11. Hong Kong: 7.2

12. Berlin: 7.00

13. Paris: 6.96

14. Johannesburg: 6.91

15. Toronto: 6.80

16. Cape Town: 5.83

17. Rome: 4.88

Rules:

1.Thecoli will be rating 100 cities to live and visit worldwide over a 3 month period. in order to vote you need to had either visited or lived in the selected city.

2. You can rate the city on several factors(such as the cost of living, the people, famous landmarks and entertainment) based on your experience.

3.you can rate each city anywhere on a scale of 1-10.

4. The results of the poll will be displayed publicly.

5. Feel free to nominate any city no matter how well known or big it is.

6. If your hometown gets rated low don’t take it personal, we all have preferences.

7.The polls will be open for 48 hours so vote as quickly as you can.

8. Rep and dap as many people as you like and don’t forget to 5 star this thread.

Mexico City Mexico

Nicknames: La Ciudad de los Palacios (The City Of Palaces)

Mayor: Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo

Population: 8,918,653

metropolitan-cathedral-zocalo-mexico-city_16x9.JPG

cdmxskyline.jpg

newmexico.jpeg

df_paseo_angel-5671c3653df78ccc15e469d7.jpg

246601-cropped-w1366-h450-of-1-FFFFFF-mexico-city.jpg

960x0.jpg

shutterstock_1136320004.jpg

mexico-city-21-H2.jpg

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Pros: must have some delicious ass tacos
Cons: crazy ass cartels

Not really a city I've thought of visiting. Looks nice, not sure if it's the nicest Mexican city. Don't know too much about it other than it's the capital and the bird holding the snake thing was how they discovered it or something like that. And that's how it's on the flag.

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
Had bad experiences in Cancun and Puerto Vallarta (waiters ripped us off and cops asked for tax) and Montezuma's Revenge (had to take shyts all day). Never goin back to Mexico.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Pros: must have some delicious ass tacos
Cons: crazy ass cartels

Not really a city I've thought of visiting. Looks nice, not sure if it's the nicest Mexican city. Don't know too much about it other than it's the capital and the bird holding the snake thing was how they discovered it or something like that. And that's how it's on the flag.

I don’t really know much about Mexico City’s crime but I do know that certain parts of Mexico don’t really have any or much Cartel activity.

I went to Cozumel for my high school graduation and it was pretty safe there although I did spent much of my time on the beach.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I don’t really know much about Mexico City’s crime but I do know that certain parts of Mexico don’t really have any or much Cartel activity.

I went to Cozumel for my high school graduation and it was pretty safe there although I did spent much of my time on the beach.
Yeah I think the beach cities are mostly safe. I think I been to Cozumel on a cruise. They got a few of them like Cancun and I forgot the other one. Think most of the cartel crime is in border towns like Juarez, Tijuana, and Laredo. Although they do control large areas more south of the border. Cuz I think the top 3 cities aren't really on the border so they should have some cartel presence there regardless.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Mexico city isn't a beach town and shouldn’t be bunched up with the town others are mentioning. Its like someone asking about NYC and people complaining about south padre texas.

Tons of cultural things to do and see from: the museum of antropología, sun and moon pyramids, frida Kahlo’s, chapultepec, bellas artes, tres cultures, to xochimilco.

if you are into religion there is a bunch or old ass churches and stuff. I didn’t enjoy those things.

Remember Mexico city is the 7th largest city metropolitan in the world, so there is something there for everyone with each neighborhood having its own vibes/crowds. If you are into Jazz it has a really good jazz bar near the zocalo.

For food you have many options from street food to very high end restaurants/cuisine.

I spent 5 days there a couple years back, im going back in November. Take that for what it is worth.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Mexico city isn't a beach town and shouldn’t be bunched up with the town others are mentioning. Its like someone asking about NYC and people complaining about south padre texas.

Tons of cultural things to do and see from: the museum of antropología, sun and moon pyramids, frida Kahlo’s, chapultepec, bellas artes, tres cultures, to xochimilco.

if you are into religion there is a bunch or old ass churches and stuff. I didn’t enjoy those things.

Remember Mexico city is the 7th largest city metropolitan in the world, so there is something there for everyone with each neighborhood having its own vibes/crowds. If you are into Jazz it has a really good jazz bar near the zocalo.

For food you have many options from street food to very high end restaurants/cuisine.

I spent 5 days there a couple years back, im going back in November. Take that for what it is worth.

How did the locals treat you?

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
How did the locals treat you?
I speak spanish and I’m a very good dancer, so I didn’t really have any problems, but Mexicans in Mexico usually when they go out they go out with their groups and then stick to them, so be mindful of that. However, I mingled with different groups and danced with lots of locals. The atmosphere might not be what you are used to but i think if you go to Roma/condesa area its full of more Americans and European and more random mixing at bars and stuff.

However one night i was wondering the city, I forgot where i was or why i went to that area of town. I wasn’t trying to find a bar or club but i heard music it was this little area, when i went to go in the guys at the front said it was a private party. The friend i was with thought it was because we were black, but he thinks everything is because we are black and I’m not sure about it one way or the other. Outside of that, i had fun and didn’t feel unsafe or profiled while i was there.

You’ll be the American wherever you go and that = $$ to a lot of them, literally the first thing i did when i got in the city was get some street tacos at midnight, and this chick was on me kept making suggestive comments to me while i was eating then came over to say enjoy my meal (in spanish) before she left. My light skin friend with me didn’t get as much attention the whole trip, he said the girls were digging me because I was darker.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
I speak spanish and I’m a very good dancer, so I didn’t really have any problems, but Mexicans in Mexico usually when they go out they go out with their groups and then stick to them, so be mindful of that. However, I mingled with different groups and danced with lots of locals. The atmosphere might not be what you are used to but i think if you go to Roma/condesa area its full of more Americans and European and more random mixing at bars and stuff.

However one night i was wondering the city, I forgot where i was or why i went to that area of town. I wasn’t trying to find a bar or club but i heard music it was this little area, when i went to go in the guys at the front said it was a private party. The friend i was with thought it was because we were black, but he thinks everything is because we are black and I’m not sure about it one way or the other. Outside of that, i had fun and didn’t feel unsafe or profiled while i was there.

You’ll be the American wherever you go and that = $$ to a lot of them, literally the first thing i did when i got in the city was get some street tacos at midnight, and this chick was on me kept making suggestive comments to me while i was eating then came over to say enjoy my meal (in spanish) before she left. My light skin friend with me didn’t get as much attention the whole trip, he said the girls were digging me because I was darker.

Doesn’t sound like a bad place. I’ll add that to my list of cities to visit. I appreciate your review. Here’s a rep.

Last edited:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Finally :obama:.I alwys wanted see Condesa and Polanco and visit Xochilmo. Try the tacos and bomb ass cerveza. Meet some of the ladies and party at Zona Rosa.. Chapultepec Park too. Hella underrated city 10/10.

Last edited: