Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
This anime is basically impossible to review short of a dissertation because of how complete it is. It builds a living universe with over 50 uniquely designed characters who are all in some way instrumental to the development of a narrative that has a limitless scale. They are not caricatures of tropes. They feel like actual living people with human strengths and vulnerabilities that they struggle with often. Even the greatest tactician in the universe is miserable because he understands that in order for his nation to win, millions have to die and he can never build a family that isn't at constant risk of assasination. It takes you on a ground level into the inner workings of communities who are impacted by war, government regimes, tyrannical leaders, and political movements. It hits on every conceivable theme you can think of as it relates to human relationships and development both in moments of crisis and triumph. The viewer is left entirely independent to decide which of the rival factions are best, there is no influence by the narration to make the viewer think one way or another. We are only presented with flaws and negatives of the alliance/empire regimes as autocratic/democratic nations and then left to figure out which differs most from our own beliefs of how people should be governed best. There is no learning curve before watching this show. You don’t need to know anything about the different types of government or the military or anything in a textbook. The narration gives you all of the context in a concise manner and you learn about everything relevant just from listening to the characters interaction with one another.

On my top 10 favorites lists I pretty much have it ranked

1 - LOTGH

Then everything else. It is that damn good. And I’ll need to watch it again with particular focus on certain characters before I feel like I can go into as much detail as I can for other favorites.

The music is great as well

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
bump...just heard about this series...gonna start watching season 1 (110 eps :merchant:) later today hopefully

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
looking at that list, I need to give cowboy bebop a fair chance too...tried watching it a long time ago but didn’t give it a proper watch and bailed on it early...but I’ve only heard great things about it
Bebop is a slow burn. LotGH is also so if you like epic story and character building with keen analytical goodness this is for you.