Singles Rihanna bossed up. She has her OWN brand under LVMH. WOW.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what i’ve been noticing is that these mainstream artist have to find a way to use their fame to create other forms of income. it seems like they really aren’t making money off their music. proud of her. @THE RETIRED SKJ am i off base with this?

She's made a lot of money off music. Of course, she's found other forms of income. Music afforded her the opportunity to do so. Who wouldn't capitalize on the opportunity to diversify their portfolio and branch off into other lucrative ventures? She wants children and what better way than to secure a legacy for them. As someone who doesn't write or produce much of her own music, this is huge in the way of her making sure her future children worry for nothing.

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Ye didnt get what he wanted, he settled. His endgame was never to make random clothes for Adidas. He wanted to be on some Parisien fashion house shyt and never got it

You're an absolutely relentless hater.

Kanye wants to ubiquitous with fashion and good taste like Nike, Polo, LV etc. He wanted to head a company along those lines and he's on his way with Adidas. Beyond that his brand is worth a billion dollars.

This thread is about Rihanna though and not the other black designers and creators she's "lapped". Salute to her again.

Last edited:

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
She's made a lot of money off music. Of course, she's found other forms of income. Music afforded her the opportunity to do so. Who wouldn't capitalize on the opportunity to diversify their portfolio and branch off into other lucrative ventures? She wants children and what better way than to secure a legacy for them. As someone who doesn't write or produce much of her own music, this is huge in the way of her making sure her future children worry for nothing.
if she’s not writing or producing like you said she’s not getting paid off her music. you can twist it and say “she made money by touring” but she’s not getting backend if she’s not writing. atleast thats my understanding from the light research i did.

i first noticed this when i was studying the business side when i started making music and saw britney spears didnt get paid for hit me baby one more time max martin and rami did.
yea she got paid for touring but she didnt eat off that song like she should have cus she had 0 writing contributions.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if she’s not writing or producing like you said she’s not getting paid off her music. you can twist it and say “she made money by touring” but she’s not getting backend if she’s not writing. atleast thats my understanding from the light research i did.

i first noticed this when i was studying the business side when i started making music and saw britney spears didnt get paid for hit me baby one more time max martin and rami did.
yea she got paid for touring but she didnt eat off that song like she should have cus she had 0 writing contributions.

She is still paid off music because she has hits on top of hits. My point is once she's completely done with music, she won't collect as much royalty from it because she doesn't write or produce. She's still one of the top earning artists in the industry largely due to music.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Many RnB/Pop artist back in the day didnt write songs, they where only performers.

For the fact many people who can sing dont have a track record of writing hit songs, or having the skills to write at all, so th label will get with a production company or producer that does.

Shucks, many TODAY dont write their own material either.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS