Richard Pryor's daughter is producing a Holly/Nolly wood project

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Rain Pryor, Daughter of Legendary Comedian Richard Pryor, Launches Hollywood/Nollywood Film Project

1*e-kERKZ0cDI1xToULCH7tQ.jpeg

Rain Pryor on set in Nigeria
Dec 2023
LOS ANGELES, CA ( — RAIN PRYOR Writer/Actor/Director, daughter of Legendary comedian, Richard Pryor, just returned from Nigeria where she launched a groundbreaking film project in collaboration with Nigerian producers. With the working title of “Ancestors: A Journey to Destiny” .

Acclaimed Nollywood actor, Odunlade Adekola, star of the Netflix film, “Elesin Oba, The King’s Horseman” will be starring alongside major Hollywood actors in a film intersecting cultures. Pryor says she was extremely excited to have Odunlade as lead actor in the role of The King, after viewing his films.

Pryor’s inspiration is a commitment to tell ancestral stories. Rain said, “What prompted the story was my family. My family is rich in tradition and culture. When I travelled to Nigeria to learn about the Yoruba culture, predominantly Ifa, I thought how can I bring together Nigerian and Black Americans to create something that is a mixture of Hollywood and Nollywood. My father made profound changes in his life when he came to the African continent. He felt that he had found his soul. Now, years later, I am following the same path.”

“I am a big fan of Nollywood, and have enjoyed watching Odunlade. Nollywood has flooded Netflix and other platforms. I enjoyed King of Boys, Jagun Jagun, etc. He possesses what is needed for the character of Oba Fagbemi in our film,” Pryor explained

“To tell a story from where the story originated, imbues you with its historical essence, which is why I am in Nigeria.” Pryor is currently working with Bola Atta and Chike Nwoffiah, a Nigerian filmmaker and arts consultant on the film project. While Pryor takes on the dual roles of director and Executive Producer, Atta and Nwoffiah along with, Sowande Tichawonna (Raceman Tell Pictures), are Executive Producing the project.

Atta and Nwoffiah disclosed that the project is in pre-production. Noting that filming begins shooting in 2024, targeting 2025 release, and sharing that the film will be shot in Osun and Lagos state, Nigeria as well Baltimore.

1*zW6bdpx3295qzEsuNCGDOw.jpeg

Chike Nwoffiah, Rain Pryor, Bola Atta

Last year, Rain was initiated as an Osun Priestess, and given the Yoruba name, “Osunyemi Oriomodun.” Pryor said her goal is” to go home, go back to the motherland, specifically Nigeria, and find my Yoruba roots. Immerse myself in the culture. No one has yet done an International Film of this magnitude between Hollywood and Nollywood. People will get excited as we accelerate international collaboration.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Daps
This dope and surprised it hasn't happened sooner. Black people gonna have to make things crack for themselves. In 2024 it's unacceptable that Tyler Perry is the only Black film mogul.