Realizing that you're going to have to work for the rest of your life unappreciation

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
No matter what brehs we have to work. It's just a part of life. Even in the caveman days you had to work to :eat:

Like James Brown said:
"It's Hell
when you don't have the shoes on your feet
when you don't have a job, and you got to steal, and if you don't work than you can't eat"

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Yo i feel you I envy people that been born with everything never had to struggle or watch they mama struggle :( that's the worst feeling in the world

i feel like ima always be working a 7-3 job living check to check though it is what it is...

Now I wouldn't say that...

What that mouth do though...? :mjpls:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I agree. That's what I'm striving to do.

But it's hard for young black men to grasp this concept. Many of us are so used to hustling, trying to impress the world and living above/beyond our means.

This is the real issue, most people feel like if they don't own a house by a certain age they are falling behind. I have no intentions of ever owning a home, especially not in NY where that 30 year mortgage may as well be a death sentence on your mobility & freedom.

People are too caught up in the material, I bet a lot of posters have a better house than that "World Wide Nate" dude, but I doubt any can say they have a more enriched life than him.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
What is growing up?

This sounds like that non-sense some crazy parents say, "you 18 now, u gotta move out and get a job"

Is it growing up when some people like athletes can retire when they're 25? Or how about when someone doesnt have to work a real job b/c their parents have a easy business with millions of dollars?

End of the day, that get a job and work til ur 65 stuff isn't relevant anymore in this day & age. Most ppl dont know for sure if they'll even have a job tomorrow.

:beli: Lazy?

So what if he decides to quit his job, or take a lesser job to pursue what's in his heart?

You know how many ppl have done this and are now making MORE money or are much happier in their life? And the ppl who laughed at them initially are still working the same old job lookin :to:

Who wants to get up at 5am, sit in an office all day, get home at 6:30pm for the next 50+ years of their life? Then eat and go to bed by 8:30? If you have a wife, where does that work in? Kids? Personal time/exercise?

Where is your life?

Start thinking outside the box. The purpose of humanity is NOT to work on overstressed jobs that can kill you before you retire. That's actually what companies WANT to happen b/c then they dont have to pay u retirement. :scheme::whistle:

Best use of the :to: smiley i've seen.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I been on my YOLO shyt for a couple years now... worked in the corporate world and got laid off during the recession. lived off EI then got into doing more freelance type work. Now I have different clients I run Promo campaigns for and just work whenever.... I just came off a 2 weeks off.

I can live like this cuz I got no kids and no major debt. I'm loving life. Sometimes I wanna make more just to buy better material things but I don't really care that much anymore about "things"

Think about if the world were really to end this year, what would you say you did with your time. I thoroughly enjoyed the last 3 years. I basically spent all of 2010 making beats and DJ'ing... doing everything I ever wanted to do.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What u fellas need to be worried about the most is being out of a job and having to depend on a job for the rest of ur life.

What u should strive for is to work because u feel like it, not because u have to. And to do that, u need to have a certain amount of money and u need to be disciplined wit ur spending and resolute in ur behavior. This will keep u from swandering ur savings when irresponsible friends and family come asking for help.

I have been out of a job before and I can tell u, as a man living on his own, it was a terrifying experience.

What u gonna do when u have a family and ur the main breadwinner, u lose ur job? Imagine that.

When I talk about my divine hatred for loans of any kind, people don't understand. They gaze at me wit a look of confusion. I tell u my friends, the more loans u have, the longer u will have to work.

Stop getting into debt over idiotic purchases, and think outside the box as far as ways to make money.