Albums Rapsody's - Please Don't Cry (Discussion Thread)

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Sounds like she’s coming out or saying she’s Bi on That One Time

Yup that song is definitely that, mentioning Gloria and Smile is a nod to Jay Z's mum at the start to.

Enjoyed this album on the first listen, production is great. Looking forward to giving this some more spins.

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
rapsody-says-lil-wayne-verse-made-her-rewrite-her-bars-27-times-for-new-album-1200x675.jpg

"DXCLUSIVE - Rapsody has said that she was inspired by many different artists, but Lil Wayne recently gave her the impetus to be at her best in the booth.
The legendary MC sat down with HipHopDX on Friday (May 17), where she revealed how the ex-Hot Boy got her creative juices flowing.

“I just wanna say what I say and make it fun,” she said at the 29:00 mark. “But then, he sent his verse, and I was like, ‘I gotta match the level of artistry.’ Like, it’s Wayne!”

She continued: “And I ain’t scared to say it, because he’s one of the GOATs. It is what it is. A lot of artists won’t say it. But I’ll say it: I probably wrote my verse like 27 times.”

Back in March, Rapsody announced that she’d be dropping a new project, and Lil Wayne would be featured alongside Erykah Badu and other major artists.

“May 17th, Please Don’t Cry. My fourth studio album,” she wrote on Instagram.

Rapsody then offered a hint at the album’s concept, describing the journey of self-discovery and self-acceptance that she has embarked on since her last full-length release.

“The last four years have been a beautiful, challenging, exciting, scary, journey back to self,” she said. “A becoming. A reintroduction. An unveiling. An unlearning. A knowing. An unplugging. A welcome home. A reality check.

“A love story with the reflection in the mirror. And I love her. She’s raw. Imperfect. Real. Goofy. Intelligent. Cool as a cucumber. Patient. Kind. Mad. Emotional. Funny. Quiet. Swear she gangsta. Thoughtful. Grateful. Forgetful. Overwhelmed.”

She added: “Once a month she got an attitude. She cares deeply. Sometimes too much. She’s a lot of things. She’s complex. But, I think that’s what makes her special. And I can’t wait for you to get to know her. Love [kiss emoji] The Homegirl.”

The album’s tracklist (which can be seen in full at the bottom of this page) reveals collaborations with Lil Wayne, Erykah Badu, Hit-Boy, Baby Tate and Alex Isley, among others, across 22 songs.

The album is Rapsody’s first album in five years."

Rapsody Says Lil Wayne’s Verse Made Her Re-Write Her Bars “27 Times” For New Album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA83ZaxIb3A&pp=ygUHcm Fwc29keQ==[/QUOTE]

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Really like this album off the first couple listens from a production and lyrical perspective but the emotional notes haven’t hit me (yet) and I’m not sure if it’s me or the fact that the emotion of this album feels overstated.

Her stating her bisexuality is gonna overshadow the fact that she admits to laying up with a married man for a while. Compound that with the fact that she’s leaving Jamla now and a speculative dot could be connected :patrice:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
She needs to be included in the top 10 authentic artist of this era......

Let's see....🤔

Kendrick
Cole
Joey Badass
Krit
Lupe Fiasco
Ab Soul
Rapsody
Mac Miller (R.I.P.)
Mick Jenkins
Oddisee
Crazy that oddisee been rapping and producing since he was 15. This was his first big placement in 2002. Sounded like a grown ass man lol

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Is this worth grabbing on vinyl? Could I get a full listen without wanting to skip?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
BLK ODYSSY absolutely laced her with some of these beats.

He's crazy underrated and I didn't even know he produced for other people besides himself, but him and Rapsody fit well