Roland Emmerich's Moonfall (2022)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was OK. As far as disaster films go, I think they could have shown more destruction and devastation. There was a lot of anticipation and panic, but then they didn't really deliver when it came to showing the true consequences of the things that were happening. Of course, a lot of this was just comic book science, but some of the concepts were kinda cool like
the idea of the moon being constructed by aliens or being hollow inside. I hope it spawns other stories because it's pretty brilliant.
But a lot of it was just silly, and they threw in some contrived drama on top of it with a bunch of
bad guys chasing the kids while the moon literally falls :comeon:
which will absolutely make some people laugh. Sound mixing was bad too. Couldn't hear a lot of the dialogue over the sounds of destruction. I didn't really get emotionally invested in anyone probably because of the mediocre/subpar dialogue. But still overall, it was entertaining and had some new and interesting ideas. So I'd give it a 5.5:ld:

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
@NobodyReally

where would you rank it out of all the big "world ending" disaster flicks in the last 20yrs? Like above below 2012, Day After Tomorrow, etc..

I kinda want to see it since it's a space flick, and I think those movies lose something on the small screen. But I don't wanna watch another garbage movie in the theaters so soon after matrix?

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
@NobodyReally

where would you rank it out of all the big "world ending" disaster flicks in the last 20yrs? Like above below 2012, Day After Tomorrow, etc..

I kinda want to see it since it's a space flick, and I think those movies lose something on the small screen. But I don't wanna watch another garbage movie in the theaters so soon after matrix?

Based on this list here: The 32 Greatest Disaster Movies of All Time

I'd say it's at the bottom end of disaster movies. I wouldn't recommend anyone run out to see it on the big screen. I saw this in IMAX and it doesn't really take advantage of the large screen format in terms of the calamity. There were some cool scenes but I expected way more for the scale of destruction going on.

I will say the space scenes are pretty neat and probably do look better on the big screen.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Based on this list here: The 32 Greatest Disaster Movies of All Time

I'd say it's at the bottom end of disaster movies. I wouldn't recommend anyone run out to see it on the big screen. I saw this in IMAX and it doesn't really take advantage of the large screen format in terms of the calamity. There were some cool scenes but I expected way more for the scale of destruction going on.

I will say the space scenes are pretty neat and probably do look better on the big screen.
:salute:
Damn. I'll wait for the itunes/streaming release then

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
This was OK. As far as disaster films go, I think they could have shown more destruction and devastation. There was a lot of anticipation and panic, but then they didn't really deliver when it came to showing the true consequences of the things that were happening. Of course, a lot of this was just comic book science, but some of the concepts were kinda cool like
the idea of the moon being constructed by aliens or being hollow inside. I hope it spawns other stories because it's pretty brilliant.
But a lot of it was just silly, and they threw in some contrived drama on top of it with a bunch of
bad guys chasing the kids while the moon literally falls :comeon:
which will absolutely make some people laugh. Sound mixing was bad too. Couldn't hear a lot of the dialogue over the sounds of destruction. I didn't really get emotionally invested in anyone probably because of the mediocre/subpar dialogue. But still overall, it was entertaining and had some new and interesting ideas. So I'd give it a 5.5:ld:
Wait.......so......you actually paid.....like with money......to go see this shyt? :dwillhuh:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Just seen this today, entertaining is best I could say. Seen a lot of stuff from other movies, doesn't surprise me though, any ELE type movie always has certain scenes. The end got weird, I'll probably grab it on 4K blu-ray when it drops for the sound and visuals.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
holy shyt went really bonkers in the second half even for a disaster movie:bryan:
Pretty much a remix of '2012' and ' ID4' with a little 'The Matrix' and 'Interstellar' thrown for seasoning.
We got the main stars being divorced, annoying kids, token Asians, a Karen, Fast Travel cheats
This movie will be a TNT staple in a couple of years
Even though they saved Earth I don't think there's much human life left:mjlol:

Last edited: