• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Yesterday’s results:

Steins Gate: 8.42

For day 53 of our rate this anime series the coli gave the time alternative anime Steins Gate a head charging score of 8.42.

On to day 54

Rules:

1. The Coli will be rating over 75 anime’s.

2. You can rate the anime on a multitude of factors ( Quality, Storyline, amount of filler, animation, etc) BUT YOU MUST HAVE ONE OVERALL SCORE.

3. Users rate the anime on a scale of 1-10
(10 being :salute:king status, 1 being :pacspit:status)

4. The results of the poll will be displayed publicly.

5. Feel free to nominate any anime. The Coli has a 158 page Cosplay thread and multiple platinum anime thread topics so I know the demand is heavy here.

6. I can guarantee you this, despite the other rate..... threads, this one will be completed.

7. Time for votes will last for approximately 24 hours.

8. You can factor in non-Canon movies and arcs in your decision.

.9) Remember..........This is your decision.

10) The poll will be up for 24 hours only so make sure you get your votes in

For day 54 the coli rates the Junk dog boxer with Megalo box.

Megalo Box
First Appearance:April 6, 2018
Final Appearance:Still ongoing
Creators: TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd and Chikara Sakuma

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

megalo-box-gif-3.gif

tumblr_p6s6fqWBVH1uq6svio1_540.gif

tumblr_p7gbb2in671tndn6wo1_400.gifv

tumblr_p6zpd1CLvv1sg8uefo2_500.gifv

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-anime-leaderboard.735865/

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Its real dope. Nice animation. Great story with the underdog theme. Dope, endearing characters. Nice action scenes. Pacing was solid. Soundtrack was good too. Doesn't get overly detailed with the boxing techniques, but does have its moments which gives some authenticity but not on the Ippo level (which isnt a bad thing) The series has its own lane and does it well. Great teamwork effort as well reminiscent of Guerrn Lagaan. Show is lowkey inspiring

My only gripe was the ending. shyt was built up to be epic, but only ended up being okay. Like it could have been executed better. imo.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Megalo Box would be solid if it didn't act as a tribute to Ashyta no Joe. It falls way short of that and doesn't measure up with Ippo or any other great sports anime i've seen

There's not enough emphasis on technique to set the fighters apart from each other. Miyata, Sendo, Ryo, Volg are all memorable because of their unique styles that become easily recognizable by the viewer. In Megalo Box the variety is instead placed in the ability of their gear, which winds up being useless when an amateur beats everyone without even using one

Only one match is anticipated and it ends in a way that feels like a slap in the face with all that time spent hyping it up. the other fights are without enough build up to make the results feel like they matter. Ippo and AnJ have training arcs and character episodes outside the ring for the sake of making a single fight feel as intense as possible. In just 13 episodes Megalo Box doesn't have enough time to do this

Every major character is a watered down inferior version of an original in Ashyta no Joe. New-age Joe would be Yabuki Joe without the long redemption arc from a convict to a hero, without the trauma of killing another man in the ring, without having to torture his body to move down a weight class, without carrying the dreams of an entire slum on his back. You can't look at the new Joe, having seen AnJ, and not be somewhat disappointed. What Yuuri went through pre fight in the finale is a JOKE compared to Rikishi's battles with weight control. That whole scene is counting on the viewing having not seen AnJ to know how gruesome the original was.

the fight animation is mostly repetitive, in some cases stale. i caught a couple animation sequences that were directly taken from Ippo. you don't get the sense that the people behind this anime are deeply invested in the sport at any level (which may be the reason for gears being introduced, to change the sport into something else entirely) unlike the predecessors which go into detail and wind up teaching the viewer.

the ost and overall presentation are positives. I see why people like feel of this show, sympathize with some of the fighters who are struggling. The slums vs wealthy elite angle is played well. but it doesn't do enough to measure up to peers in sports anime and doesn't do justice what I think is the 2nd best anime of all time. maybe season 2 will change that, until then it gets a 5

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
It’s a new school anime that’s perfected the old school style. I gave it a ten because there’s no filler in the first season and it could’ve ended like that but I’ll check the 2nd season

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Megalo Box would be solid if it didn't act as a tribute to Ashyta no Joe. It falls way short of that and doesn't measure up with Ippo or any other great sports anime i've seen

There's not enough emphasis on technique to set the fighters apart from each other. Miyata, Sendo, Ryo, Volg are all memorable because of their unique styles that become easily recognizable by the viewer. In Megalo Box the variety is instead placed in the ability of their gear, which winds up being useless when an amateur beats everyone without even using one

Only one match is anticipated and it ends in a way that feels like a slap in the face with all that time spent hyping it up. the other fights are without enough build up to make the results feel like they matter. Ippo and AnJ have training arcs and character episodes outside the ring for the sake of making a single fight feel as intense as possible. In just 13 episodes Megalo Box doesn't have enough time to do this

Every major character is a watered down inferior version of an original in Ashyta no Joe. New-age Joe would be Yabuki Joe without the long redemption arc from a convict to a hero, without the trauma of killing another man in the ring, without having to torture his body to move down a weight class, without carrying the dreams of an entire slum on his back. You can't look at the new Joe, having seen AnJ, and not be somewhat disappointed. What Yuuri went through pre fight in the finale is a JOKE compared to Rikishi's battles with weight control. That whole scene is counting on the viewing having not seen AnJ to know how gruesome the original was.

the fight animation is mostly repetitive, in some cases stale. i caught a couple animation sequences that were directly taken from Ippo. you don't get the sense that the people behind this anime are deeply invested in the sport at any level (which may be the reason for gears being introduced, to change the sport into something else entirely) unlike the predecessors which go into detail and wind up teaching the viewer.

the ost and overall presentation are positives. I see why people like feel of this show, sympathize with some of the fighters who are struggling. The slums vs wealthy elite angle is played well. but it doesn't do enough to measure up to peers in sports anime and doesn't do justice what I think is the 2nd best anime of all time. maybe season 2 will change that, until then it gets a 5

I don’t know if I’ve said this or not but you are an excellent anime poster. While I can disagree on something’s you probably bring the best site amongst everybody.

Just want to salute that.