Report: DC Cinematic Universe may be in trouble

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Official: 'Justice League - Part 1' Starts Filming In April

It appears that Warner Bros. and director Zack Snyder have grown tired of the recent rumors that have been making the rounds regarding the future of the DC Extended Universe, so they have decided to announce that Justice League - Part 1 will kick-off production on April 11, 2016. As previously announced, Snyder will helm the movie, which is currently slated to open on November 17, 2017.

Entertainment Weekly broke the news earlier today and had a chance to speak with the director himself, who had the following to say about the highly anticipated movie:

“The idea that we could begin to boot up a Justice League concept was a cool thing. It was a little bit of an ‘about time’ moment, and I don’t blame [the studio] for feeling that way, because it’s a long time coming, but I do feel like it’s a little bit of a creative hurdle. It seems like an easy thing to do at first glance, the idea that, ‘Oh, we just get the rest of the superheroes in there.’ But you have to [establish] a world where they can exist.”
As the trade reveals, filming will primarily take place in southeast London, at the Warner Bros. Leavesden studios. Additionally, the movie will also be shot in other locations in the city, plus in Iceland. What do you guys think? Let us know your thoughts on the news in the comment section.

McWeeny :camby:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I was rooting for BvS to be good.

I will still see it, but I believe the people who say it was meh.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Current Metacritic score: 48/100

Oh.....so those suits, you know.....the guys that had already seen it to some degree, and were worried about the movie, it seems were right to be worried?

:ohhh:

Spyro

Banned
Daps
As soon as they hired Zack Snyder to be the director of Man of Steel, Justice League etc and the main man of the DC Universe I was like
OxVxvpM.png
RCnW2rn.png

Then I thought
gwHfavg.png
This nikka ain't made a great film yet, sucks to be a DC fan like myself
fzmC9qf.png

Oh well we still got Marvel
ycs7IUp.png

DC fans now are like a Suicide Squad sitting at their desks like
1u7lXto.png

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think Bats v Supes can still do well commercially but if they set the minimum of satisfaction at a billion they will be disappointed. Bats V Supes is looking like 700 -800 milly tops.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think Bats v Supes can still do well commercially but if they set the minimum of satisfaction at a billion they will be disappointed. Bats V Supes is looking like 700 -800 milly tops.
that's all anyone was speaking on, then the fan boys went in a damn conniption

man of steel did 668 million... depending on how you view him and bats... that's their #1 or 2 hero

bats of the nolan series did 500 mil, 1 bil, 1 bil

avengers 1 did 1.4 bil. avengers 2 did 1.4 bil

why in the hell would dc think, putting their best stars together, would result in making LESS than batman alone? of course they have 1 billion as a minimum. they've already done it once and now they are adding in superman of all people

700-800 mil would be a flag in the air saying "ok we can't touch marvel" we gave you our best and we couldn't do it... and next year they bout to debut a damn movie with 60 some fukking characters with 10 years of build up...

not only that... but the critics shytting on the movie too... which isn't going to HELP us any on the next go round...

yea.... it's a problem.. but i don't think any idiot here thought they wouldn't do at least 700-800 milly... that's a given

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was gon post a thread about justice League but this popped up...:francis: some of y all stan way too hard. Attacked this dude for no reason