• 8)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Kiki is probably the lesser known of the big three ghabili films (Princess Mononoke, Totaro, Kiki). Interesting to see where this goes.

Last edited:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Talent doesn't amount to much if there isn't a demand for it and you aren't confident enough to utilize it. Kiki THINKS she's destined for greatness because of her power, but realizes that there are places in this world where flying on a broom with a talking cat doesn't serve any useful purpose beyond delivering mail. Has to humble herself and learn how to function in a practical environment where hard work usually takes priority over raw talent. She has to balance her social life with working, get over insecurities about her appearance relative to peers who are able to afford fashionable clothing bought by their parents, and not lose faith in herself during periods of adversity. She does grow into a stronger person in the end similar to almost every other Ghibli lead character.

Not my favorite Ghibili film, but still great with a message that many can identify with. And Kiki is one of my favorite Ghibli characters for sure. Giving it a 8-9.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Talent doesn't amount to much if there isn't a demand for it and you aren't confident enough to utilize it. Kiki THINKS she's destined for greatness because of her power, but realizes that there are places in this world where flying on a broom with a talking cat doesn't serve any useful purpose beyond delivering mail. Has to humble herself and learn how to function in a practical environment where hard work usually takes priority over raw talent. She has to balance her social life with working, get over insecurities about her appearance relative to peers who are able to afford fashionable clothing bought by their parents, and not lose faith in herself during periods of adversity. She does grow into a stronger person in the end similar to almost every other Ghibli lead character.

Not my favorite Ghibili film, but still great with a message that many can identify with. And Kiki is one of my favorite Ghibli characters for sure. Giving it a 8-9.

Damn, maybe I should check this out.

Sounds like me.

Been working on manufacturing my talent into a full scale production through consistency.