Real Hoopers What Are The Best Sneakers?

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Kobe's have been the best. I was too young to play seriously with Jordan's, but most of them look real clean.

If I were still playing, I'd be curious how the Curry's work.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
jordan twenty

Air-Jordan-20-Retro-Stealth-2015.jpg

It is light, supremely light and offers total lockdown.
imo, is just the go to shoe for me in any sport. I skate to hoop in them and hated I wore them out.

I recommend them for people who rock ankle braces and need a shoe that can take an orthotic in them as well with no added weight or bulk past additional supper braces.

I been curious to rock my:

Supra rock

133039003_2.jpg

71maVqQEt9L._UX395_.jpg

To hoop in cause I transistioned to skating in them because of the lacelock strap for lockdown and the comfort with a brace. You can find them at zumiez for extra extra reduced cause people just did not rock the shoe. When cosmetically the shoe resembles some Agassi Jordan hybrid to me tho.

As far as shoes now.

I recommend combing the discount racks for bball shoes.
Then seeing which ones offer the best support and playability tailored to you.

Which over time after you select that pair. You can find a horde of discounts rack steals to pad your inventory. So in case they never make a great shoe for you for a while. You have some backups. I wish I could have done it more for the Jordan xx. Yet it is a Jordan and you already know.

Art Barr

Last edited:

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Kobe's crazy 8 when he was with Adidas. Best pure basketball shoe IMO.

Outdoor

Nike Air Raid. Perfect for blacktop ballin

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t ball like that but the best shoes I wore were prob the Kobe’s (forget the number). They were light as shyt.

I like low tops and light sneakers. Shyts was flawless. Just got the kyrie flytrap’s. Bout to test them out once the gym opens. They light too and feel like they’re quick.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nike-kobe-ad-nxt-fastfit-black-lateral

Kobe A.D. NXT Fast Fit, super comfortable, light and the grip is excellent.

I wish I was younger when Kobe finally started getting a dope line. To me, he has the most practical sneaker line ever. Not talking looks, just straight feeling and comfort.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I wish I was younger when Kobe finally started getting a dope line. To me, he has the most practical sneaker line ever. Not talking looks, just straight feeling and comfort.

All of his Nike shoes were dope except for the 3 (coincidentally the same pair he won the MVP in :beli:).

The only other time his shoes were ever considered wack were the KOBE adidas that looked like hovercars.
adidas-kobe-2-history-feature.jpg

So I'm not too sure what era you're talking about. Some of the other Kobe adidas have actually been retro'd and people like them, they aged well, but I remember there was a bias against adidas back in the day so :yeshrug:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of his Nike shoes were dope except for the 3 (coincidentally the same pair he won the MVP in :beli:).

The only other time his shoes were ever considered wack were the KOBE adidas that looked like hovercars.
adidas-kobe-2-history-feature.jpg

So I'm not too sure what era you're talking about. Some of the other Kobe adidas have actually been retro'd and people like them, they aged well, but I remember there was a bias against adidas back in the day so :yeshrug:

yeah, I’m older. I remember him being with adidas and everyone saying them shyts look like boats. Honestly, wasn’t a fan of of the 2 or so design by Nike. I remember when he was going thru the Colorado shyt that Nike also didn’t label those shoes as Kobe’s even though they were (I personally didn’t like that design, but I know people did).

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The Kyrie's have been great for me especially the 3 and 4s

Depends on what type of player you are. If you fast and handle the ball they might work for you especially with a lot of running an cutting

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
yeah, I’m older. I remember him being with adidas and everyone saying them shyts look like boats. Honestly, wasn’t a fan of of the 2 or so design by Nike. I remember when he was going thru the Colorado shyt that Nike also didn’t label those shoes as Kobe’s even though they were (I personally didn’t like that design, but I know people did).

Oh you mean the Huaraches that looked like this
nike-air-zoom-huarache-2k4-retro-2016-01.jpg

Depending on the color these looked good but I see what you mean. Yeah it wasn't until the Kobe 4 and later where they hit their stride. So yeah that's probably about a 5 or so year period of okay-looking Kobes, so that makes sense.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh you mean the Huaraches that looked like this
nike-air-zoom-huarache-2k4-retro-2016-01.jpg

Depending on the color these looked good but I see what you mean. Yeah it wasn't until the Kobe 4 and later where they hit their stride. So yeah that's probably about a 5 or so year period of okay-looking Kobes, so that makes sense.

lol, yeah that’s them. My cousin would swear by those. I remember years after I used to ball heavy, I went to the store and saw some sneakers, picked them up and was shocked they were Kobe’s. Been a fan of his line since. Also loved the low top feel; always felt high top restricted movement for me.