Room (2015) starring Brie Larson

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
just got back and i gotta say the lead kid actor might be the most obnoxious ever on screen. he made me yearn for breh from act 1 of The Babadook. it made it hard to feel bad for him sometimes.
it was kinda dark and creepy and suspenseful for the first 45 min..and then the last 70 min were suspenseless. imagine the rest of the movie after they get out being Castaway after Tom Hanks returned home. Kinda got prisoners/gone girl vibes as well. I almost expected it to turn cliche and have dude come back and hunt them again. but he was never mentioned at all other than briefly on a TV news report. It was good overall defintely interesting i just wish the suspense had lasted longer. 4/5

Last edited:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
just wanted to come in here and see if brie got naked in this...after them fappening leaks dropped of her i've been tryna see her nude with movie lighting :wow:
just got back and i gotta say the lead kid actor might be the most obnovious ever on screen. he made me yearn for breh from act 1 of The Babadook. it made it hard to feel bad for him sometimes.
it was kinda dark and creepy and suspenseful for the first 45 min..and then the last 70 min were suspenseless. imagine the rest of the movie after they get out being Castaway after Tom Hanks returned home. Kinda got prisoners/gone girl vibes as well. I almost expected it to turn cliche and have dude come back and hunt them again. but he was never mentioned at all other than briefly on a TV news report. It was okay overall defintely interesting i just wish the suspense had lasted longer
:dahell:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
powerful flick.. definitely getting a best picture nom. Was dope how they didnt end it after
they escape the room
and showed the aftermath. Movie takes you on a ride from :lupe: to :sadbron: to :krs:to :wow:
They couldn't have ended it breh it was 40 min in.

Its in my top 10 for sure.
I was a little :mjcry: when they reunited after the escape in the cop car

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My thoughts on this. Spoilers

I like this film. But I like it more because of camera work, symbolism more then anything. First, off, Jack is gonna grow up to be Jacquline. Nigguh looked like a transgender just about the whole film. His rapist father should have made her cut that nigguh hair at some point. But on serious note, the camera work in here throughout was dope. The dopest part was when Jack was in the back of truck and saw the sky for the first time. Just powerful. And I loved the looking up at the sky, through windows, the whole movies. Even him watching Dora (though it would have been better for him to watch Diego. But like I said, that niguh destined to be a transgender. So of this escapism character. Even though he's trapped in this room. 2nd, half after the escape wasn't as good to me. It was cool but not as good as the first half. If they would have went in depth of how they felt after coming home. It would have been dope. Would have loved to explore how the father felt about having a grandson who was the product of rape. More conflict of them adjusting. Not saying it was bad I would have loved for it to be more in depth. But bottom line loved symbolism, cinemotography, was dope. B+