Redman feat. Busta Rhymes “Da Goodness” appreciation thread

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Buy whips straight up cash out the car lot, clorox your Fort Knox til ya'll call SWAT
Bite of your ear for a souvenir, switch from Red to Roy give you Primal Fear
If you don't know the clique then you smoking wet, Funk Doc Def Squad from the Jersey Set
:scust:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
One of the things about hip hop is how eclectic it makes your tastes. Granted the net made it a billion times easier to dig but you hear some real funky jams you wouldn't otherwise experience as producers blow the dust off some old 12s.

This is a great example where more was less as you could've ruined it by chopping it up all crazy but as it is it works perfect.

Not everything needs to be a crook one.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
One of the things about hip hop is how eclectic it makes your tastes. Granted the net made it a billion times easier to dig but you hear some real funky jams you wouldn't otherwise experience as producers blow the dust off some old 12s.

This is a great example where more was less as you could've ruined it by chopping it up all crazy but as it is it works perfect.

Not everything needs to be a crook one.
Man I wish sampling would come back more. Didn't know this was a sample all these years. :damn:

Genius sample. So much bounce as the production was layered around it perfectly without overdoing it.

Main reason why I hate the nyc drill, shyt is so lazy & too colorful.

Sometimes less is more and this was perfectly done. Great use of a sample.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Main reason why I hate the nyc drill, shyt is so lazy & too colorful.

Sometimes less is more and this was perfectly done. Great use of a sample.

Hip hop in its prime was a thing of beauty to witness. From speeding up samples to get more time which added more grit as well as the obscure digs and flips and drums that knocked so hard they had the rear view shaking it was all insane crazy, driving Miss Daisy. The razor sharp penmanship on top along with the spirit of competition made it an artform of the truest definition as it made something out of nothing.

No songwriters know how to use language as well as a hip hop wordsmith as the penmanship is on a whole nother level when you look at the rhyme schemes, internals etc... Producers too as I said, mad skills and innovation was the standard, not exception.

An unbelievable run and crazy how its diluted form rules the world now for too long to count as they took the worst and forget the best as that actually takes talent and skill above hype and antics.