudes in Raleigh would rather chase paper than chase beef. People work together here, of course there are frictions and tensions, but the general theme is people collaborate and solve problems over tearing shyt up and tearing each other down. It's so dope to see...

The g's here are like g's anywhere but there's more of a collaborative, lets get money spirit here than the streets most places...

I fukk with it. Still hope I can leave someday but objectively speaking, yes, this is one of the greatest places for black people in the US. Top 10, 15, whatever, it's up there. And I've grown to love living here...
I really wish some folks would stop making that comparison . For one , it’s unfair to Charlotte . 2nd, it sets people up for a major disappointment if they’re thinking Charlotte is anywhere close ... just wish folks would enjoy our larger cities (Raleigh , Charlotte ) for what they are based on their own priorities and where they are in their lives .
Charlotte and Raleigh compare well to similar-sized cities nationally. One of the big disservices to both is that, they can't really compete or compare with other cities...

That isn't true at all but it's a narrative that still exists, to an extent, about both...

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
So when will the city go downhill after the cats out the bag and all the bad people start moving in to "start over" ?
I live here, been here for 15 years now. It really is a nice place to live. I mean, you trade off certain things, but that’s with any place you move to. The thing about here is, they ain’t gonna let people come down here with that fukk shyt. It’s actually a very conservative place. You would never see this place become like Atlanta or even Charlotte. I think besides Florida, this is the retirement Mecca.