Misc Recommend Some Obscure Albums Of Any Genre

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Basically, if you can think of some piff music of any genre that isn't that popular, post in this thread. Maybe try to keep the number of videos per post down though because those are a bytch to load.

I'll start with Grails - Doomsday Holiday, dark instrumental post-rock stuff, its really dope, I really recommend giving it a listen if you havent

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Princess Nokia - Metallic Butterfly

Really DnB influenced stuff, rap stuff too, it spans a lot of genres here, there's even some african music kind of stuff here, aside from maybe 2 songs that I dont care for its a really dope album. I havent seen it get a lot of love lately aside from a Vice and Complex article but I feel like this chick is gonna blow up definitely

its free too

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I got 3, since I've been digging these bands a lot lately

Holograms self titled Post punk from Sweden.

Grave babies from Seattle. New wave meets noise rock? Check out the album 'Crusher'

Var 'No One Dances Quite Like My Brothers'

Dark sort of dancy post punk err industrial music from Denmark. This is their only album (well after they changed their name from War and moved their music into a different direction) then they broke up. Made up of Elias from the band Iceage and Loke Rahbek of Sexdrome & Lust For Youth

arXiv

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
Basically, if you can think of some piff music of any genre that isn't that popular, post in this thread. Maybe try to keep the number of videos per post down though because those are a bytch to load.

I'll start with Grails - Doomsday Holiday, dark instrumental post-rock stuff, its really dope, I really recommend giving it a listen if you havent

Song is pretty dope.

arXiv

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
Princess Nokia - Metallic Butterfly

Really DnB influenced stuff, rap stuff too, it spans a lot of genres here, there's even some african music kind of stuff here, aside from maybe 2 songs that I dont care for its a really dope album. I havent seen it get a lot of love lately aside from a Vice and Complex article but I feel like this chick is gonna blow up definitely

its free too

:whoo: like that first track. Downloading the album. :youngsabo:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Remy Shand, The Way I Feel

From way back in 2001 ... Throwback R&B album made my this white dude from Winnipeg, played almost all the instruments on the album. very reminiscent of Bobby Caldwell/Average White band, for you old school r&b heads. In the last 15 years he's the best bass player I've heard to come out on a soul album, not counting already established acts.

Crazy thing is, cat dropped the album, and it got some buzz, but then he straight disappeared for like 12 years after.

LLMR

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remy Shand, The Way I Feel

From way back in 2001 ... Throwback R&B album made my this white dude from Winnipeg, played almost all the instruments on the album. very reminiscent of Bobby Caldwell/Average White band, for you old school r&b heads. In the last 15 years he's the best bass player I've heard to come out on a soul album, not counting already established acts.

Crazy thing is, cat dropped the album, and it got some buzz, but then he straight disappeared for like 12 years after.

Intertesting.

It reminds of a somewhat obscure album I would absolutely recommend.

taylor-lewis-lewis-taylor.jpg

Lewis Taylor. White guy from the UK who played all the instruments on the album. This is his debut album from 1996. He did 2 or 3 albums after that one but this is his masterpiece. It's in my top soul albums of all time. Absolutely genius and unique.

He had Aaliyah, D'angelo, Questlove, Elton John as fans but he "retired" from music some 10 years ago.

I can't find anything to embed because he has YouTube taking down everything from him. Anthony Hamilton covered one the songs -Betterlove- but the cover is not very good :ld:

Edit: found one song on Vimeo

">

Last edited:

LLMR

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Greg Perry - One For The Road

Also one of my favorite soul albums. Straight 70's soul with nice songwriting and great musicanship. Always overlooked when talking great albums from that era.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Intertesting.

It reminds of a somewhat obscure album I would absolutely recommend.

taylor-lewis-lewis-taylor.jpg

Lewis Taylor. White guy from the UK who played all the instruments on the album. This is his debut album from 1996. He did 2 or 3 albums after that one but this is his masterpiece. It's in my top soul albums of all time. Absolutely genius and unique.

He had Aaliyah, D'angelo, Questlove, Elton John as fans but he "retired" from music some 10 years ago.

I can't find anything to embed because he has YouTube taking down everything from him. Anthony Hamilton covered one the songs -Betterlove- but the cover is not very good :ld:

Edit: found one song on Vimeo

">

Weird, I was actually gonna recommend that when I saw that post but completely forgot to do it