Remember when Arcades were scary?

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Remember that shyt dim motherfukkin lights grunge lookin motherfukker high on something possible acid who were cutting school all day and where masters at a certain game. Being 7 years old and having to put your quarter down in that environment. Motherfukkers can take your shyt if they wanted to and there was nothing you could do about it? That was some true gamer shyt and there literally was no escaping it the 7-11 the bowling alley the mall straight motherfukkin goons but as a gamer you had to man up and tooth grin and bear it?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It was scary in a certain type of environment. I used to go downstairs to a basement where only Street Fighter II arcades were turned on. As soon as you go down there the smell of weed hit you and hood cats wilding out because you were a 10 year old kid laying down the law :stingufdup:

Looking back it probably wasn't the safest place to be at as those guys were probably dealing out of that location, but I just wanted to play :manny:

There was a good chance I could have been arrested or even shot at just for being in there, but the gaming addiction was strong. I got tired of beating the game on the SNES on the hardest difficulty :w0w2:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I was coming here to clown you, but you're right. shyt was dark and grimey as hell back in the days. Tailor-made environment for kidnapping or molesting children. Owners never gave a shyt as long as you didn't bang the machines.

I also remember cats being dragged outside by the local gang, just for being from out of town.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
Remember that shyt dim motherfukkin lights grunge lookin motherfukker high on something possible acid who were cutting school all day and where masters at a certain game. Being 7 years old and having to put your quarter down in that environment. Motherfukkers can take your shyt if they wanted to and there was nothing you could do about it? That was some true gamer shyt and there literally was no escaping it the 7-11 the bowling alley the mall straight motherfukkin goons but as a gamer you had to man up and tooth grin and bear it?

Our arcade was bright and colorful and very warm.....also had miniture golf and other sorts of fun stuff.

:yeshrug:

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Came in here all full of nostalgia, ready to reminisce about the scariness of the mall arcades because they were always dark and loud and full of mystery and intrigue...

..read the first few replies...

got me like uh nevermind
no-words-homer-into-brush.gif

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
what kind of arcades where you mother fukkers going to?

weed smoke?
gang fights?
kidnapping?
molestation?

:skip:

i used to play arcade games at the pizzeria or go to Nathans in Yonkers every now and again.
Washington Heights/Harlem and several spots in the Bronx.

Nothing was safe during a heated Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat II match. Round 4 and 5 would have taken place ON-SITE it was a close game and someone won by "cheesing"

This wouldn't have ended like this in the 90's

It would have ended like this:

and you had to watch your back for at least 3 months :ufdup:

Gamers are soft today. Quarters came at a premium

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Washington Heights/Harlem and several spots in the Bronx.

Nothing was safe during a heated Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat II match. Round 4 and 5 would have taken place ON-SITE it was a close game and someone won by "cheesing"

This wouldn't have ended like this in the 90's

It would have ended like this:

and you had to watch your back for at least 3 months :ufdup:

Gamers are soft today. Quarters came at a premium

you trying to tell me that you got molested and beaten by a group of weed smoking thugs...in an arcade?