Rick and Morty Co-Creator Justin Roiland facing felony charges for beating girlfriend EDIT: FIRED as voice of RICK AND MORTY

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
:picard:

ustin Roiland, the star and co-creator of the animated comedy series “Rick and Morty,” has been charged with felony domestic violence in Orange County, California, in connection with a 2020 incident, according to a criminal complaint filed in May 2020 by the Orange County District Attorney. He appeared in court Thursday for a pre-trial hearing.

Roiland pleaded not guilty in 2020. Roiland and his attorneys didn’t respond to requests for comment.

NBC News obtained the criminal complaint in the case, which charges Roiland, 42, with one felony count of domestic battery with corporal injury and one felony count of false imprisonment by menace, violence, fraud and/or deceit. NBC News is the first to report publicly on the case.

The complaint states the incident occurred on or about Jan. 19, 2020, against an anonymous Jane Doe who was dating Roiland at the time.

EDIT:

:picard:

EDIT: Fired from Rick and Morty

Adult Swim has ended its relationship with Justin Roiland in the wake of the news that the Rick and Morty co-creator was charged with felony domestic abuse in Orange County.

Last edited:

RickyDiBiase

The Health Inspector
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Can someone explain to me the hype with that show? I don’t mess with cartoons or anything animated in general but nothing about the show from the art style to the dialouge actually seems enjoyable just like some shyt people watch to think that they’re smart or deep for liking

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Can someone explain to me the hype with that show? I don’t mess with cartoons or anything animated in general but nothing about the show from the art style to the dialouge actually seems enjoyable just like some shyt people watch to think that they’re smart or deep for liking
It’s a decent show to watch if it’s late at night and you’re in bed with your girl and y’all just finished smoking a blunt together or something.
It’s really the fan base that ruins it because they act like the writing is better and deeper than it actually is.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

I like it cause its weird but funny and still relatable at times. I think they're very creative/weird with the shyt they come up with

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
its extremely irreverent and absurdist, self aware, yet has a lot of poignant moments about life and finding meaning in it. It also rewards us nerds who have stupid encyclopedic memories of pop culture, especially sci-fi.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It’s a dumb-smart show with likeable characters. It’s funny though.

And it references a lot of other shows too

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
Me personally, I think Archer is far better/funnier.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
We cant have shyt! Rick and Morty is a mix of Dark Humor, Comics, Pop Culture, Science, Philosophy, and random info that you never heard about. The writing is something special and I actually look forward to it...the best episode ever was when Rick outsmarted the Devil.

giphy.webp

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
its a mindfukk like back to the future... u have to pay attention to details .. one day u will realie rick is morty ... n morty is rick...