Roger Goodell on Tunsil debacles: "I think it's all part of what makes the draft so exciting."

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
:dead:

So you watched Laremy Tunsil's life unfold in real time on social media, on TV and in the green room (hack, wheeze) on Thursday night, and the NFL won because of it.

It was the most exciting, bonkers and confusing first round in recent memory. Tunsil's social media disaster was a big reason for it.

[]

What did Roger Goodell think of all this, watching the draft unfold from his holy chambers in Draft Heights? Here's an interesting quote, via ESPN, from Goodell on Friday morning:

"I think it's all part of what makes the draft so exciting. Clubs make decisions. Sometimes they take risks. Sometimes they do the right things. Sometimes they don't, and we'll see. Hopefully he is going to turn our to be a great young player."

The thing is, he's not wrong. We live for the unexpected moments, the big slides and the WTF moments. It does make the draft exciting. Tunstil was all anyone wanted to talk about on social media.

Even still, we're not sure Goodell should be saying this here. Where's the empathy for a 20-year-old kid who was digitally ambushed by someone will sinister motives?

Others, like ESPN's Jim Trotter, agree with us.

I shouldn't be, but I am amazed that the face of the NFL could be so cavalier about a low-life attempt to shame and destroy a kid.

— Jim Trotter (@JimTrotter_NFL) April 29, 2016
There's no doubt about it: Tunsil was sloppy. He smoked pot in a World War II-like gas mask and recorded it to video. And he didn't erase it. For that misstep, whether it happened two years ago or earlier on draft day, he deserves to be called out for clear and unenviable stupidity.

But Goodell almost seems to be rooting for players' stupidity here. It feels very strange for the commissioner to be saying, in essence, "the NFL wins again!" but also that verbal finger wag that Goodell has become so good at unleashing.

Tunsil stands to lose as much as $10 million for his fall. Of course, to Goodell that was his post-tax quarterly income for last winter. Not a huge deal.

Roger Goodell had an odd quote about the Laremy Tunsil video

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
The damn fans were getting on my nerve booing Goodell EVERY time he got on stage.

Boo him the first couple of times and be done with it or just dont applaud him and applaud everyone else that sets foot on the stage. FIne! But going out of your way to boo him every time shows you're already giving him too much of your attention. If i was him i would have hit the fans with the

sterntrollin_medium.gif

and shout out "checks aint bounce yet, f@ggots." :russ:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His biggest problem other then being a scumbag is he seems socially awkward and not quick on his feet and always seems to say the wrong things

The face of a league should be a polished individual who can at least be smooth when he's lying to you. Goodell can't even lie right

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
The damn fans were getting on my nerve booing Goodell EVERY time he got on stage.

Boo him the first couple of times and be done with it or just dont applaud him and applaud everyone else that sets foot on the stage. Going out of your way to boo him every time shows you're already giving him too much of your attention.
If i was him i would have hit the fans with the

sterntrollin_medium.gif

Checks aint bounce yet, f@ggots.

All I could think about everytime he got bood last night was, he ain't even do anything to Chicago. New Orleans or Boston will never host a draft. Goodell ass would get a gumbo pot thrown at him or doused with some clam chowder :russ:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Some of y'all get your hate on so hard it don't matter what Goodell says you're reaction is gonna be fukk him. There ain't nothing wrong with that quote. Look at the full fukking quote

"I think it's all part of what makes the draft so exciting. Clubs make decisions. Sometimes they take risks. Sometimes they do the right things. Sometimes they don't, and we'll see. Hopefully he is going to turn our to be a great young player."

He ain't rooting for the fukking kids to do dumb shyt. The kid did dumb shyt, someone caught his ass up on it, and we all sat here stuck to our screens waiting to see what happened. Hopefully the cat does well, but if he don't we all some how dumb he can be.....and hopefully a few kids learned that you don't record yourself doing dumb shyt. Not everything needs to be documented

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Goodall making $40 million per year. He don't give a fukk about these players.
He does.

Hes not on their side but he does care. Fans dont pay to see owners. They pay to see players play. There is a reason why Goodell is so involved in promoting youth football programs. He knows without players his business has nothing to sell.