Ricardo Lockette Talks the Infamous Superbowl Play In the Player's Tribune

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Russ had thrown the ball better, it would have probably been an incomplete and they get to do it over again and pick the right play. Russ should get 100% of the blame on that even if the smarter play was the giving it to lynch.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
It wasnt a great throw. It was a low snap and he tried to time it up with the WR. Could it have been a better throw? Yep. Should have thrown it low and to his back shoulder. But if Lockette doesnt job or if a bigger WR is in there its an incompletion. Butler planted his foot and darted to that spot. Lockette should have done the same or at least have a bigger wr in there in case he's forced to throw high.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this my man. Goal line low, back of the end zone high.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
If Russ had thrown the ball better, it would have probably been an incomplete and they get to do it over again and pick the right play. Russ should get 100% of the blame on that even if the smarter play was the giving it to lynch.

The play call was not even that bad. It was first down and the Seahawks only had 1 time out. I love Russ, but dude is getting a serious pass.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasnt a touchdown because of Browner.

It wasnt an incompletion cause Ricardo sort of jogged on the play :francis:

You cant get beat to that spot. But again...he probably figured he'd be wide open if Kearse got off Browner's jam.

the 6'4 cb pushed kearse back which cause lockette to take a extra step to get around him which cost him that split second to get to the ball

its very simple what happened and browner was the cause

of course its also on the coaches to expect a 6'1 wr to push a 6'4 cb

its even more hilarious because seattle already know how strong browner is

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
the 6'4 cb pushed kearse back which cause lockette to take a extra step to get around him which cost him that split second to get to the ball

its very simple what happened and browner was the cause

of course its also on the coaches to expect a 6'1 wr to push a 6'4 cb

its even more hilarious because seattle already know how strong browner is

Even with kearse getting pushed back and letting Butler get a clean release, a TD or incompletion should have happen. Russ throwing the ball to the back shoulder of Butler was the problem on that play.

butler-interception-GIF.gif

PATSPATSPATS.0.gif

020115superbowlms28.jpg

A lot went wrong on that play for the seahawks, but the throw by Russ was the killer.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Keep in mind, Lockette is 6'2" 210....

Butler is 5'11" 190...

It's nothing but pure diva why that interception happens....that bytch flopped like he was in some fukking explosion.

Coaches have been teaching this to WR's for the last 10 years to take advantage of PI calls.

Pesci

Architect
Daps
as far as him "jogging" goes, that's part of the play. there's going to be open space right inside the pick. you don't sprint past that :dahell:

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
Good read :ehh:
That play tho...I remember lookin at my tv like :dwillhuh:
For minutes after I was still :mindblown:
Didn't know if I was more confused that Beast didn't get it or how Butler pulled that off :scust:

I was just stunned. Almost in a state of denial. The anger only came when Micheal Bennett jumped offsides at the point when we could have still gotten a safety.

Then it was all cuss words and comfort food. :mjcry: