Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I couldn't listen to Temperatures Rising without tearing up..shyt sad man
I bet P. wish he never made that song. But, RIP P - you can return back to the essence now
50-cent-mobb-deep-1.jpg.jpg

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I couldn't listen to Temperatures Rising without tearing up..shyt sad man
P was really in pain bout everyday he lived.....I take satisfaction in knowing the homie is now living with no pain at all......but I can't listen to any of the music just yet, you strong for that........especially temp. rising......But P left a mark on this world and is wit the father now.....I as a fan couldn't ask for more for homie.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
ayo, they reporting he died because he choked on a boiled egg. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. These are CAC sources at the end of the day but after 20 years of talking that talk it seems ironic that it was a cooked boiled egg that took him out.

Even in death these CAC run with fake news just for click bait. What an evil world smh.

RIP P. "They can never feel your pain".

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
ayo, they reporting he died because he choked on a boiled egg. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. These are CAC sources at the end of the day but after 20 years of talking that talk it seems ironic that it was a cooked boiled egg that took him out.

Even in death these CAC run with fake news just for click bait. What an evil world smh.

I believe it's the sickle cell. The temperature at his last concert/show was really high. His sickle cell started acting up and he had to be hospitalized.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I believe it's the sickle cell. The temperature at his last concert/show was really high. His sickle cell started acting up and he had to be hospitalized.
I read that people with sickle cell die around 50-60. I guess he was going to die relatively young considering our older generation averagly makes it into their mid 80s disease free. He was going to pass younger than average anyway but it's still a shock regardless. His disease must of been more servere coupled with touring constantly made his body weaker. RIP.P.

Kasper KArr

Go-getter from the Lower East Side
Daps
Isnt that Havoc between P and Pac?
Damn I'm not sure bro. Could be but I'm so use to seeing a bald Hav so idk. I'll try n see to confirm.

If pac was alive we woulda been on the same time got bigga fish to fry than bytch supreme

-Prodigy

Sleep well thun
Can you imagine if Mobb Deep had reacted a different way to the Outlawz trying to holla at them at that concert? :blessed:

RIP P :to:

Yeah man so much shyt would have played out differently. shyt, I remember Prodigy saying E Money Bags was gonna set up a meeting between him and Pac but then PAC got killed. Smh

Here's E Money Bagz x Pac

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I read that people with sickle cell die around 50-60. I guess he was going to die relatively young considering our older generation averagly makes it into their mid 80s disease free. He was going to pass younger than average anyway but it's still a shock regardless. His disease must of been more servere coupled with touring constantly made his body weaker. RIP.P.

Actually alot of people with sickle cell die even much sooner. Prodigy and T-Boz(of TLC) were fortunate to live as long as they did. And i guess while they were growing up they were fortunate to have improvements in health care that helped them live longer.

I just googled this and this is from 1994 and i know its 2017 now but this is eerie as fukk...

RESULTS: Among children and adults with sickle cell anemia (homozygous for sickle hemoglobin), the median age at death was 42 years for males and 48 years for females. Among those with sickle cell-hemoglobin C disease, the median age at death was 60 years for males and 68 years for females.Jun 9, 1994

:wow:

Edub

Veteran
Daps

Sounds like it was a combination of both.....the entire west has been under crazy heat index....Phoenix hit 118 the other day....Vegas couldn't be far behind........sounds like it just created the perfect storm for poor conditions for Prodigy.......and after a while I'm guessing a man just gets tired.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Actually alot of people with sickle cell die even much sooner. Prodigy and T-Boz(of TLC) were fortunate to live as long as they did. And i guess while they were growing up they were fortunate to have improvements in health care that helped them live longer.

I just googled this and this is from 1994 and i know its 2017 now but this is eerie as fukk...

RESULTS: Among children and adults with sickle cell anemia (homozygous for sickle hemoglobin), the median age at death was 42 years for males and 48 years for females. Among those with sickle cell-hemoglobin C disease, the median age at death was 60 years for males and 68 years for females.Jun 9, 1994

:wow:
Wow

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

http://thahiphopdoctor.blogspot.com/2008/02/interview-with-prodigy-on-sickle-cell.html

well its confirmed..now i know he had the worst of the sickle cells

straight from his own mouth

Prodigy: I mean basically, I was diagnosed with sickle cell when I was 3 months old. I have the worse type of sickle cell… the “SS” type. If I don’t take care of myself and do the right things, I will experience a severely painful sickle cell crisis; all my joints hurt; it’s a bad scene. Before I really knew how to take care of myself I was in and out of the hospital…they had me on morphine for pain; IV’s in my arm; couldn’t get comfortable for days at a time…it was really hard on my body.

H2D: Are you taking any medicines right now?

Prodigy: Nahhhh! I don’t take none of these medicines that they try to say is good to take for sickle cell. All I do is try to have a healthy diet as much as possible; I drink water like a fish, eat healthy, and I notice that since I’ve been doing that for the past seven to eight years, I don’t get sick as much as I use too. If I do get sick, it’s really because of something I’m doing wrong. I really know my body and how to control it, know what I mean?
H2D: Yeah, that’s what’s up. Now, in 2000, you wrote the song “You Can Never Feel My Pain” on your first solo album, HNIC. This song really dealt with the harsh realities of sickle cell and how it affected you. Almost like sickle cell 101. What motivated you to write that piece?

Prodigy: Basically because at every Mobb Deep show, I would see somebody in the crowd, and they would yell to me like “Yo P, I got sickle cell too.” And they would ask how I was able to perform and do all that I do.” I always encourage my fans that they should reach for their goals and reach high when doing it; and to further this point I decided to drop something on my album to tell people about the pain that I and others with sickle cell suffer with, which is a handicap no different than living in poverty, but that its something you can escape.

H2D: I’m sure you know T-Boz has sickle cell. She was a national spokes person for the disease back in the day.

Prodigy: Yeah, I wanted T-Boz to get on that song with me. So I actually reached out to her, went down to Atlanta and played the song for her. She came to the studio, liked the song, but we both decided that it was best for me to roll with that approach. We had a long conversation about sickle cell and this drug called hydroxyurea. We talked about this drug and some the side effects. She had decided at the time to not take the medicine. I kinda felt like we were being used as guinea pigs when they try to come up with these new drugs. That’s why I really don’t take or promote some of the medicines.

:francis: you just know that right now T-Boz is getting spooked about this now...she probably remembers what he talked about in this interview

I gotta go look at old interviews to see if she said if she has the sickle cell trait or sickle anemia....cause those statistics are scary. I forget her age but maybe she is 2 years older than Prodigy..She better watch it

Edit: She is 47 years old :snoop:

Last edited:

Kasper KArr

Go-getter from the Lower East Side
Daps
http://thahiphopdoctor.blogspot.com/2008/02/interview-with-prodigy-on-sickle-cell.html

well its confirmed..now i know he had the worst of the sickle cells

straight from his own mouth

Prodigy: I mean basically, I was diagnosed with sickle cell when I was 3 months old. I have the worse type of sickle cell… the “SS” type. If I don’t take care of myself and do the right things, I will experience a severely painful sickle cell crisis; all my joints hurt; it’s a bad scene. Before I really knew how to take care of myself I was in and out of the hospital…they had me on morphine for pain; IV’s in my arm; couldn’t get comfortable for days at a time…it was really hard on my body.

H2D: Are you taking any medicines right now?

Prodigy: Nahhhh! I don’t take none of these medicines that they try to say is good to take for sickle cell. All I do is try to have a healthy diet as much as possible; I drink water like a fish, eat healthy, and I notice that since I’ve been doing that for the past seven to eight years, I don’t get sick as much as I use too. If I do get sick, it’s really because of something I’m doing wrong. I really know my body and how to control it, know what I mean?
H2D: Yeah, that’s what’s up. Now, in 2000, you wrote the song “You Can Never Feel My Pain” on your first solo album, HNIC. This song really dealt with the harsh realities of sickle cell and how it affected you. Almost like sickle cell 101. What motivated you to write that piece?

Prodigy: Basically because at every Mobb Deep show, I would see somebody in the crowd, and they would yell to me like “Yo P, I got sickle cell too.” And they would ask how I was able to perform and do all that I do.” I always encourage my fans that they should reach for their goals and reach high when doing it; and to further this point I decided to drop something on my album to tell people about the pain that I and others with sickle cell suffer with, which is a handicap no different than living in poverty, but that its something you can escape.

H2D: I’m sure you know T-Boz has sickle cell. She was a national spokes person for the disease back in the day.

Prodigy: Yeah, I wanted T-Boz to get on that song with me. So I actually reached out to her, went down to Atlanta and played the song for her. She came to the studio, liked the song, but we both decided that it was best for me to roll with that approach. We had a long conversation about sickle cell and this drug called hydroxyurea. We talked about this drug and some the side effects. She had decided at the time to not take the medicine. I kinda felt like we were being used as guinea pigs when they try to come up with these new drugs. That’s why I really don’t take or promote some of the medicines.

:francis: you just know that right now T-Boz is getting spooked about this now...she probably remembers what he talked about in this interview

I gotta go look at old interviews to see if she said if she has the sickle cell trait or sickle anemia....cause those statistics are scary. I forget her age but maybe she is 2 years older than Prodigy..She better watch it

Edit: She is 47 years old :snoop:
Damn that's crazy. Sickle cell is no fukking joke!