Rate This City: Day 92 - El Paso Texas

Rate: El Paso

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
@twan83 recommend some shyt to do in yo city....
Cuz I’m about to just start driving around , I’m on Gateway and Yarbrough rn

bars? Good food? Hoes?

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
@twan83 recommend some shyt to do in yo city....
Cuz I’m about to just start driving around , I’m on Gateway and Yarbrough rn

bars? Good food? Hoes?

Ain’t shyt to do here breh like that :russ:
It’s a good city cuz it’s affordable has the basic shyt more or less
It’s expanding rapidly but I like it for the simple things since I’m a simple person
Hoes well I mean I know whiskeys is popular but it’s a country club but tends to have more females than guys
Where I stay at got a lot of females married or single can’t tell ya :dead: but I can say they want plenty of attention with the way they dress and stare u down like no other so obviously they probably want it low key
So cold approach would work like at Walmart and shyt

um if I was single I just use online dating, cold approach wherever I see I like as long as setting is suitable ie: mall , target or Walmart and random bars
I can’t tell u where to go since it’s bars everywhere matter preference I have to ask my brother since he go out and is single but it’s more or less what I’m telling u cuz when i was single what I told u is what I did. Worked for me cuz idgaf honestly so guess that confidence helped a lot

food matter of what u like and I can ask

El Paso has like I said the simple things to do and it’s not too big to get around each side of town
Movies , bowling , top golf, scenic drive or trans mountain to chill at with a date, swimming areas and shopping centers
It’s affordable live here and makes it even easier to travel to other cities cuz of affordability

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Knew a dude who went to UTEP on a track scholarship. Said the city itself was real low key, all the blacks there were either students or military ties. And fine ass Mexican girls

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Ain’t shyt to do here breh like that :russ:
It’s a good city cuz it’s affordable has the basic shyt more or less
It’s expanding rapidly but I like it for the simple things since I’m a simple person
Hoes well I mean I know whiskeys is popular but it’s a country club but tends to have more females than guys
Where I stay at got a lot of females married or single can’t tell ya :dead: but I can say they want plenty of attention with the way they dress and stare u down like no other so obviously they probably want it low key
So cold approach would work like at Walmart and shyt

um if I was single I just use online dating, cold approach wherever I see I like as long as setting is suitable ie: mall , target or Walmart and random bars
I can’t tell u where to go since it’s bars everywhere matter preference I have to ask my brother since he go out and is single but it’s more or less what I’m telling u cuz when i was single what I told u is what I did. Worked for me cuz idgaf honestly so guess that confidence helped a lot

food matter of what u like and I can ask

El Paso has like I said the simple things to do and it’s not too big to get around each side of town
Movies , bowling , top golf, scenic drive or trans mountain to chill at with a date, swimming areas and shopping centers
It’s affordable live here and makes it even easier to travel to other cities cuz of affordability

Yeah breh I’m starting to see that now , on my first full day here . This is a nice city Breh , seems hella safe and everybody is nice . I’m about to hit this museum then go on the scenic overlook for pics . Might try to go to CJ and check out the frontera zone

this might be a spot my mom wanna move to . Checks all her boxes and it’s better than Victorville by a million

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Knew a dude who went to UTEP on a track scholarship. Said the city itself was real low key, all the blacks there were either students or military ties. And fine ass Mexican girls

yeah this city is 3% black and I seen half at this lil hotel I stayed at lol

and yeah , it’s fine Mexican girls everywhere ... but on the apps the prettiest ones are across the border in Chihuahua

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Used to live there. No point in showing off the city skyline. Half those skyscrapers are vacant, or have thrift shops in the first floor only. Nobody goes downtown for nightlife, shyt closes down completely at sun down.
Most of the city is really on the main street the goes through el paso, forget the name now. The town gets up for the football games though. When i lived there everybody assumed i was military.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Used to live there. No point in showing off the city skyline. Half those skyscrapers are vacant, or have thrift shops in the first floor only. Nobody goes downtown for nightlife, shyt closes down completely at sun down.
Most of the city is really on the main street the goes through el paso, forget the name now. The town gets up for the football games though. When i lived there everybody assumed i was military.

Paisano Drive ?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Flying here on the 5th and I'll be here for 5 weeks. I know it's light on black culture, but can someone point me to the area black folk reside? So I know where to get my hair cut, I can get some black food, etc...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Flying out at 530 in the morning, land in EP at 1155 local. Gonna be here until January 9 stashing the check away...

People on here must not be that familiar with it but I'm gonna give updates on the city here since I'll be there so long...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
5 days here, this is my first day off. Ain't doing shyt today but I'll get around the city at some point. First impressions, it feels like I'm in Mexico. I really wanted to go to Juarez/Chihuahua but the a local I'm working with who is from Chihuahua City told me he wouldn't go to Juarez. Says he'd go hours south if I really wanted to experience the Mexican culture...

Said local is a 41-year old transplant from Chihuahua City who flew the straight abd narrow and now is running this unit here in El Paso, but gave a good brief of Mexican life to me and a black lady from Florida here working with me...

He made the violence in Mexico make more sense than any media outlet ever did. Said "cartels" just means "mob", the way NY has the 5 families, that's the Mexican cartels, each cartel is a family. The recent decade/current era is the worst its ever been in terms of violence, he said think of NY in the 20s and 30s or whenever the mafia was at its highest power and highest violence levels. Cartel violence today is peak 5 family violence in the Northeast, it's the same shyt. Said shyt was not this bad in the 80s and 90s when everyone was breaking bread with each other and getting along...

He said Juarez is actually improving and cleaning up. Of course it's still violent and one of the most violent cities in the world, but the example he used was think about New Orleans in the 90s or something. He said America has had cities just as bad as Juarez back in the days, so when you hear muhfukkas talk about how rough Juarez is, think about the worst US cities at peak (I said St Louis and Baltimore are today's closest comps to Juarez)...

Which made sense because he said parts of Juarez are beautiful, there are nice people there, just like there are beautiful and nice people in New Orleans. He said Juarez isn't a good representation of Mexico because it's a border town, and the violence reached this level because of competing families fighting to control drug access into the US. Other parts of Mexico don't have this violence because it's understood a certain cartel has a certain area, but the closer you get to the borders is when it worsens...

Said he has a childhood buddy who is fairly high up with one of the cartels, but they chose different paths in life. But he's familiar with the cartels on a third person basis...

Really insightful convo but said yes, cartels are criminals, many of them aren't violent and are legit businessmen and politicians with hands in government pockets. The lower levels do the killings and smuggling, many of the big guys had to start small and climb the ladder, and alot of guys you would assume are regular businessmen...

Just think of the cartels like peak mafia activity here, it's the exact same shyt. Made all the sense in the world to me, it was a really cool conversation!

As for EP itself, like I said it's pretty much Mexico but with the understanding that it's on the border, it certainly isn't like most of what America looks like. To be continued...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
After more than a month here, one of my lasting impressions are that this city is not a great travel destination if you aren't Mexican or a native to the area (and believe it or not there are some black and white folk who are FROM here). There's a black woman at work who is 42, moved back here this year to be close to her this year to be close to her aging mother. She was born and raised here, but had been in Florida since she was 19. She said she hates it here but had to come back for her mother, and brought her son (who is now 19) with her, he wanted to experience living here...

Most black people who live here are unsurprisingly from elsewhere. Oklahoma City, Cleveland, Mississippi, Virginia, San Diego, Philadelphia are some of the locations I can recall black folk telling me they came here from. Most are military-affiliated. Most the black folk here say you get used to the demographics and geology here, so they don't necessarily hate it here, but I haven't met a single black person who LOVES it here. I'm sure there are a few...

Most of us live up Northeast El Paso near Bliss, but there is no mostly black area anywhere. Most times when you see another black person in public we double take at each other, and I'm sure the black people who live here can tell those of us who don't...

Overall it's not a dirty city, the people are friendly, it's safe. Nearly everyone speaks English, I've been told multiple times most people in Juarez speak English too because it's a border city. The Downtown is somewhat interesting. But for me, this shyt is in the middle of a desert, and it's really far away from other interesting places in America. This shyt is isolated in its own bubble, away from everybody else. Wrnt to New Nexico a few times, the parts of NM closest to here are a fukking dump...

Different strokes for different folks, I'm not sure why anyone black would love it here, if you want desert living there are certainly better places further west to live that have more black culture...

Superstar
Daps
I can’t explain it, but the way I feel about El Paso is the same way and tone of voice Nas used to describe Nature moving to Marcy.