Rand Paul reaches out to African-Americans

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
How did we encourage the pillaging of our community?
imo.

people like assata shakur were looked at by most blacks as radical.. people like Malcolm x were basically rejected.... but random preachers who'd let cac nut in their face for acceptance were filling up churches every night..... we were fearful and negotiated the entire movement out of a position of fear.

We basically rejected black nationalism for acceptance.... so we accepted being third class citizens of mainstream society as if that was better than building our own on the outside of mainstream. The so called radicals are what influenced mlk to switch from the bullshyt to a more anti imperialist stance... but in the end we accept the good boy version of him and have allowed his and everyone elses legacy to be washed...

we did it with a non violence movement that accepted legislation over real results... our conditions are still ... most poor.. many imprisoned.... actually more imprisoned than were enslaved... we gave up our businesses and unity and fused into mainstream America as their happy workers who would suffer in grace. You can't have effective resistance without economic threat... we only did this with bus boycotts.... mainly we avoided this.
We thought the friends of our enemies were friends.... the white people who joined w us .... some were gov agents... even afterwards we fell for the same shyt in the 70s when the bbp and other groups allowed work w cacs. The towns that formed in north Carolina, Florida, tulsa, etc..... only dealt with cacs for economic gain.
Nearing the 50s 60s we were told that thats racist... when in reality thats the only way to succeed if ur in the position we're in.

we thought that free at last meant for our children to play with white babies... and actually gave speeches about this:mjlol:

we complain about the conditions of our people.. about our mentality. Some even go as far as to say... well, its up to Us to change it.... but we dont realize that we've killed the mentality that would spark change and accepted the legislation that allows for the perception of change. Look at our youth today... majority are not in any way nationalist for their own people... they are just existing in white supremacy as pawns. And we dont really care.

I dont know where to start... take any one thing... like making employment discrimination illegal. Well, lets just say that worked sooo well (didn't work) that we accepted some more bullshyt called affirmative action. When really that mainly helped white women and allowed cacs to claim reversed racism. Smh. Or look at us begging and crying to eat at cac restaurants.... and all that embarrassing shyt. Segregation forced black people to have pride and support black owned businesses and form real communities instead of hoods. Maybe we dont know the difference between a few rich nikkas and wealth but our wealth dropped after we got our so called rights... our numbers in prison went up. When we were 1 percent of the population after slavery... we owned .5 percent of usa wealth.... now we are 14 percent and own... 1% if that. And thats after hundreds of years of slavery compared to us now being able to attend top universities... obviously there's a mentality gap.

Before integration black women married and stayed married higher than white women... less than 9 percent of child birth was out of wedlock..... im not gonna even speak on right after integration and now.. we're at 72 percent out of marriage births... predicated to hit over 80% soon, smh.
Quadrupling of black male unemployment after integration.. I mean I could go on all day

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
You can't call someone a predator if you welcome a solution that you suggest..

Like a female getting raped and saying ... stop and use some lube... then complaining about the "shifting" when the rapist takes the lube and turns it into anal... just my opinion... but maybe she should have worked to push him off.

This is ironic given all the right leaning "black" posters in this thread are throwing their panties on the stage at Rand Paul, who....last time I checked....was a white man --- from the south no less. So is he the only white man we cant consider a "predator"? Even more ironic given that Paul has also offered ideas that would be considered pro-segregation, or at least sympathetic to the concept.

There seems to be this anti-integration movement afoot in higher learning, and its indefensible and beyond embarrassing. As I said earlier, there is a welcomed discussion as it relates to the black condition post-desegregation; but the idea that we were "so much better off" before '64 is as unconscionable an idea as Ive heard from any black person in my lifetime.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This is ironic given all the right leaning "black" posters in this thread are throwing their panties on the stage at Rand Paul, who....last time I checked....was a white man --- from the south no less. So is he the only white man we cant consider a "predator"? Even more ironic given that Paul has also offered ideas that would be considered pro-segregation, or at least sympathetic to the concept.

There seems to be this anti-integration movement afoot in higher learning, and its indefensible and beyond embarrassing. As I said earlier, there is a welcomed discussion as it relates to the black condition post-desegregation; but the idea that we were "so much better off" before '64 is as unconscionable an idea as Ive heard from any black person in my lifetime.
The argument isnt simply that our conditions were better off before 64, the points are the areas I named and the mentality and community.

Regardless, I bet you haven't heard it in your life... I wouldn't doubt that. Thats part of the issue:mjpls:

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Blackking

I agree with parts of what you said, although I'd disagree that our position was negotiated out of fear. It took a combination of the threat of violence (Malcolm) and less confrontational (MLK) approaches to get a civil rights bill. The world doesn't function on absolutes.

The biggest miscommunication we're having here is over the matter of WHEN the disenfranchisement of Black people happened. The raping of our wealth and future prosperity happened directly following Reconstruction and by the time the Civil Rights movement began the conditions that we're still dealing with today were already in place. It wasn't integration, it was straight up pillaging and state sanctioned terrorist activity in the South and the less often discussed modern day slavery enforced by Northern police and local governments that sabotaged integration. By the time the war on drugs and Nixons get tough on crime campaign came to being the damage had already been done.

The form of Black nationalism that you're advocating would only truly be possible in a majority Black country. There's no other group of minorities here that are unintegrated and self reliant without the largess of the government. Everybody is on the government teet; Asian, White, Hispanic. The only difference between our fates and theirs is a legacy of systemic oppression. The culture of dependency built from welfare, affirmative action & whatever other conservative talking points wouldn't be so pronounced within our community if it wasn't for the legacy post reconstruction actions.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
@Blackking

I agree with parts of what you said, although I'd disagree that our position was negotiated out of fear. It took a combination of the threat of violence (Malcolm) and less confrontational (MLK) approaches to get a civil rights bill. The world doesn't function on absolutes.

The biggest miscommunication we're having here is over the matter of WHEN the disenfranchisement of Black people happened. The raping of our wealth and future prosperity happened directly following Reconstruction and by the time the Civil Rights movement began the conditions that we're still dealing with today were already in place. It wasn't integration, it was straight up pillaging and state sanctioned terrorist activity in the South and the less often discussed modern day slavery enforced by Northern police and local governments that sabotaged integration. By the time the war on drugs and Nixons get tough on crime campaign came to being the damage had already been done.

The form of Black nationalism that you're advocating would only truly be possible in a majority Black country. There's no other group of minorities here that are unintegrated and self reliant without the largess of the government. Everybody is on the government teet; Asian, White, Hispanic. The only difference between our fates and theirs is a legacy of systemic oppression. The culture of dependency built from welfare, affirmative action & whatever other conservative talking points wouldn't be so pronounced within our community if it wasn't for the legacy post reconstruction actions.
I sort of agree except that... we can be that type of black nationalism here. You can avoid complete integration without being completely isolated...

And these so called black wallstreet communities rebuilt after mass killings and burnings etc.... the only time we weren't able to rebuild was after integration, because that was the end of our money circulating amongst us. You can't destroy unity... people have to give that up.... which goes back to my other comment about rape. Tulsa was rebuilt in five years.... didn't become garbage until 1960... was beasting thru the 10s 20s 30s etc.. Regardless of cacs because of militancy and economic segregation.
Most of the other communities did the same.. and in places that weren't black meccas.. black just gave the shyt up or didn't have the support of their own community, we support other ethnicities businesses more within our own community.... so those restaurants, theaters, banks etc became malls and suburbs n shyt.

I dont think the confusion is when the disenfranchisment happened.. it happened from the 1600s til 2014... its ALWAYS happening because we aren't real citizens.... its how we react to it that changes.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I sort of agree except that... we can be that type of black nationalism here. You can avoid complete integration without being completely isolated...

You could, but why would you want to? Some of the areas that have the most entrenched generational poverty aren't integrated. The hood is segregated except for when outsiders come to exploit the poverty to buy drugs, sex, cheap houses, or slum it. Where as if you look at communities where Black folk are thriving it's a predominantly Black community with some non-gentrifying Whites, Asians, & Latinos mixed in. Places like PG County & Atlanta have done a good job of mixing without losing their identity. You are right that we have to look inward instead of outward for solutions. Living in ghettos and on reservations is a path to failure.

I dont think the confusion is when the disenfranchisment happened.. it happened from the 1600s til 2014... its ALWAYS happening because we aren't real citizens.... its how we react to it that changes.

:ehh:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
5 or so pages, and not one person has explained exactly how his civil rights comments were anti-black... or contradictory to his policies now that stand to benefit blacks.:sas2: