Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
full

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
To go from the promised Neverland to violet Evergarden. Such a psychological twist.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
5/6 range

visually stunning, i loved some episodes, then some felt dragged and dull. Thinking of checking the movie out whenever I get back to watching anime some time in 2022

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Still need to see saw first 2 and stopped so its incomplete:russ:
But didnt see the hype behind from those 2 alone to be honest but I've seen anime where they do pick up alot tho

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
This is a strong sentimental piece about overcoming loss and finding purpose in a world that doesn't stop moving because you're grieving. Violet is a teenager who has spent most of her life on the frontlines of war. Desensitized to murder after killing 100s of people to ensure her own survival. Never felt a thing until her captain - the only positive figure in her entire life - was killed in combat in her arms. She tries to use her body to shield him from an explosion and loses two limbs because of it. Couldn't prevent him from passing.

Much of the story revolves around her coming to grips with the loss of a loved one, and figuring out how she can contribute to society outside of killing. She slowly finds that niche, starts to get good at that niche, and then dominates her profession. It's feels great to watch this happen as she reaches self actualization and realized the dream of her captain before he passed.

I can see people not liking VE for several valid easons. Very sad, not everyone wants to be moved when watching anime. It's very very slow. There is only one memorable character in the show - no one outside of Violet is magnified in a way that leaves a lasting impression upon the viewer. Violet by nature of her conflict doesn't have a personality that jumps out of the screen and engages with the viewer. You follow her journey for the conflict resolution, not really her design. None of this really bothered me, but I get why it does others.

This a Kyo-Ani produced show, so the visuals are some of the best in the genre and the OST is great. Any sentimental show needs on point music and VE does that well

Giving it a 9. One of the few anime I can say moved me near tears. Haven't seen the movie yet but I can imagine it's good too.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I saw the preview on netflix but wtf is it about???:patrice:
Main character is a war child who lost her arms in war and has to basically get assimilated into society while being a doll writer (they write letters for people).

It's one of the best 2018 anime in my opinion and beautifully animated.