1988_0119_-01_HIP-HOP-NATION_OP-1366x1842.jpg

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Thanks
Never seen this before.

Can't tell how many of them were at the photoshoot, and how many were copied/pasted in the picture.

Those Adidas Olympics sweatshirts were HARD. Heard a few stories of dudes having to run them.
The bootleg Troop jackets that Flash and them were wearing

REST IN PEACE to Jam Master Jay, Cowboy, and Mister Magic

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
DJ Quik Details L.A.P.D.'s Initial Pursuit Of Him In The Notorious B.I.G. Murder Investigation

“They know who killed that man,” scoffed DJ Quik in response to those files before concluding his recent eye-popping interview with HipHopDX. “You know they picked me up for questioning about that shyt before?”

In 1998, at the conclusion of his third verse to “You’z A Ganxta,” Quik briefly referenced the Los Angeles Police Department’s initial suspicions of his involvement in the shooting.

“Just because I was there at that [VIBE] party [with Biggie before the shooting], they tapped my phones, found out my accountant’s number and went and posted up and waited for me at my accountant’s office to pick me up for questioning,” recalled Quik. “And it was only because I owned a ’95 [Chevy] Impala [SS] that was black cherry colored like the one that was used supposedly in the shooting – which was probably black, mine was burgundy, but at night they look identical in color.”

While the L.A.P.D. sought out Quik to question him about his ownership of the same make and model car seen by eyewitnesses speeding away from the scene of the shooting, they never interviewed their then fellow L.A.P.D. officer David Mack. Mack, who also owned an Impala fitting the description of the alleged shooter’s vehicle, is the man onetime lead detective on the case, Russell Poole, has long suspected of arranging the hit on The Notorious B.I.G.

“When they came to my accountant’s [office] to come get me, I ended up calling my lawyer and I told him what was going on,” continued Quik regarding his ordeal as murder suspect. “So he called the Parker Center and arranged for me to go up there and talk to ‘em, instead of them gafflin’ me up and making a scene. So I went down there and told ‘em everything I knew, everything I saw, the whole shyt. And after I did that the burden was off. ‘Cause it was rumors in the street that I did that shyt. How am I gonna kill Biggie Smalls when I like him? Who does that?!”

This is Quik the night of Biggie's shooting in the Vibe after party

I00007pr8w4pcRWk.jpg

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Thanks
Never seen this before.

Can't tell how many of them were at the photoshoot, and how many were copied/pasted in the picture.

Those Adidas Olympics sweatshirts were HARD. Heard a few stories of dudes having to run them.
The bootleg Troop jackets that Flash and them were wearing

REST IN PEACE to Jam Master Jay, Cowboy, and Mister Magic

I was so excited as a youngin' when I picked this up. The Village Voice was given out for free in street boxes throughout Manhattan.

From memory of the article, this was a photo shoot where everyone in it showed up (no Photoshop yet). No LL Cool J, no Whodini, no Public Enemy, no Beastie Boys.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
DJ Quik Details L.A.P.D.'s Initial Pursuit Of Him In The Notorious B.I.G. Murder Investigation

“They know who killed that man,” scoffed DJ Quik in response to those files before concluding his recent eye-popping interview with HipHopDX. “You know they picked me up for questioning about that shyt before?”

In 1998, at the conclusion of his third verse to “You’z A Ganxta,” Quik briefly referenced the Los Angeles Police Department’s initial suspicions of his involvement in the shooting.

“Just because I was there at that [VIBE] party [with Biggie before the shooting], they tapped my phones, found out my accountant’s number and went and posted up and waited for me at my accountant’s office to pick me up for questioning,” recalled Quik. “And it was only because I owned a ’95 [Chevy] Impala [SS] that was black cherry colored like the one that was used supposedly in the shooting – which was probably black, mine was burgundy, but at night they look identical in color.”

While the L.A.P.D. sought out Quik to question him about his ownership of the same make and model car seen by eyewitnesses speeding away from the scene of the shooting, they never interviewed their then fellow L.A.P.D. officer David Mack. Mack, who also owned an Impala fitting the description of the alleged shooter’s vehicle, is the man onetime lead detective on the case, Russell Poole, has long suspected of arranging the hit on The Notorious B.I.G.

“When they came to my accountant’s [office] to come get me, I ended up calling my lawyer and I told him what was going on,” continued Quik regarding his ordeal as murder suspect. “So he called the Parker Center and arranged for me to go up there and talk to ‘em, instead of them gafflin’ me up and making a scene. So I went down there and told ‘em everything I knew, everything I saw, the whole shyt. And after I did that the burden was off. ‘Cause it was rumors in the street that I did that shyt. How am I gonna kill Biggie Smalls when I like him? Who does that?!”
u do know dj quik hid at general jeff's house

Tell us what you remember from that night Biggie was murdered?
Earlier that night we were all at the Ambassador Hotel for Suga Free’s “If You Stay Ready” video shoot and decided to go to the Vibe party. We had to park on Fairfax because we arrived very late and the valet wouldn’t even park our car. It was taking really long to get in.

A moment later I saw people running frantically from the Wilshire and Fairfax area, including Quik, who told us there had been a shooting. We all left as quickly as possible.

]The next morning we heard reports that Biggie got shot and we woke Quik up to tell him the news. As soon as he heard, he came running down the stairs. We listened to reports and decided to go on alert because we didn’t know if it was open season on rappers.

Then we got a call from Quik’s manager warning us not to visit any places like his accountant’s office and other places because the LAPD was looking to take him in to custody. I later learned that it was because of his affiliation with Death Row Records and because radio stations were reporting that Quik was spotted running from the scene.

And so you guys decided to go in to hiding?
We went underground until his lawyers could work it out, but it was also for safety reasons. As I pulled off the freeway to get gas, a car followed us and pulled up to the side that Quik was on. Just as I was about to go on the defensive, I found out that they were just fans wanting autographs.

After a few days I started to get low on cash and to make matters worse, Quik’s mother kept calling and requesting to see him. Even though we weren’t supposed to, I took him to see his mom for a secret meeting and our cover almost got blown when other family members spotted him in his car. We left and remained in hiding until we got word that he was only wanted for questioning, so we all went in and gave our statements and ultimately got cleared of any suspicion. [/qupte

General Jeff Helped DJ Quik Hide Out After Biggie's Murder - LA Weekly

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Did you know Herbie "Luv Bug" Azor took that Salt & Pepa money and moved back to Haiti?
I knew he ghost wrote and produced most of their records up to a point. I think the ladies took the some of the creative and financial reigns since the Black's Magic album.

I'm certain they got jerked on the early albums, but I never heard about Hurby running off with their money.

Mega

Superstar
Daps
I knew he ghost wrote and produced most of their records up to a point. I think the ladies took the some of the creative and financial reigns since the Black's Magic album.

I'm certain they got jerked on the early albums, but I never heard about Hurby running off with their money.
I didn’t mean in the sense of him stealing money from them.
I meant he took whatever fortune he made from producing music and moved back to Haiti in the late 90’s/ Early 2000’s.