Revenge of the Sith is EASILY top 2 movies in Star Wahs franchise history

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
what was the backlash about that? I try to stay away from Star Wars purists and wrestling purists are two groups I try to avoid mainly so I can enjoy the movies for what they are instead of putting too much thought into it.

there was considerable backlash from hardcore fans.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Hayden Christensen's acting was awful but I liked the movie then and like it even more now. If only they had a better actor for Anakin it would be so piff. I can't say it's better that the 3 OG movies but it's grown on me. Attack of the Clones had some excellent parts in it but once again Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman had no chemistry which brought down the whole quality of the movie. Queen Amidala was a pedo too :heh:
I don't think his acting was as bad as the writing and directing. Hayden and others that were wooden in this were fine in other films. Lucas even had Samuel L looking more stiff than he ever has. Only actors in the prequels that were good enough to overcome George Lucas's poor writing were Obi-Wan & Palpatine.
ROTS is the GOAT SW film when it comes to light saber fights, so that and Order 66 will always be it's saving grace

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I figured, I was just wondering what it was about since I have no clue.

in the OG trilogy the force is purely a spiritual concept, not scientific. it was based on one's potential, one's faith and one's purity.

a lot of fans, including myself, didn't appreciate seeing it reduced to a scientific level.

edit: actually it just occurred to me that this is NOT the worst thing anyone has ever put in a star wars movie.

the worst thing in any star wars movie is actually in ROTJ when it's revealed that leia is luke's sister.

now THAT is the most insulting and offensive thing lucas has ever done.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
in the OG trilogy the force is purely a spiritual concept, not scientific. it was based on one's potential, one's faith and one's purity.

a lot of fans, including myself, didn't appreciate seeing it reduced to a scientific level.

edit: actually it just occurred to me that this is NOT the worst thing anyone has ever put in a star wars movie.

the worst thing in any star wars movie is actually in ROTJ when it's revealed that leia is luke's sister.

I accepted the scientific concept of the force. I've mentioned it in other threads, but if you liken it to an IQ test....It was just a way to measure ones force potential. Especially if you're recruiting to train in your secret ways, everyone can't be let in...so you give them the test and measure their score. It doesn't detract from the mysteriousness of the Force, but instead aids to show how stuck up the Jedi really were.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I accepted the scientific concept of the force. I've mentioned it in other threads, but if you liken it to an IQ test....It was just a way to measure ones force potential. Especially if you're recruiting to train in your secret ways, everyone can't be let in...so you give them the test and measure their score. It doesn't detract from the mysteriousness of the Force, but instead aids to show how stuck up the Jedi really were.

it's not an IQ test though, it's a blood sample.

the equivalent of a jedi IQ test would be like some sort of trial or something.

if the force is a measure of one's faith and intuition, how can it be measured in someone's blood?

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
The dialogue takes it down a notch. And Hayden Christensen isnt a good actor. Period.
The effects are still incredible 13 years later though and John Williams score rescues the film's dramatic weight from the cringe-worthy dialogue. Palpatine, Ewan Mcgregor and Sam Jackson saved the movie as far as the acting goes.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

Ahh ok that makes sense. thank you for breaking that down. I can see hpw people might be ill about that. I wasn't feeling how Qui Gon and Ben took Anakin and his mom was ok with with him leaving like that, without really knowing them and I'm not even sure they proved to be Jedis either, at least to her. Then after that, tbey pretty much just left her to be a slave, I thought they could have hashed that out a lot better.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Ahh ok that makes sense. thank you for breaking that down. I can see hpw people might be ill about that. I wasn't feeling how Qui Gon and Ben took Anakin and dude mom was ok with it, then pretty much just left her to be a slave, I thought they could have hashed that out a lot better.

it's really ridiculous

i guess you could argue that the jedi respected the law of the locals but shyt if the jedi are peace warriors how do you stumble upon a slave state and not do anything about it???

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I don't think his acting was as bad as the writing and directing. Hayden and others that were wooden in this were fine in other films. Lucas even had Samuel L looking more stiff than he ever has. Only actors in the prequels that were good enough to overcome George Lucas's poor writing were Obi-Wan & Palpatine.
ROTS is the GOAT SW film when it comes to light saber fights, so that and Order 66 will always be it's saving grace

I didn't have a problem with SLJ IN THE movie, he was serious and stoic, I still think Christensen is a shytty actor. Pirtman was actually pretty good to me, she had much better chemistry with baby Anakin if you ask me.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
it's really ridiculous

i guess you could argue that the jedi respected the law of the locals but shyt if the jedi are peace warriors how do you stumble upon a slave state and not do anything about it???

lol basically. They took that nature show approach by not disturbing what goes on but still managed to save a cub only to leave the mom to the predators. At the least they could have at least taken the mom somewhere else even if they left the slaves. shyt, I'd be mad too if I had returned home and find out my mom died while I was learning how to swordfight in outer space not being able to at least talk to her and keep in touch.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
shyt. Before all of these news ones came out, I had a pretty set list. Sith was in my third spot (Empire obviously being in the top spot and TPM being in the last spot), and I'm not really sure if that's changed. :patrice: