Ras Kass - Soul On Ice 2 (Discussion Thread • Please Read the OP)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Out in August.

New track out, release date July 26th

Ras Kass Sets Off "Soul On Ice 2" With "Guns N Roses" Single With Styles P & Lil Fame
June 19, 2019 | 12:00 PM
by Trent Clark
ras-kass-soi2-2019-e1560970153598-826x620.jpeg

Mello Music Group

LOS ANGELES, CA – It’s been 22 years, 8 months, 18 days since Ras Kass released his magnum opus, Soul On Ice (the album featuring “Nature of the Threat” for you next-gen YouTubers).

HipHopDX can now reveal that the West Coast vet’s long-awaited sequel, Soul On Ice 2 is completed and will be released sooner than later. And to preview the album’s diversity, the first single, “Guns N Roses” featuring appropriately aggressive verses from Styles P and Lil Fame, showcases the same type of East Coast grit that was prevalent during the time of the original album’s heyday.

“I wasn’t even sure I would ever even try to approach Soul On Ice 2 but after nearly 25 years, this is my Silver Anniversary,” Ras Kass tells HipHopDX. “I needed to take inventory and see how I had changed (if any) and how our society had improved (did it really?).”

“I’m thankful to everyone who helped me make a true sequel that really serves as my ‘New Beginning'”.

The upcoming project also sports contributions from the likes of Snoop Dogg, Pete Rock, Diamond D and more. Check down below for the HipHopDX-premiered cover art and tracklist of Soul Of Ice 2 ahead of its July 26, 2019 release date.

ras-kass-soul-on-ice-2.jpeg

1. Silver Anniversary (prod. Twiz the Beat Pro)
2.Grammy Speech (f. viola solo by Christen Lien) (prod. Diamond D
3 Midnight Sun (f. CeeLo Green) (prod. The Olympicks)
4 F.L.Y. (prod. DJ Green Lantern)
5 Street Superstar (prod. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
6 White Power (f. Immortal Technique)
7. Shark Week
8. Wxt Thv Shxts (prod. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
9. The Long Way (f. Everlast)
10 Guns N Roses (f. Styles P & Lil Fame)
11, LL Cool J (f. Snoop Dogg)
12. Trapped Music
13. Gingivitis w/ Jamo Gang (El Gant, J57, Ras Kass)
14. Can U Feel It (prod. Pete Rock)
15. Opioid Crisis