RNC warns donors to steer clear of the KOCHS

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
So...is this a space to push Get Money Out of Politics as a philosophy for some righties now? It's one priority where I could actually see a bridge.
Mercers moved in with Trump.

They're just switching their sourcing. :mjlol:

All that libertarian/tea party talk only works when Dems are running government.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Mercers moved in with Trump.

They're just switching their sourcing. :mjlol:

All that libertarian/tea party talk only works when Dems are running government.

I'm not talking about the actual Republican Machine changing, I'm saying this is a place to use their own rhetoric to put the idea in their supporters' heads. They're warning about the Kochs "weaponizing" their data and money against the Republican party so I'm looking at it like reaching out and saying "hey guys, we don't gotta agree on anything else but let's not let the Kochs or other big donors (Soros is their boogieman) to control politicians with money. Trump played to this, the tea party played this idea and now the RNC themselves are playing into it; it just feels like the right time to go Dicaprio in Inception and start them talking about it. Not even on a "let's join forces tip" just on a "let's get them talking about the policy" ish.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I'm not talking about the actual Republican Machine changing, I'm saying this is a place to use their own rhetoric to put the idea in their supporters' heads. They're warning about the Kochs "weaponizing" their data and money against the Republican party so I'm looking at it like reaching out and saying "hey guys, we don't gotta agree on anything else but let's not let the Kochs or other big donors (Soros is their boogieman) to control politicians with money. Trump played to this, the tea party played this idea and now the RNC themselves are playing into it; it just feels like the right time to go Dicaprio in Inception and start them talking about it. Not even on a "let's join forces tip" just on a "let's get them talking about the policy" ish.

Tea Party was funded by the Koch network

Freedom Caucus are all Koch heads

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tea Party was funded by the Koch network

Freedom Caucus are all Koch heads

I'm not talking about the politicians here. Just the people who bought in to the rhetoric and were looking for a change from status quo. Again, I ain't even looking at these people as partners; but you can plant the seed that a policy to get money out of politics will erase the status quo politicians and I don't think the supporters would go "but we need the Kochs" because most of them were in denial about Koch involvement to begin with. Having the Koch network push "George Soros money is behind this" could actually be advantageous now that the Koch's are being pushed as villlains for their money using the same narrative. "The only way to protect politics from the interference of these big money guys is to keep their money away" seems like a simple enough message that doesn't have a partisan lean (just for the voters for now).

Put it this way, if the GOP's hand is forced to act on Russia or against Trump's wishes as elections approach and they got Trump coming at them combined with this Koch battle; having the right seed planted could potentially get them to direct their rage and furor toward something that's actually advantageous. Not voting for Dems or anything like that, but in demanding rhetoric from their side that includes "big donors bad" which could snowball.

Last edited:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
russotnabro.jpg

It's a swerve, bro

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
This is just an effort to excise the libertarian wing of the party because they know with Trump's current govts ineffectual response and the looming recession is going to be bad for them. And they don't want to risk a voter split among key demos that could turn any elections.

ROLLTIDE4EVER

Rookie
Daps
Just be thankful the Kochs waste their $$$ on politics and not more effective venues of policy and change. Nothing about Trump would indicate Koch influence. LOL @ excercising Libertarianism. GOP needs Libertarians much more than the other way around. Libertarianism is gaining victories slowly by the state. We have states screaming state rights over marijuana, Blockchain is becoming a powerful tech force, and Gary Johnson is going to become senator from New Mexico. Meanwhile Kane just won mayor of Knox County.