Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 (it works)

Votes: 2 25.0%

Votes: 4 50.0%

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 (Premier institution of Black Excellence)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Some good memories have taken place on Bennetts campus. The Belles were our neighbors, and from the start we’d be on their campus. I remember for the longest, we’d go on their campus for the gym jams that usually took place for Bennett and A&T students at the gym on Bennetts campus.
A lot of the Bennett girls would end up on our campus for other different things, as well. Both Bennett and A&T had a program that allowed some of the Bennett girls to take some classes at A&T for their degrees.

I remember when they were going through their issues donating, because going to school in the area, interaction with Bennett students were pretty much an everyday thing. When I worked at Best Buy during college, I worked with 2 girls that went to Bennett. Two of the coolest girls I’ve ever met. I was happy to see their school saved.

None of the numbers are really surprising. A lot of the out of state girls I met were from the DMV and Baltimore area. The campus isn’t very big at all, but it’s a pretty campus. There was a Daddy Grace church that separated Bennett and A&Ts campuses. The school is in a rough area, but most of the girls never had to walk outside of campus. They had a shuttle service that ran around the clock, and most them knew someone from A&T or Greensboro that could get them where they needed to be lol.

Decent university. I’m giving them a 6.
Cool. Were there many Aggie-Belle couples like the Spelhouse couples or were there too many Lady Bulldogs to make it as solid a connection?

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Cool. Were there many Aggie-Belle couples like the Spelhouse couples or were there too many Lady Bulldogs to make it as solid a connection?
There were a lot of lady bulldogs on the campus, I won’t lie lol.

I’ve seen some Aggie-Belle couples develop throughout my time. Not as much as you’d think with us being so close in proximity, but relationships did happen. One of the finest girls I’ve ever seen or been around in my life went to Bennett. Went to Bennett for a few years, then came to A&T and majored in engineering. She ended up getting married to an Aggie, and now she’s some big time engineer in Houston.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our next door neighbor. It's a small private school that still managing to hang on as noted by other posters.

Much love to Bennet.

I gotta give them a 6 Though.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What would be great is if they got a lot of the rich Blacks, companies, and foundations that drop bands on Spelman to do a 10% allocation of whatever they donate to Bennett. Getting $100k for every $1M Spelman gets could be all they need. If they had a champion like Melody Hobson or similar maybe that would attract interest. Even most Black folks never heard of them.

This was a good point. I made a joke about Robert F. Smith's pocket money and Bennett. Little did I remember that one of his foundations works with Bennett.
The Student Freedom Initiative

Also just saw that both the head of SFI and President Walsh were on a panel at the SXSW Education event. She mentions the very issue you brought up in this clip . "Unusual"

If video is put up, I will post it here.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
*they put the video up

Supporting HBCUs for Equity in Education & Beyond | SXSW EDU 2023​

SXSW EDU
Mar 30, 2023
Over the past few years, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) experienced a dramatic increase in the number of applicants. Despite this surge in interest, HBCUs continue to be under resourced and undervalued. HBCUs are pillars of local communities, one we should invest in to drive social, economic and cultural growth for all Americans. This conversation will explore how nonprofits, corporations and institutions of higher education must work together to invest in educational equity.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
hbcu-dinner-group-shot1.jpg

Feb 1, 2024
Suzanne Walsh, president of Greensboro’s Bennett College , Chancellor Harold Martin of N.C. A&T State University and Interim Chancellor Anthony Graham of Winston-Salem State University, gathered for a private roundtable discussion, organized by Triad Business Journal on Jan. 11. Several alumni from the universities also joined in the conversation. TBJ organized the gathering to discuss the roles the institutions play in the region in terms of workforce readiness, economic development and diversity of talent, but also the opportunities and challenges each institution faces.
3 part series
part 1

part 2

Part 3