RJ BARRETT SIGNS A MULTI YEAR SHOE DEAL WITH PUMA

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you know they didn't do this deal months ago? They've got a whole rollout with Barrett. they probably had to get permits and shyt for that hot dog cart and also that painting wasn't done in a day most likely. Of course Nike could announce their deal with Cam immediately because they didn't do anything but send out a few press releases and use an old ass Duke photo on his instagram.

Yea but Puma isn’t a good look for a player of RJ stature

Nike invests in players early probably what they locked in Cam despite having a disappointing college year and dropping in the draft

Even Jordan signed Rui Hachimura

Maybe the sneakerhead in me just doesn’t wanna see Puma shoes on Knicks players :beli:

I’m still mad Nike didn’t sign D Rose :snoop:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You always gotta make your cam reddish bias known huh:what: somehow I think this thread was made to throw a shot at RJ.

It’s just cause when I was high on Cam before the draft and had him as a good player (better than people were making him out to be) for the Knicks needs I got negged and basically banned from the thread.

It any bias I like Nike/Jordan over any brand. I’m just disappointed not a shot at RJ

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It’s just cause when I was high on Cam before the draft and had him as a good player (better than people were making him out to be) for the Knicks needs I got negged and basically banned from the thread.

It any bias I like Nike/Jordan over any brand. I’m just disappointed not a shot at RJ
:russ::mjlol: We didn’t ban you from the thread. Stop lying breh.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
RJ interview about signing with Puma.

Knicks Rookie RJ Barrett Talks Signing With PUMA and NBA Goals

New York Knicks rookie, RJ Barrett, announced his multiyear deal with PUMA yesterday in the Big Apple.

The third overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft pulled up to a parking garage on 31st Street, just across the street from his new home of Madison Square Garden to hand out hot dogs and “NY ❤️ RJ” tees. Dripped head to toe in PUMA gear, the Toronto native was very much taking it all in, signing all sorts of memorabilia, taking selfies with fans and gawking at the mural that featured his smiling face.

RJ joins an ever-growing roster at PUMA Hoops, one that features five of the top-15 draft picks from a year ago, including the No. 9 overall pick and RJ’s teammate, Knicks’ second-year forward Kevin Knox. Let’s also not forget the original PUMA basketball athlete, Knickerbocker legend and style icon Walt “Clyde” Frazier.

With DeMarcus Cousins, the would-be/should-be face of PUMA Hoops, recently suffering yet serious another injury, RJ is certainly in line to become the brand’s star basketball signee, especially since he’s in the biggest media market there is. Before he can be that marquee athlete for PUMA however, he’s got to be a marquee player for the Knicks.

We got a chance to speak with RJ for a few short moments, discussing his PUMA deal, what he’d want in a signature sneaker, goals for the upcoming season and more. As we opened the door to the Sprinter Van he was waiting for us in, we were immediately greeted with a large, genuine smile and a “HYPEBEASSSSTTTTT, what’s up?!” This 19-year-old is ready for the spotlight.

When meeting with shoe brands this summer, what factors in the deal were important to you?
What was important for me was having a family type of feel and that’s definitely what I found here. Family is important because you can always make a shoe that’s comfortable, but the people that you’re going to be working with, that’s what’s important to me.

What did you like about the process of selecting a footwear partner?
I liked hearing and seeing what the brands have because you don’t really get to see everything on the outside. So once I started to really dive in, I was very surprised.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F08%2Frj-barrett-puma-interview-shoe-deal-sneaker-contract-4.jpg

rj-barrett-puma-interview-shoe-deal-sneaker-contract-7.jpg

rj-barrett-puma-interview-shoe-deal-sneaker-contract-5.jpg

EDDIE LEE/HYPEBEAST

What didn’t you like about the process?
I mean, no one likes long meetings [laughs]. But it was very informative.

Besides the family vibes, what else made you sign with PUMA?
You see what I’m wearing now, I could wear this to the gym or I can wear this out, you know what I’m saying? I like that type of stuff. All of PUMA’s clothes and how they’re really invested in the culture, partnering with rappers and different types of artists. And on the court, I’ve been wearing PUMAs all summer and they’re really comfortable for me.

What’s Clyde Frazier like?
I met Clyde, he’s a great guy and wears some very nice suits [laughs]. It was an honor to meet him though. I call him Mr. PUMA.

Have you met JAY-Z yet?

I have not. He came to one of our Duke games, but no, not yet.

How excited were you to hear PUMA Hoops has a private jet for its players?
Yo, I just heard about the jet today, like five minutes ago [laughs].

Do you and PUMA talk about a signature line at all?
No, not really. Right now, I wouldn’t say so much, but maybe in a couple years. I’m a rookie, they need to see how I do, and see what happens, but hopefully down the line.

What would you want in an RJ Barrett signature sneaker?
Comfort, I love comfort. The shoes I wear have a lot of cushion in them. I want everyone to feel like they’re walking on a cloud [laughs]. And I like low-cuts, that’s what I normally play in. So all I know right now is low-cut and really comfortable.

If you could collaborate with any designer or artist on a PUMA sneaker or apparel, who would it be and what would it look like?
Honestly, I have no idea, no clue. I’m not going to lie, I have no clue.

Family member: Really? I can think of two people you would collaborate with, I’m going to say them but you don’t have to agree. One is Drake and the other would be Zendaya.

RJ smiles then cuffs his hand around his mouth as if to shout: Drake and Zendaya!

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F08%2Frj-barrett-puma-interview-shoe-deal-sneaker-contract-2.jpg

EDDIE LEE/HYPEBEAST

On to basketball, what part or parts of your game have you been really focusing on this summer?
See that’s the thing, I’ve been working on everything. I want to be a complete player by the time my career is over. Whether it’s finishing more with my right hand or knocking down my jump shot consistently; I’ve been working on everything.

For your rookie season, what do you hope to accomplish, both on the court with the Knicks and off-court with PUMA?
With PUMA, it’s about to be our second season in basketball, so we just want it to explode, to get it out there. I want everyone rocking PUMA. And for myself, I just want to learn the league, work hard and assert myself. Right now I’m at the bottom, so I’m just working to get to the top.

Do you and PUMA have plans for any charity or foundation initiatives?
We haven’t really talked about it yet. I don’t have all the details, but we definitely will be down the line. Once I get time to breathe, I’ll figure it out.

Ok, before we go, I’m going to give you a few names and I want you to describe them in five words or less…

Walt Frazier?
Mr. Puma.

Patrick Ewing?
New York legend.

Carmelo Anthony?
He’s a bucket!

RJ Barrett?
We might be here for awhile [laughs].

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Puma has been making moves in the basketball market the last year.

One of the smartest things they did was make the Clyde Court Cores in a ton of colors. Including Knicks colors.

D9bt6QSXkAI9Qmp.jpg
I’m going to the new flagship store on 49 and 5th after the gym this afternoon and trying them on . The wifey likes them as well . I’m coping a pair for us both if they are comfortable

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Puma has been making moves in the basketball market the last year.

One of the smartest things they did was make the Clyde Court Cores in a ton of colors. Including Knicks colors.

D9bt6QSXkAI9Qmp.jpg
:ehh:

Lucha Vandross

Rhythm & High Spots
Daps
RJ interview about signing with Puma.

Knicks Rookie RJ Barrett Talks Signing With PUMA and NBA Goals

New York Knicks rookie, RJ Barrett, announced his multiyear deal with PUMA yesterday in the Big Apple.

The third overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft pulled up to a parking garage on 31st Street, just across the street from his new home of Madison Square Garden to hand out hot dogs and “NY ❤️ RJ” tees. Dripped head to toe in PUMA gear, the Toronto native was very much taking it all in, signing all sorts of memorabilia, taking selfies with fans and gawking at the mural that featured his smiling face.

RJ joins an ever-growing roster at PUMA Hoops, one that features five of the top-15 draft picks from a year ago, including the No. 9 overall pick and RJ’s teammate, Knicks’ second-year forward Kevin Knox. Let’s also not forget the original PUMA basketball athlete, Knickerbocker legend and style icon Walt “Clyde” Frazier.

With DeMarcus Cousins, the would-be/should-be face of PUMA Hoops, recently suffering yet serious another injury, RJ is certainly in line to become the brand’s star basketball signee, especially since he’s in the biggest media market there is. Before he can be that marquee athlete for PUMA however, he’s got to be a marquee player for the Knicks.

We got a chance to speak with RJ for a few short moments, discussing his PUMA deal, what he’d want in a signature sneaker, goals for the upcoming season and more. As we opened the door to the Sprinter Van he was waiting for us in, we were immediately greeted with a large, genuine smile and a “HYPEBEASSSSTTTTT, what’s up?!” This 19-year-old is ready for the spotlight.

When meeting with shoe brands this summer, what factors in the deal were important to you?
What was important for me was having a family type of feel and that’s definitely what I found here. Family is important because you can always make a shoe that’s comfortable, but the people that you’re going to be working with, that’s what’s important to me.

What did you like about the process of selecting a footwear partner?
I liked hearing and seeing what the brands have because you don’t really get to see everything on the outside. So once I started to really dive in, I was very surprised.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F08%2Frj-barrett-puma-interview-shoe-deal-sneaker-contract-4.jpg

rj-barrett-puma-interview-shoe-deal-sneaker-contract-7.jpg

rj-barrett-puma-interview-shoe-deal-sneaker-contract-5.jpg

EDDIE LEE/HYPEBEAST

What didn’t you like about the process?
I mean, no one likes long meetings [laughs]. But it was very informative.

Besides the family vibes, what else made you sign with PUMA?
You see what I’m wearing now, I could wear this to the gym or I can wear this out, you know what I’m saying? I like that type of stuff. All of PUMA’s clothes and how they’re really invested in the culture, partnering with rappers and different types of artists. And on the court, I’ve been wearing PUMAs all summer and they’re really comfortable for me.

What’s Clyde Frazier like?
I met Clyde, he’s a great guy and wears some very nice suits [laughs]. It was an honor to meet him though. I call him Mr. PUMA.

Have you met JAY-Z yet?

I have not. He came to one of our Duke games, but no, not yet.

How excited were you to hear PUMA Hoops has a private jet for its players?
Yo, I just heard about the jet today, like five minutes ago [laughs].

Do you and PUMA talk about a signature line at all?
No, not really. Right now, I wouldn’t say so much, but maybe in a couple years. I’m a rookie, they need to see how I do, and see what happens, but hopefully down the line.

What would you want in an RJ Barrett signature sneaker?
Comfort, I love comfort. The shoes I wear have a lot of cushion in them. I want everyone to feel like they’re walking on a cloud [laughs]. And I like low-cuts, that’s what I normally play in. So all I know right now is low-cut and really comfortable.

If you could collaborate with any designer or artist on a PUMA sneaker or apparel, who would it be and what would it look like?
Honestly, I have no idea, no clue. I’m not going to lie, I have no clue.

Family member: Really? I can think of two people you would collaborate with, I’m going to say them but you don’t have to agree. One is Drake and the other would be Zendaya.

RJ smiles then cuffs his hand around his mouth as if to shout: Drake and Zendaya!

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F08%2Frj-barrett-puma-interview-shoe-deal-sneaker-contract-2.jpg

EDDIE LEE/HYPEBEAST

On to basketball, what part or parts of your game have you been really focusing on this summer?
See that’s the thing, I’ve been working on everything. I want to be a complete player by the time my career is over. Whether it’s finishing more with my right hand or knocking down my jump shot consistently; I’ve been working on everything.

For your rookie season, what do you hope to accomplish, both on the court with the Knicks and off-court with PUMA?
With PUMA, it’s about to be our second season in basketball, so we just want it to explode, to get it out there. I want everyone rocking PUMA. And for myself, I just want to learn the league, work hard and assert myself. Right now I’m at the bottom, so I’m just working to get to the top.

Do you and PUMA have plans for any charity or foundation initiatives?
We haven’t really talked about it yet. I don’t have all the details, but we definitely will be down the line. Once I get time to breathe, I’ll figure it out.

Ok, before we go, I’m going to give you a few names and I want you to describe them in five words or less…

Walt Frazier?
Mr. Puma.

Patrick Ewing?
New York legend.

Carmelo Anthony?
He’s a bucket!

RJ Barrett?
We might be here for awhile [laughs].
The Young breh genuinely has IT.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

We didn’t ban you but you keep tryin to throw subs at RJ when no in season games have been played . Why do this thread since your a cam fan , just do a thread about his nike deal

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
We didn’t ban you but you keep tryin to throw subs at RJ when no in season games have been played . Why do this thread since your a cam fan , just do a thread about his nike deal
cam nike deal is just a check in the mail some pe's & free gear ha

nike ain't giving shine to nobody but their signature athletes

puma right now is showing love to everyone they gotta compete beyond just money right now

some cats are stuck on being swooshgang or sticking to whatever they came up on

rj smart he knows pe's & free gear ain't enough ha

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cam nike deal is just a check in the mail some pe's & free gear ha

nike ain't giving shine to nobody but their signature athletes

puma right now is showing love to everyone they gotta compete beyond just money right now

some cats are stuck on being swooshgang or sticking to whatever they came up on

rj smart he knows pe's & free gear ain't enough ha

I’m talking about @DoubleClutch he trying to play the victim like he’s not taking shots at rj still . We get it he loves cam so why is he making this thread sayin why didn’t nike sign him instead of cam then trying to be like oh this isn’t a shot

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
I’m talking about @DoubleClutch he trying to play the victim like he’s not taking shots at rj still . We get it he loves cam so why is he making this thread sayin why didn’t nike sign him instead of cam then trying to be like oh this isn’t a shot
ha aye cam is a bucket

but it's not necessary to talk down on rj at this point

i wasn't a fan to be real but he's on the squad so bless up

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The RS-X is also one of the hottest casual sneakers on the market and affordable.

They have the hottest tracksuits and nice basic tees with classic logo.

They have the collabs with the car manufacturers (BMW, Ferrari). They got the hip-hop plugs (Meek, A-Boogie, Nipsey, Big Sean, Roc Nation).

Puma got the juice in a major way overall right now :wow:

Idk I should be mad or happy you put me on those RX’s. I been trying not to spend. But once I saw them bytches I wanted them. I finally just copped them today

• Dap
Reactions: ISO