Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Rate This City: Leaderboard

Rules
:

1.Thecoli will be rating 100 cities to live and visit worldwide over a 3 month period. in order to vote you need to had either visited or lived in the selected city.

2. You can rate the city on several factors(such as the cost of living, the people, famous landmarks and entertainment) based on your experience.

3.you can rate each city anywhere on a scale of 1-10.

4. The results of the poll will be displayed publicly.

5. Feel free to nominate any city no matter how well known or big it is.

6. If your hometown gets rated low don’t take it personal, we all have preferences.

7.The polls will be open for 48 hours so vote as quickly as you can.

8. Rep and dap as many people as you like and don’t forget to 5 star this thread.

Paris France

Region: Île-de-France

Nicknames: City Of Lights, Paname

Mayor:
Anne Hidalgo (PS)

Population: 2,140,526

ccimage-shutterstock_167523137.jpg

paris-shutterstock-1400x500.jpg

Visiting-the-Arc-de-Triomphe-in-Paris-by-Paris-Perfect1.jpg

MW-rue-saint-dominique-272-edit-1.jpg

exp_big_657d19bc061525ca6afa07b21f58dd29.jpg

blog_2015_rise-paris-city-center-skyscrapers.jpg

ccimage-shutterstock_227545819.jpg

fd22d94b37e3ce6f4ee7162b00d7756f.gif

RTR3DIBZ-e1555385683962.jpg

paris1.jpg

ba2f370a8553e436e9a5b957b48276cb.jpg

Last edited:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I damn near visited this city when I studied abroad in London for a weekend but wanted to focus on my project instead as top priority.

I’m always curious about Paris. Tbh, I actually like the fact that Paris in actuality is different from how it’s portrayed stereotypically. People don’t be rocking horizontal polos with the berets riding on bikes with baguettes in the basket :heh:

From my research and watching videos and listening to first hand accounts, Paris is kinda like San Francisco in that it’s more gritty, dirty, and lowkey grimey than people would really expect. But unlike SF, Paris seems to be a very diverse city with not just your typical French Cacs but it’s also a city of immigrants and transplants with French from across the country and immigrants from places like Senegal, Morocco, Haiti, Turkey, Gambia, Togo, Cameroon, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Syria, Lebanon, China, Cambodia, Laos, Spain, Portugal, etc.

Paris got a significant Black presence and an underrated history with Black people from Josephine Baker to the Negritude movement to ADOS WWII Army personnel saying fukk living in the US and expatriating in France instead to the stolen artifacts of Ancient Kemet that are on display in the city’s streets or in The Louvre itself. Parisian Black culture is one of the dopest urban Black cultures out there....Their culture is arguably the best in Europe tbh. They got a swag and style about them that I can definitely say rivals our own (ADOS), got their own slang and variations of the Parisian/French accent, got their own music scene going on (French Hip Hop is fukking fire even with the language barrier and their House music is always on point), a lot of them seem to be genuinely curious about ADOS culture and even got a strong respect for our old school legends too, it feels like there’s a strong pro-Black sentiment amongst the Parisian brehs, and they gotta contend with racism, Cac xenophobia, police brutality, institutional marginalization, Islamophobia (a lot of the African brehs in Paris are from Muslim countries or households), and gentrification.

Paris is smaller than DC land-wise but would most likely feel more big city due to containing a larger population and even denser built environment within 40 square miles.

Looks like it got one of the best public transit systems in the world and even their subway got rubber tires. Heard their subway is a popular spot for nikkas to get easily pickpocketed or physically violated tho. Sounds like a regular day on Metro in the DMV tbh.

Haven’t heard too much about the city’s nightlife tho but obviously I’ve heard about its world-renowned restaurant and food scene and it constantly growing to adopt the influences from the cuisines of West Africa, North Africa, the Middle East, East Asia, SE Asia, Haiti, and the Mediterranean.

Paris seems like it’s dope but at the same time, I get the vibe that it can be one cold ass city too. Like if you get caught slippin or get into a fukked up situation over there, it could potentially cost your ass heavy.

The Black Parisians seem real cool but I’m willing to bet the Cacs are fit the stereotype of the rude and arrogant Frenchman closest as well as their notoriety for BO :hhh:

Paris also seems like a very expensive city to live in and keep up with the COL on a daily basis. It’s amazing that more than 2.2 million ppl within that small area of land still manage to find the means to live there.

I would give Paris a 10 but the rising trend of xenophobia and treatment of African immigrants is making me consider dropping it to a 9 or 8.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I damn near visited this city when I studied abroad in London for a weekend but wanted to focus on my project instead as top priority.

I’m always curious about Paris. Tbh, I actually like the fact that Paris in actuality is different from how it’s portrayed stereotypically. People don’t be rocking horizontal polos with the berets riding on bikes with baguettes in the basket :heh:

From my research and watching videos and listening to first hand accounts, Paris is kinda like San Francisco in that it’s more gritty, dirty, and lowkey grimey than people would really expect. But unlike SF, Paris seems to be a very diverse city with not just your typical French Cacs but it’s also a city of immigrants and transplants with French from across the country and immigrants from places like Senegal, Morocco, Haiti, Turkey, Gambia, Togo, Cameroon, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Syria, Lebanon, China, Cambodia, Laos, Spain, Portugal, etc.

Paris got a significant Black presence and an underrated history with Black people from Josephine Baker to the Negritude movement to ADOS Army to the stolen artifacts of Ancient Kemet that are on display in the city’s streets or in The Louvre itself. Parisian Black culture is one of the dopest urban Black cultures out there....Their culture is arguably the best in Europe tbh. They got a swag and style about them that I can definitely say rivals our own (ADOS), got their own slang and variations of the Parisian/French accent, got their own music scene going on (French Hip Hop is fukking fire even with the language barrier and their House music is always on point), a lot of them seem to be genuinely curious about ADOS culture and even got a strong respect for our old school legends too, it feels like there’s a strong pro-Black sentiment amongst the Parisian brehs, and they gotta contend with racism, Cac xenophobia, police brutality, institutional marginalization, Islamophobia (a lot of the African brehs in Paris are from Muslim countries or households), and gentrification.

Paris is smaller than DC land-wise but would most likely feel more big city due to containing a larger population and even denser built environment within 40 square miles.

Looks like it got one of the best public transit systems in the world and even their subway got rubber tires. Heard their subway is a popular spot for nikkas to get easily pickpocketed or physically violated tho. Sounds like a regular day on Metro in the DMV tbh.

Haven’t heard too much about the city’s nightlife tho but obviously I’ve heard about its world-renowned restaurant and food scene and it constantly growing to adopt the influences from the cuisines of West Africa, North Africa, the Middle East, East Asia, SE Asia, Haiti, and the Mediterranean.

Paris seems like it’s dope but at the same time, I get the vibe that it can be one cold ass city too. Like if you get caught slippin or get into a fukked up situation over there, it could potentially cost your ass heavy.

The Black Parisians seem real cool but I’m willing to bet the Cacs are fit the stereotype of the rude and arrogant Frenchman closest as well as their notoriety for BO :hhh:

Paris also seems like a very expensive city to live in and keep up with the COL on a daily basis. It’s amazing that more than 2.2 million ppl within that small area of land still manage to find the means to live there.

I would give Paris a 10 but the rising trend of xenophobia and treatment of African immigrants is making me consider dropping it to a 9 or 8.
you only take off 1 for racism? :mjpls:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What angle you finna make? :comeon:
I just expected it to be more is all.
not some, oh the parks are amazing for walking at night, i give them ten,:blessed:
:jbhmm:on second thought you might get raped and killed so i guess a 9 outta of ten is a fairer score. :manny: