Rated R in the House of Mouse? The Official Deadpool 3 Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
why is everyone so caught up in a rating....like a R rated movie can't still be some cookie cutter shyt :francis:
Options:manny:
I doubt this will be branded a Disney film, but it would be the first rated R movie in the MCU(an assumption on my part) and thus wouldn't be cookie cutter by the very definition of the word.

Will it be good is a completely other question:hubie:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Whether the movie was PG-13 or rated R, I just want to see a good movie. This will probably reintroduce the MCU X-Men though.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Options:manny:
I doubt this will be branded a Disney film, but it would be the first rated R movie in the MCU(an assumption on my part) and thus wouldn't be cookie cutter by the very definition of the word.

Will it be good is a completely other question:hubie:
Disney owns FOX. It is a Marvel movie that is part of Disney.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Disney owns FOX. It is a Marvel movie that is part of Disney.
I know. I'm saying you're not going to see this advertised as a Disney movie. What if I told you the movie Apocalypto is a Disney movie? You wouldn't believe me, but it is. It was produced by Touchstone Pictures which is a subsidiary of Disney. But of course you're not gonna see "Disney presents Apocalypto" anywhere because the movie is full of graphic violence and gore and Disney ain't bout that demonry:damn:

Besides absorbing a shyt ton of content, acquiring Fox gives them a lane to produce Rated R or TV-MA content while keeping the Disney brand famy friendly.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Disney has other studios it puts it's R rated/adult themed out under. They could release it under Touchstone pictures or have it be connected to Hulu somehow..far fetched by now you see Netflix allowing shyt to drop in theaters...Disney needs to figure out how to integrate Hulu into their brand as the service/add on for big kids.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Yeah we're working on it right now with the whole team," Reynolds said.

"We're over at Marvel [Studios] now, which is like the big leagues all of a sudden. It's kinda crazy. So yeah, we're working on it."

Did great in the minors so welcome to the big show! :mjgrin:

this is the only reason I’m somewhat anticipating 3 *fingers crossed*

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
They should make it the goriest movie of all time....for no other reason than to shock the Disney hierarchy

:mjlit: