Romans were the original colonizers.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Damn. :why:

In spreading their empire, the Romans also aimed to transform those perceived as barbarians into complacent subjects. Tacitus outlines this process in his biography of his father-in-law, Agricola, who served as governor of Britain from 77-84 CE. Agricola urged the Britons to build temples, public spaces and homes, thereby making a people formerly ‘scattered and barbarous and therefore inclined to war’ accustomed ‘to rest and repose through the charms of luxury’. The Britons also learned to desire the eloquence of Latin, to wear the toga, and to receive Roman citizenship, but were drawn to the vices of the bath and fine dining. Tacitus concludes that this acculturation was part of their servitude.

Boudica the Warrior Queen - Aeon - Pocket

This shyt sounds just like the European colonization of Africa. :dwillhuh:

They did a good job keeping this history out of the mainstream. :wow:

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Damn. :why:

Boudica the Warrior Queen - Aeon - Pocket

This shyt sounds just like the European colonization of Africa. :dwillhuh:

They did a good job keeping this history out of the mainstream. :wow:

You never heard the story of Boudica? There is a history doc on her and the Romans in the British Isles that was on PBS years ago,

The rhetoric is something straight out of the White supremacist playbook.

Edit:
This may be it

GodsPerspective

Superstar
Daps
Yep :manny: this is taught in school though not really hidden
You were taught that white folks saw other white folks as intellectually inferior and barbaric?

I had to find that out on my own... young boy was out here thinking they were all united and shyt in school. The picture they paint for us is really far from reality

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You were taught that white folks saw other white folks as intellectually inferior and barbaric?

I had to find that out on my own... young boy was out here thinking they were all united and shyt in school. The picture they paint for us is really far from reality

we taught pacifist and blatant history in grade school.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

I had to find that out on my own, and history was one of my strongest subjects :francis:

If you had a black teacher that gave a shyt, they dropped knowledge. I remember when we got a new teacher in form 2 (9th grade for Americans, I think) and she taught history.

Even though she taught the syllabus, she made sure to point out the hypocrisy of the text books and all the European depictions of happy smiling slaves and challenged us to understand that you can't discover something with folk on it already and claim it only came about when you landed there, al'a ChrisThief Columbus.

That same teacher migrated from the highschool to the college and went even more ham when we did Western Civilization and most of us took the class taught by her, not the white historian who drank under the table and used to give students he didn't like B-Minus papers.

All%20Hail_zpsx48vnlic.gif

Rest in Peace, #24.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps

Absolutely. That's where the term barbaric comes from. "Barbare"-> bar bar = what the Ancient Greeks were hearing when they listened to those other people talk. Gibberish to them. They thought the ancestors of English, French, etc... were legit retarded, violent, unsophisticated and backwards as people.

The Romans believed that by adopting Roman cultures, those barbaric people could be elevated though.

Learned all that in class ~11 y/o

America might be on that bs though wouldn't be surprising

GodsPerspective

Superstar
Daps
Absolutely. That's where the term barbaric comes from. "Barbare"-> bar bar = what the Ancient Greeks were hearing when they listened to those other people talk. They thought the ancestors of English, French, etc... were legit retarded, violent, unsophisticated and backwards as people.

The Romans believed that by adopting Roman cultures, those barbaric people could be elevated though.

Learned all that in class ~11 y/o

America might be on that bs though wouldn't be surprising

Hmmm, you were very lucky I guess

GodsPerspective

Superstar
Daps
If you had a black teacher that gave a shyt, they dropped knowledge. I remember when we got a new teacher in form 2 (9th grade for Americans, I think) and she taught history.

Even though she taught the syllabus, she made sure to point out the hypocrisy of the text books and all the European depictions of happy smiling slaves and challenged us to understand that you can't discover something with folk on it already and claim it only came about when you landed there, al'a ChrisThief Columbus.

That same teacher migrated from the highschool to the college and went even more ham when we did Western Civilization and most of us took the class taught by her, not the white historian who drank under the table and used to give students he didn't like B-Minus papers.

And this is why we can’t have cacs teaching our kids. It’s counterintuitive. They’re going to let their pride come in the way of giving black students a true education. This starts by teaching that blacks and other minorities have always been inferior to whites. But leaving out that white folk thought each other to be inferior. It’s devastating propaganda

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
This doesn't sound like European colonization at all I don't remember them trying try to assimilate the local population instead they extracted all the wealth and resources out of their colonies and then used them as a market for their goods :patrice:

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
Romans were colonizers yes, but they were colonizers who truly made their subjects Romans--not the half-baked integration we had here. Hell, by the end of the 1st century AD, most Roman emperors weren't even ethnic Romans or Italians. Truly a world empire in every sense of the word.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Yeah look up the Gracchi bros

They said “hey stop treating minorities like shyt and assimilate them so we don’t have to keep going broke putting down their rebellions”

Pleb Romans said “ naw we still want Roman supremacy over other people” and they voted for patricians and killed the brothers

Patricians violently HATED plebs
Cincinnati is named after a Roman patrician dictator who HATED working class people and G. Washington wanted to be like him so bad

Jeshaman

All Star
Daps
Yup. The Brits were some Barbarians that coloured themselves in blue, drove wack as chariots and to the Romans were disgusting cultural deficient beasts. It is not really hidden' history is just an underrated subject.