Rogue Legacy (Linux, Mac, Windows, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Vita)

Daps
gamelogo.png

What is Rogue Legacy?

• A rogue-"lite" game for PC, Mac and Linux. Now available for PS3, PS4, and PS Vita.
  • You will die, but your children will avenge you. They might be genetically deficient, but that's ok. You still love your colour-blind baby. Or do you?
  • A procedurally generated castle. Every playthrough is different.
  • Over 8 classes to choose from. Each class has unique abilities which change the way you play the game.
  • Every time you play you get a little stronger. Never back to square 1.
  • Find tons of loot and deck your dood OUT.
  • Massive Skill tree? What? Yup.
  • New game+? Zup? Yup.
  • Equip runes and customize your character however you want. Wanna fly? GO FOR IT!
  • Got a controller? Play with a controller. Big Picture ready!
  • Fart Jokes. Or not... Depends on how much you hate children with I.B.S.
  • Clowns.
  • PlayStation Feature: Fully supports cross-buy and cross-save. Buy once, play anywhere!
  • PlayStation Feature: Uses the Vita touch screen, and Dualshock 4 touchpad and lightbar in unique ways.
  • PlayStation Feature: Complete achievement list with a Platinum trophy.

http://roguelegacy.com/

Windows Demo: http://www.indiedb.com/members/cellardoorgames/downloads/rogue-legacy-demo-v102

Soundtrack: http://tettixashellinthepit.bandcamp.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CellarDoorGames

Last edited:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
This thread is gonna get overlooked like crazy, but this is a great game. Anyone who likes Spelunky should own this game.

I misunderstood the concept of this game and thought it was a straight forward 2D ARPG. I had got buyers remorse when I kept dying not realizing that the point of the game is to get stronger though death and experience. Once I got the hang of it I'm like :noah: now.

Its hard but fun.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
I copped this on ps4. The game is hard as fukk but I love it. The first boss fukked me up :mjlol:
I bought this on PC a while ago, man this was my shyt for about 4 months. Game had me sweating bullets the whole damn time. The final boss damn near made me put my hand threw my screen. Dude was on some other shyt, but once I got strong enough, I bopped that dude, shyt was still hard, but I finally got over the hump.

Some of those elemental magicians be on some straight up bullshyt lol.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I pre-order, was playing on release day at work on my vita :ohlawd: it got me frustrated at first but now I get it.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I've been playing this nonstop since Monday night and completed my first run through tonight. fukking great game.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Have not been able to stop playing since I bought it. I've been nerfing my guy for the last two bosses, because they are no joke. My favorite classes are the Lich, Barbarian and miner (once you get the upgrade to see all of the chests on the map, you'll be able to grab a ton of cash to upgrade every time you have one). I actually get a lot closer to beating the underground boss (blob thing) than the tower boss right now and I think with a Hokage or a Lich post-MP swap with maxed stats, I'll be able to get through the boss fights.

Have yall tried the remix bosses? I can't beat Khidr even.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Have not been able to stop playing since I bought it. I've been nerfing my guy for the last two bosses, because they are no joke. My favorite classes are the Lich, Barbarian and miner (once you get the upgrade to see all of the chests on the map, you'll be able to grab a ton of cash to upgrade every time you have one). I actually get a lot closer to beating the underground boss (blob thing) than the tower boss right now and I think with a Hokage or a Lich post-MP swap with maxed stats, I'll be able to get through the boss fights.

Have yall tried the remix bosses? I can't beat Khidr even.
Hell no!
Them cats at triple my level. Lol

fukking "Ponce De Leon" benn getting at me, and his punk ass is a few levels lower than mine.
This shyt is fukked up.....but Fun. Lol

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Hell no!
Them cats at triple my level. Lol

fukking "Ponce De Leon" benn getting at me, and his punk ass is a few levels lower than mine.
This shyt is fukked up.....but Fun. Lol

I've gotten closer to beating Neo Khidr than Ponce De Leon...I feel like he's the toughest boss I've faced including the fourth boss too. I have strategies for everyone except for friggin' Ponce De Leon, I'm gonna jack up my strength and try to rush him with a hokage even though I think the Dragon class might work better (I just don't like using it much and I haven't put much in my mp skills).

This game is super hard, but hell yeah it's fun. I pick some traits even though I know it's tougher. Rocking with dementia is hilarious.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
I've gotten closer to beating Neo Khidr than Ponce De Leon...I feel like he's the toughest boss I've faced including the fourth boss too. I have strategies for everyone except for friggin' Ponce De Leon, I'm gonna jack up my strength and try to rush him with a hokage even though I think the Dragon class might work better (I just don't like using it much and I haven't put much in my mp skills).

This game is super hard, but hell yeah it's fun. I pick some traits even though I know it's tougher. Rocking with dementia is hilarious.
:mjlol:
Got one that said my female barbarian was gay. Lol!!!
That Dementia fukked me up last night. I'm swinging on enemies and it's missing. Lol :troll:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I finally beat this ish (still gotta beat the neo bosses and I just started new game + though...addicted). I went through 150 kids basically spent half of those jacking up my stats and nerfing my guy without even bothering with bosses but I have some strategy advice for bosses if anyone needs help on a particular cat...

Khidr - Really it's just pattern recognition. I'd equip a dash rune or two and use a either a samurai or a barbarian (samurai's if you trust that you can avoid getting hit and barbarian if you're the opposite and want to try to rush damage). Don't guess, react...that's about it.

Alexander - Try to get a few vampire runes going in. If you can get the flames spell, it's really helpful too (if you have runes that sap mp and hp both it helps a lot). I did a lot of dashing from end to end and focused on killing the little guys with mana attacks. Don't get hit by the big one's orb attack (shouldn't be too difficult if you focus on that).

Ponce De Leon - You want a fast character and you'll want flight runes. Patience wins with this one (and the next). I made big sweeping circles from end to end, because it spread the flames a bit and left me room to turn back strike and run. The magic sword attack (where you place a big blade the shield you) can do a lot of damage here because he follows you. This was the toughest boss from me (final guys included but that could be because I grinded and leveled before them). In retrospect, a dragon may have been really good on this one but I used a hokage.

Herodotus - I honestly don't think this boss is THAT bad. I had a paladin with a dagger spell for him along with leeching (hp and mp sapping) runes and flight runes for mobility. The key is to not let too many enemies build up (which is why the dagger spell is useful, it won't hit multi-enemies). As soon as mages emerge, take them out. Try to get rid of the smaller blobs and get back to the big ones after you've eliminated the small groups. The spikes in the corners aren't so bad, just don't break the crates and use them as landing spots.

Johannes - You'll either want to max out a lich or use a barbarian bc you fight back to back bosses here. Don't waste all of your mp, he's not that tough. I beat him on my first try but wasted all of my MP and didn't have enough to rock with the Fountain after. Just avoid his mana attacks and strike when he gets close, having the sword (same as above) magic attack is really good against both the Fountain and this guy. I used a character with hypergonadism and a scythe attack to finally beat the boss combo, the trick was just standing in the corner and knocking him away as he closed in. From afar his magic was easy enough to dodge and when I finished him, there were still statues to break with some extra mp and health for the Fountain.

Fountain - By the time you reach him, his attacks shouldn't be that tough to dodge. He's huge and keeps coming forward so the sword attack or any launching attack (mana wise) is useful. Just be patient and avoid his attacks. He swings his sword pretty slowly so as he closes in you can rock him. There's no knockback when you hit him so that's good to keep in mind. Honestly, after beating the first four bosses, I kinda ran through the final two but I had OD'ed on leveling up my guys. Memorize what each motion he does means (they hint his attack and you'll want to know when the spear attack is coming) and you'll be able to handle dude.

Not many cats in this thread, but I used a lot of trial and error to figure these guys out so hopefully anyone struggling can just read these and get the help they need.