Roscoe Dash wrote for Kanye and Wale without getting credit

Daps
Reppin
NULL
roscoe is str trash but even though he went about it wrong why niccaaz actin like he did some foul ish by puttin that out there:heh:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Demons fighting over who did an adlib and wrote a hook for some satanic garbage of a song. There is no loyalty in the demonic realm. They will turn on each other over the recognition of an adlib. There was clearly no love in those adlibs, friends. :heh:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I don't agree with how Roscoe handled but it's true. Dudes don't be giving the proper credit on songs. Roscoe should of been in publishing if he wrote the hook. The only reason dudes is going to get on him is that he aired it out on twitter. I like Twitter but it's the worst thing that happen to the rap industry. Dudes beefin, talkin ish, airin out publishing drama. That's not the forum or the place. When ever someone crys on twitter it lets me know they want attention. A real business person would of called Wale and KanYe and talked to them personally. Also the Wale joint been out and nothing was said. With that said I do feel bad for Roscoe cause when you don't have any power in the industry this is what happens. Dudes take hooks, concepts, the whole 9 and leave dudes out of the credits.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
9 times out of 10 nikkas on here will automatically take the side of the richest most popular nikka without knowing any of the facts...
:laff: i see...... im reading the thread and its like niccazz mad at cuz for getting jerked by they fave teams:russ: ..... boiling over and puttin it on blast however little his contribution son should have got his credit......he made probably a decision to air it out while he was mad but cant take it bak and the industry really gon ish on him now.......twitter is 100-0

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't agree with how Roscoe handled but it's true. Dudes don't be giving the proper credit on songs. Roscoe should of been in publishing if he wrote the hook. The only reason dudes is going to get on him is that he aired it out on twitter. I like Twitter but it's the worst thing that happen to the rap industry. Dudes beefin, talkin ish, airin out publishing drama. That's not the forum or the place. When ever someone crys on twitter it lets me know they want attention. A real business person would of called Wale and KanYe and talked to them personally. Also the Wale joint been out and nothing was said. With that said I do feel bad for Roscoe cause when you don't have any power in the industry this is what happens. Dudes take hooks, concepts, the whole 9 and leave dudes out of the credits.
maybe he did and thats why he got he-motional on twitter cause that was his last outlet.......if you have had any dealings in the industry u know how phony cats do 180's and when they want to get missing they will..........its plenty times you gotta see niccaz wit the goons to get situations str8 especially bout $$$....plenty niccaz done ran up n offices of execs or artist because contracts or bread aint right

YBE

Banned
Daps
Of a hip hop song?..that's the type of thinkin that got nikkas writin like shyt right now...people write hooks all the time..its what u do wit that shyt as an artist that's important...now if Wale was some souljah boy type ABC rapper that totally relied on the hook and beat it would be a different story...

Saying a hook is more important =/= lyrics aren't important.

Imma east coast dude, through & through. i like lyricism. but, the hook is what drags nikkas in. thats the difference between dudes like Cassidy & dudes like Drake. Both them nikkas can rap but, one of them cant make a dope chorus to save his life while the other churns them out like butter.

If you have a talent for writing hooks and you're not getting compensated, you're getting royally fukked because that's 70% of the work :leostare:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Imma east coast dude, through & through. i like lyricism. but, the hook is what drags nikkas in. thats the difference between dudes like Cassidy & dudes like Drake. Both them nikkas can rap but, one of them cant make a dope chorus to save his life while the other churns them out like butter.

If you have a talent for writing hooks and you're not getting compensated, you're getting royally fukked because that's 70% of the work :leostare:
:ehh::clap:

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Well put.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Wales album might've been a fukk up from WMG, he said he wrote that shyt a long time ago so they probably forgot about him. But Kanye does not forget shyt, like I said earlier he always gives credit for the smallest input, . So I wonder what he did on that track.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

NO..that's NOT 70% of the work..unless...like I said..the artist relied on the hook heavy...the person who did the hook DEF should get paid...but what about a song with a sample on the hook?...shyt like that?..ALOT of artists don't write all their hooks..matter of fact..ZERO artists write all their hooks..some producers include the hook when they send the beat..but it's up to me as an ARTIST to take the song where I wanna take it regardless of the hook...all this shyt is showin is that nikkas don't know how songs are made...one person can listen to a hook and get a COMPLETELY different idea from another artist to who listened to that same exact hook...like I said...the person should def get paid..but he aint nowhere near write 70% of the song...shyt..half these hooks these days is just repeated bars over and over...fukk outta here..lol...the problem is nikkas let this gen confuse em into thinkin knowin how to write a hook= being a good songwriter...when as an artist it takes FAR more than that...a catchy hook and a nice beat doesnt= great song...a great song is somethin like Ghostface's "All That I Got Is You"...that's a great example...look where he took that song as an ARTIST...no matter how good the hook is...that song coulda been about a relationship...anything like that..but look where his RHYMES took that shyt...if his RHYMES wasn't like they were...that song wouldnt be the classic that it is till this day...THAT's great songwriting...nikkas got alot to learn..straight up...don't know anything about the layers to making a song...Just cause u dont always write a hook don't mean u just some rappin ass rapper...

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know why its so hard to believe that Roscoe probably wrote the hooks to "To the World" and "Lotus Flower Bomb" and he was later taken off and replaced by other artists.. with a couple lyrics every here and there altered.

In the industry, even if someone comes up with an idea for a song they can receive credit even if they didn't write a lyric... he has a valid argument.

50 has said repeatedly in interviews that Ester Dean wrote "New Day" and Dre threw Alicia Keys on it and Alicia changed the lyrics... I don't see a difference in this situation other than Roscoe wants credit

and in regards to the adlib thing, sounds like he's just using that as proof that he worked on the song.. NOT that he solely wants credit for a minor adlib

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Anybody who put ANYTHING into a song should get their proper credit...whether it be a hook or whatever...they should get credited and get paid...the industry is some sucka shyt...all around... My issue wit Roscoe was he tried to act like he wrote the whole song to LFB but it was just the hook...but he did clear it up so I honestly don't have A problem wit him airin the shyt out...maybe more industry nikkas would stop jerkin people if they started exposin them more often...hope he dont get blackballed...