Rick Perry to be nominated as Secy of Energy :skip:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: this might be his worst pick yet :laff:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/o...y-be-the-energy-departments-undoing.html?_r=0

14wed3web-master675.jpg

During a televised debate in 2011, Mr. Perry said he wanted to abolish the department but struggled to recall its name. That incident — which helped doom his campaign for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination — betrayed not only poor memory but also ignorance about the department’s critical national security role. About 60 percent of the department’s budget is dedicated to managing the nation’s nuclear weapons arsenal and operating nuclear nonproliferation and counterterrorism programs. Much of the rest of its budget finances research in basic sciences, fossil fuels and newer sources of energy, like wind and solar power.

Mr. Perry has denied that human activity is responsible for climate change, something that virtually all scientists agree on. Mr. Trump himself has described climate change as a “hoax” perpetrated by China, a preposterous claim backed by no evidence. This month, Mr. Trump’s transition team sent a questionnaire to the Energy Department asking for the names of employees who had attended certain climate change meetings. The Obama administration rejected the request, fearing that the employees would be marginalized or targeted for retaliation by the new administration.

Every weekday, get thought-provoking commentary from Op-Ed columnists, the Times editorial board and contributing writers from around the world.

Enter your email address

Receive occasional updates and special offers for The New York Times's products and services.

SEE SAMPLE PRIVACY POLICY
As governor of Texas, Mr. Perry was a champion of the oil and gas industry, but he also supported wind power, which boomed in the state under his watch. He backed policies requiring the use of renewable energy sources and a $5 billion investment in transmission lines to bring power from wind farms in remote areas to big cities. Wind turbines accounted for 12 percent of all electricity produced in Texas in 2015, up from 3 percent in 2007. :hubie: this shyt tho

Mr. Perry could prove his doubters wrong by expanding investment in breakthrough energy technologies like advanced nuclear reactors, high-capacity batteries and electrical grids that can better accommodate variable power suppliers. Doing so could bolster the economy, create good-paying jobs and reduce the cost of energy, according to a report published on Tuesday by the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation. Those efforts would also help avert the worst effects of climate change, something that would benefit large parts of Texas and the country that are vulnerable to more intense storms and droughts and rising sea levels.

The big question, of course, is whether Mr. Perry and Mr. Trump have the interest or ability to pursue an ambitious agenda, or whether they are determined to carry on an ideological war against climate science.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Trump is about to drastically cut every regulation he possibly can. This is the Perfect guy to run a part of the federal government that he wants destroyed.

Draining the swamp.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Trump is about to drastically cut every regulation he possibly can. This is the Perfect guy to run a part of the federal government that he wants destroyed.

Draining the swamp.
This is the DNC's fault for nominating that beast. Trump was EASILY beatable EASILY :snoop:

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
This is the DNC's fault for nominating that beast. Trump was EASILY beatable EASILY :snoop:
Breh, how many times do I have to admit we fukked up :damn:

I knew she wasnt the most likeable, but never did I think so many people would find Trump more likeable. Bernie still is a bit of a loon to me. And I didnt like a couole of hos answers at that Wisconsin town hall. I need Bernie and Obama to debate at some town hall event. Someone needs to set that up. I want it in Ohio or Michigan.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Breh, how many times do I have to admit we fukked up :damn:

I knew she wasnt the most likeable, but never did I think so many people would find Trump more likeable. Bernie still is a bit of a loon to me. And I didnt like a couole of hos answers at that Wisconsin town hall. I need Bernie and Obama to debate at some town hall event. Someone needs to set that up. I want it in Ohio or Michigan.
Breh, between the two I found Trump more likable between him and Clinton. Clinton was cringeworthy just cringeworthy. I was to the point where I was going to vote for him. Just because I was sick of the DNC and their lack of understand about the working class/jobs.

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
Breh, between the two I found Trump more likable between him and Clinton. Clinton was cringeworthy just cringeworthy. I was to the point where I was going to vote for him. Just because I was sick of the DNC and their lack of understand about the working class/jobs.
I have never fpund anything likeable about Donald Trump. And I definitely didnt find him likeable after all that birther shyt.

:damn: I cant stand the dnc

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I have never fpund anything likeable about Donald Trump. And I definitely didnt find him likeable after all that birther shyt.

:damn: I cant stand the dnc
Never said he was the best, but more likable (to me) more than Clinton. Crazy part, others felt exactly like me. It's not the most of the voters liked Trump in the general. They felt he was the lesser of two evils against Clinton. Also, she was stupid for not getting the CPD to let Gary Johnson in the debates. That would have cut the conservative vote in two.

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
Never said he was the best, but more likable (to me) more than Clinton. Crazy part, others felt exactly like me. It's not the most of the voters liked Trump in the general. They felt he was the lesser of two evils against Clinton. Also, she was stupid for not getting the CPD to let Gary Johnson in the debates. That would have cut the conservative vote in two.
Its gets to a point where policy matters. Supreme court seats matter. Republicans realize this better than liberals.