Remember The Time When The Basketball Media Almost Gave LeBron A Finals MVP After Losing 4-2

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
First off this is not a LeBron hate thread. I don't get into the corny Stan war shyt that be going on here. This is an indictment on the NBA media, which seems like it's been taken over by fukking nerds in the last decade.

LeBron played his ass off in that series. He did his thing. But under no circumstance should a player from a losing team win a finals MVP. None. People were bringing that Jerry West had did it before. Well that mothafukka shouldn't have won it either. And it's a reason it hadn't happens since then.

The vote was 7-4 in favor of Iggy. Steph didn't get one vote. I'm not even mad at that, even though I disagree, but LeBron should have gotten 0. Do y'all know that if that series went to 7 games and the Cavs lost, he might have really won that mothafukka :snoop: These damn writers are on some other shyt. Since win did people start rewarding losing a the highest level. With all that said, LeBron still that nikka

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
bronseries-300x300.jpg

He deserved it. He took 2 games from a 67 win team with Matthew Delly being a key player. If one other player stepped for Bron, he would have won that year.

CHttSxPWoAAtPa6.png:large

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
bronseries-300x300.jpg

He deserved it. He took 2 games from a 67 win team with Matthew Delly being a key player. If one other player stepped for Bron, he would have won that year.

No doubt, it was a valiant effort, but he lost. I think it's two lines of thought that people have when it comes to this. Some people say that if you're far and away the best player, you should win it, no matter the outcome. I disagree. To me someone on the losing team just can't be awarded MVP of the series. I really could give a fukk what the circumstances were.

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What a stupid thread.

The award is for the most valuable player in the series. That was Lebron and it wasn't close.

I don't think it's a stupid thread; I made it :troll:

I think it's a good debate. I have my opinion, but I respect the points of the other side.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bron going back "home" was a NBA endorsed feel good story line that they promoted all year and they wanted to give bron something in the mutual interest deal. Notice he only signed them 1+1 deals until he actually won. He probably wouldve bolted last year if they wouldve lost

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
bronseries-300x300.jpg

He was working overtime that series. Granted he didn't have anyone to pass to tho.

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
Looks like 2k my player stats:mindblown:
He was working overtime that series. Granted he didn't have anyone to pass to tho.
Averaged 46 minutes as well. I know his efficiency was not up to his usual standards but how efficient can you be when have to create 70% of the offense, control the boards, defend the goat offense when they finally used the death line up. It was maddening seeing people actually criticize his play when his second best player had trouble bringing the ball up the court against basic ball pressure from Klay.

Daps
I love how Westbrook this year put up much more impressive numbers in this year's postseason on basically just as awful shooting as Lebron did that finals and he gets absolutely crucified for it, while ESPN and every media outlet rushed to crown KANG James the #2/3 of ALL-TIME in a LOSS to the Warriors putting up worse stats on equally garbage shooting, shyt is straight up autistic. Don't even try to start the "B-b-b-but supporting casts!1!1!!" shyt, Oldaipo, Kanter, and virtually everyone else on the Thunder were unforgivably useless when Westbrook sat, Lebron at least had Tristan crashing the boards with Delly going off for a few games, Russ had less than nothing.

Oh yeah, and for anyone thinking LeBron still should have gotten it because he played the Warriors better than anyone in the postseason and no one did or could have done better than him, here's how Anthony Davis, at only 21 goddam years old in his first and only ever playoff appearance performed against that same team:

31.4 PPG, 11 RPG, 2 APG, 3 BLK, 1.3 STL 54 FG%

And again don't try the "Lebron had no Kyrie and Love, you can't compare the two!!!!!!111!" shyt, AD's 2nd and 3rd best players were chipmunk face ass Eric Gordon and Quincy fukking Pondexter playing through a torn ACL that still hasn't fully healed to this day, AD was on just as much of an island as Bron, with NO playoff experience ever to boot. Meanwhile Lebron puts up 30 or so ppg on 40+ shots a game at <40 FG% playing almost the entire 48 minutes every game and somehow he played better than AD? And Steph too, who took over basically every 4th quarter besides that one bad game 2 with clutch shot after clutch shot and he doesn't even get ONE vote???? shyt is absolutely hilarious, I've never seen a player gifted more for LOSING than Bron has. Where's KD's credit for dragging his young Thunder team through one of the most brutal ever playoff gauntlets to be the leading scorer with 30 ppg at only 23 years of age out of everyone on the Heat and Thunder in his first finals? Where's Steph's credit for leading one of the NBA's most historically pathetic franchises to 3 straight finals in the perenially stacked Western conference? There's none, only Bron gets this kinda credit and accolades for similar feats that end in a loss on the biggest stage. Everyone else is labelled a chucker, a stat padder, a choker, lucky, gifted by the refs, or not actually better than Bron even if he lost to them, just excuse after excuse. It's not like there aren't countless actual wins, championships, and accomplishments that solidify Lebrons place as an all time great player, but it seems like the 6'8 260 lb motherfukker has had every damn L he's ever taken obfuscated and excused into another win for him to go along with it.

Last edited: