REVEALED: Open A.I. Staff Warn "The progress made on Project Q* has the potential to endanger humanity" (REUTERS)

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Here are the first four lines, there are no backslashes.

Code:
plugins {
    id 'java'
    id 'com.palantir.docker' version '0.26.0'
}

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
ok I'll ignore line 1.

do you think it will run now?

That's beside the point, you called it an error and it's clearly not. The backticks are there for markdown formatting, not meant to be pasted into the actual file.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Where is the error?

i think he means the backticks.. is was my bad formatting when i pasted it.

TvtyLUT.png

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
i'm saying the poem that failed to insult the mother was likely due to openai alignment of the model to avoid offense in a prompt/response involving religion.

are you on a phone?

you replied to the wrong post.

any comments about the post you did reply to.

you ignored the my post about shared memory.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
That's beside the point, you called it an error and it's clearly not. The backticks are there for markdown formatting, not meant to be pasted into the actual file.

it's not.

i said it would not run because it will not.

irrespective of line 1.

what i don't understand is what is the point of your argument.

even if line 1 is ignored the model still fails.

make an assertion please.

if you are saying that my argument was based just on line 1 then re-read my posts.

if you are saying that the file is correct then say so.

if you are ruminating over whether that line is code or not (comments) then you are missing the point.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
it's not.

i said it would not run because it will not.

irrespective of line 1.

what i don't understand is what is the point of your argument.

even if line 1 is ignored the model still fails.

make an assertion please.

if you are saying that my argument was based just on line 1 then re-read my posts.

if you are saying that the file is correct then say so.

if you are ruminating over whether that line is code or not (comments) then you are missing the point.

Why wouldn't it run?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
great.

then go and run it yourself.

it's a gradle file for a project that doesn't exist but there's no reason (that I can identify) why it would not run. You say it will not run so the burden of proof is on you to at the very minimum explain why it wouldn't.

ldcVECm.png

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
by refining the query to this:

Q: "can you create a full example build.gradle file to build and package a docker image using the palantir docker plugin. the code build and copy into docker will be done in the dockerfile not in build.gradle."

I got it to exclude the java build (which it should not have added in the first place).

resulting in the better looking ..

Code:
plugins {
    id 'com.palantir.docker-run' version '0.26.1'
}

group 'com.example'
version '1.0-SNAPSHOT'

repositories {
    jcenter()
}

dockerRun {
    name 'example-image'
    image project.group + '/' + project.name
    useComposeFiles(['docker/docker-compose.yml']) // if you have a docker-compose file
    daemonize true
}

// Define the Docker task as a dependency of the build task
build.dependsOn dockerRun

i will run this version on a different server.

i'm not sure about that group as the code built in docker will be both c++ and java and neither should be visible at this level *(totally different repos).

it was failing due to group value earlier but that is on an older janky machine where the global gradle is not in a good state so I will test it on another server. it should make no diff as running ./gradlew but to be certain.

also: out of the box for the previous version (with java)

Screenshot-2023-12-15-at-01-35-21.png

palantir is on version 35/36 now so it's pulling 26 from an example it has seen somewhere.

Screenshot-2023-12-15-at-01-16-42.png

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
it's a gradle file for a project that doesn't exist but there's no reason (that I can identify) why it would not run.

you say that because you did not run it.

You say it will not run so the burden of proof is on you to at the very minimum explain why it wouldn't.

i think i have provided plenty of proof for my original post about chatGPT (openai.com) but i find it difficult to discuss with people who want to ask (because they don't know) while simultaneously arguing while not holding a position themselves.

for most i go out of my way to lay out my ideas with supporting quotes, screenshots, articles and videos all mixed in.

but when people approach me in the wrong way i just can't be bothered to make an effort.

you want to know then run it

:hubie:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
you say that because you did not run it.

i think i have provided plenty of proof for my original post about chatGPT (openai.com) but i find it difficult to discuss with people who want to ask (because they don't know) while simultaneously arguing while not holding a position themselves.

for most i go out of my way to lay out my ideas with supporting quotes, screenshots, articles and videos all mixed in.

but when people approach me in the wrong way i just can't be bothered to make an effort.

you want to know then run it

:hubie:

If I'm asking (because I don't know), why would you expect me to hold a position. I'm simply asking you to bolster your claims with proof, this is not an unreasonable ask.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
If I'm asking (because I don't know), why would you expect me to hold a position. I'm simply asking you to bolster your claims with proof, this is not an unreasonable ask.
Proving a negative is never a great idea.

There could be a million different variables on why that code might not work that has nothing to do with ChatGPT. Environment incorrectly setup, or the copy and paste process fukking up a number of possible things.

Demonstrating unaltered working code makes more sense.